Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We see a lot of oopsies among our girl moms. Completely out of all proportion even though they're very much in the minority on the site.

Any test that's as dark or darker than control is positive. Be aware you can have false positives and false negatives (OPK are kinda lousy but they're all we have).

I don't think the smiley tests are any better. They can still be misleading. It's whatever you think will work better for you.

Whether or not to go for e4d is at your discretion. You've been trying for a while, but with possibly too long a cutoff at least to start with. I can see wanting to give it a couple months having one attempt at first pos OPK (not waiting for darkest, which can come too late!) But e4d is good too, getting very good results!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Screenshot_20210201-212950.jpg Hi atomic...so i did fall pregnant this cycle with two attempts... could you please take a look at my tests and make an estimation as to when you think i might have ovulated? Feeling happy to have a BFP but sad that it happened the one month out of seven that I had two attempts. Any insight is welcome 💕 thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't really see your picture very clearly, for some reason it won't blow up to a larger size on the screen. The truth is even if I could see it clearly I would probably not be able to tell you when you Oed anyway.

If you want, you can give me a rundown of when the positives came and when your attempts were and I'll give you my opinion.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you that's kind of you.

So first attempt in fertile window was CD13 (evening)
    CD 14 OPK...test line darker than control line at 1:40pm. gradually gets lighter (though still slightly darker than control line)
    CD15 line is definitely darker...'peak' dye stealer at 5:30pm. second attempt done at 10pm...EWCM during CD13 - 16.

I go back and forth between thinking its a 50/50 shot because even though there were two attempts it's taken 7 months of doing a 1 attempt 1 or 2 days before POSITIVE opk (2 or 3 days before 'peak'). So maybe my husband's sperm doesn't live so long...

To thinking I've definitely put myself more in the boy range because of 2 attempts + timing. Plus DH's diet was very good. Plus I Also stressed out a lot about these things...i actually thought there's no way I'll fall pregnant because of how stressed i was...

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    God I wish I had my one attempt in between those two days. Years of thinking of swaying and I've totally half assed it thinking I wouldn't get a BFP anyway.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Having attempts 1-2 days before a positive can be 4 or even more days before peak. it is unusual to get pregnant from that timing and does not mean your husband's sperm doesn't live very long.

Your first attempt was CD 13. This puts you ovulating CD 14 or even 15. If you Oed CD 14, you had one attempt because you would have ovulated already before the attempt 10pm on CD 15. If you Oed CD 15, that in MOST cases will still be one attempt, because the egg would have been fertilized by the CD 13 shot before the CD 15 would have capacitated. If you Oed CD 16 for some reason (possible, but not that likely) you ~maybe~ had two attempts but more likely the CD 13 shot would already have died by then, leaving you with one attempt.

It's always best to go in expecting 50-50 though. Just for the sake of your heart, keep in mind it can go either way, and then we hope you will get a happy surprise!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you Atomic, this at least stops me beating myself up which I have been doing. It's strange going From being so excited to seeing a positive pregnancy test to being so down because you think you've messed up.

But is it even possible i ovulated on CD14 if that's when my first positive OPK was?

Probably a stupid question but does it matters than the egg can be fertilised after ovulation? Something to do with it taking 12 hours to travel down or something?
    Is BDing every other day considered a technique for swaying boy?
    Last edited by Sallystutt; February 14th, 2021 at 03:50 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it is entirely possible to O the day of your first positive OPK. They can be false positives and false negatives, so it's possible to have your positive come "later" than it really is if you had a false negative the day before.

Yes, the egg can be fertilized after ovulation. Anywhere from 8-12 hours. Some say up o 24 but that is quite unlikely and is given more as a guideline for people who are trying to prevent pregnancy not achieve it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12