Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dissapointed and sad

The disappointment on Sunday was very big! After the third insemination I had my periods. I was very very sad! I vriend allt that dag! I do insemination with donorsperm because I am a single mom. I had a total of 4 donor sperm reservations of which I used 3. So I have 1 more attempt. There are no more samples from this donor and he now lives in another country. The only option to give me extra chances of getting pregnant is ICSI. Do I still have a chance of having a daughter by doing ICSI? Can the pcos diet increase my chances of having a girl or is it not helping?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you doing anything that might cut odds of conception?? Taking any herbal supplements or trying to do timing with your insemination?

Yes, you still can get a girl through ICSI. It's a 50-50 chance since they inject the sperm right into the egg.

The PCOS Diet, if you need to be on it, is likely helping you boost your chances of conception anyway. This is because it's better for egg quality even more so than a regular diet is.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get ultrasounds to determine my ovulation so they know when the insemination can take place, but I don't do anything special. I was following the PCOS diet but was not so strict anymore. I also stopped drinking alcohol. I only did this the first cycle. I have not taken any herbs or other supplements. I have been eating a bit more candy lately. I'm not trying to do this anymore. I also want to try to lose weight because I am 5 kg overweight. Maybe this will help too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it helps at all, we did ICSI and ended up with mostly girls. There's been a few studies out there that have found a slight increase in female embryos when using ICSI. It may be a coincidence...I don't know but it's interesting.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IUI are just not that high a chance of conception, unfortunately. It may be nothing you did or didn't do, it's just that IUI are not as good a chance as we would like.

As long as the clinic is doing the insemination at the appropriate time that's great. There are a few disreputable clinics that will do the insemination at the wrong time telling people they are doing timing, but they are giving the woman no chance of conception that way.

Losing a bit of weight may help but that's really minimal. I suspect it's more just that it has not happened yet.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    If it helps at all, we did ICSI and ended up with mostly girls. There's been a few studies out there that have found a slight increase in female embryos when using ICSI. It may be a coincidence...I don't know but it's interesting.
    That is very interesting indeed. Did you do HT to get a girl? Because where I live this is not allowed. But I hope that I have a Litteken bit of luck now and that I can have a daughter. Although I would just be very happy if I could have another child.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    IUI are just not that high a chance of conception, unfortunately. It may be nothing you did or didn't do, it's just that IUI are not as good a chance as we would like.

As long as the clinic is doing the insemination at the appropriate time that's great. There are a few disreputable clinics that will do the insemination at the wrong time telling people they are doing timing, but they are giving the woman no chance of conception that way.

Losing a bit of weight may help but that's really minimal. I suspect it's more just that it has not happened yet.
    With my first son I got pregnant in the third cycle. During the ultrasound my follicles were always 18 mm and I had the insemination 2 days afterwards. With my second son, I was pregnant the first time. Again my follicle was 18mm and 2 days later it was the insemination. Now that I am tryinf for a third child, my follicle was only 14.9mm during the second cycle. The insemination was also 2 days afterwards. I didn't have a good feeling about it at the time and thought it might be too soon that they did the insemination. They did a blood test every time to see if I was going to ovulate. I just hope that I can still get pregnant via ICSI and hopefully with a girl. Although I find it less important now.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeforpinkbaby View Post
    That is very interesting indeed. Did you do HT to get a girl? Because where I live this is not allowed. But I hope that I have a Litteken bit of luck now and that I can have a daughter. Although I would just be very happy if I could have another child.
    Yes, we did HT to have a daughter. We haven't been successful yet as my first FET failed but thankfully we have more XX frozen.

Best of luck to you, I hope you get your girl!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    Yes, we did HT to have a daughter. We haven't been successful yet as my first FET failed but thankfully we have more XX frozen.

Best of luck to you, I hope you get your girl!
    Thank u! I hope u get pregnant soon with your beautiful daughter :-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeforpinkbaby View Post
    With my first son I got pregnant in the third cycle. During the ultrasound my follicles were always 18 mm and I had the insemination 2 days afterwards. With my second son, I was pregnant the first time. Again my follicle was 18mm and 2 days later it was the insemination. Now that I am tryinf for a third child, my follicle was only 14.9mm during the second cycle. The insemination was also 2 days afterwards. I didn't have a good feeling about it at the time and thought it might be too soon that they did the insemination. They did a blood test every time to see if I was going to ovulate. I just hope that I can still get pregnant via ICSI and hopefully with a girl. Although I find it less important now.
    Hmm yes it's unusual they didn't do a followup ultrasound.

FXFXFX for the ICSI! Let me know how I can help!

13. Thanks hopeforpinkbaby thanked for this post