Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl Sway after Two Boys- Attempt Plan Feedback Please

Hi All-

Just hoping to get some feedback on my sway attempt plan. I currently have an almost five year old boy and a 2 1/2 year old boy. We are trying to sway for our third. We did a very lax sway with my second son but I didn't give it 100%. This time around, we are going all in. This is going to be our last baby so I want to really give it my best shot. If we end up with another boy, he will be loved beyond measure but I've always dreamed of having a little girl.

I'm currently following the LE diet. I don't eat until noon and will have a non protein salad (arugula/romaine/strawberries/croutons) or an English muffin/half bagel with cream cheese. I've been really trying to limit my snacks. If I'm really hungry I will eat a low fat yogurt (greek and regular) or a few unsalted pretzels. For dinner we usually have chicken 4-5x a week with rice/pasta and a vegetable. I try to stop eating by 8:00. I've been on the diet for almost eight weeks now and have lost three pounds (I'm quite petite and have gone from 118 lbs down to 115 lbs ). I didn't have caffeine with my boys so I'm also trying to have a caffeinated soda each day. Unfortunately, I don't drink coffee.

This week I really started exercising. We have an at-home elliptical so I have been doing that for 60-70 minutes each morning. The goal is to keep that up 5-6 times a week (or walk outside once the weather is nice). I've been getting up at 5:15 am to make sure I get it in before my boys get up.

The plan is to start TTC in April (I've heard Spring is a good time to conceive girls)--As our attempt is nearing, I'm staring to think about what I should add in to the sway. I bought rephresh, cranberry pills, and licorice root for my husband. We are doing a singular attempt 2-3 days before ovulation. I've been tracking for the past three months with LH strips. I'm just hoping adding in the exercise doesn't mess up my cycle. I'm hoping to get some insight on the rephresh and cranberry (or possibly sudafed)... I've also heard that alcohol can be good for a girl sway (I'm not a big drinker and didn't drink with my boys). I do know that sudafed and alcohol don't mix so I would want to do one or the other. Is there one that has better results? I'm also apprehensive to mess too much down there because I don't want to completely slash our chances of conception either!

I'm also doing the whole rose quartz thing (just for fun)

I would love some feedback on my sway plan. This is all so overwhelming and honestly rather stressful- This board has been an amazing resource though and I'm so thankful that I found it.

Thank you!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have totals for protein, fat, and calories? I'm worried you're not eating enough.

Diet is actually far more likely to delay ovulation than exercise (but the two together even more so!) I want to be sure you're dialed in on diet.

What is your BMI?

I'm not recommending licorice root any more. It has gotten dreadful results and while I still keep the directions around for those who want to use it, I don't recommend it.

I've never recommended cranberry for women due to it not working and being unsafe. I would just give that to your husband instead.

Alcohol has by far and away better results than Sudafed. I have never given that to women anyway, only men, as it's been linked to strokes in younger women.

What is your guys' age?

RepHresh hasn't worked for us and does cut odds of conception. Many people do like to start off with it to feel they've tried everything.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic-

Thank you! So very helpful! My BMI is currently at 20.5. I've been trying to stick to around 1200 calories since prior to the diet, I was always on about a 1200- 1500 calorie diet always. I've never been a huge eater and am rather petite.

I'm trying to keep protein to between 40-50 g a day, fats under 30g. Is that not enough? I can absolutely add more in. I've just been trying to keep everything pretty low. The decrease in protein, elimination of red meat and limiting my potassium (I ate a large amount of potatoes, tomatoes and bananas prior to this diet) has definitely been a huge change for me.

I'm 33 years old and my husband is 36. Fortunately, we've been very lucky in the past (We got pregnant the first month for all three of my pregnancies; one which ended in MC). I always tease him and tell him I'm too fertile and not to look at me when I ovulate. That was why I was thinking to try the rephresh but I also know that the one BD (and we're going to try to cut off at 2-3 days before I ovulate) may decrease odds for conception too.

Ok so I will definitely add the alcohol in. Should I start now that we're about six weeks out? I figure I may need to slowly phase that in... I figure I'll try to start with something low calorie like a spiked seltzer

Thank you so so much for your guidance! I'll definitely be giving the cranberry over to my husband and not even have him start with the licorice. Should I be having him do anything more? He is such a great support and is on board with whatever I need to have him too. He's a little bit on the "fluffier" side so I wasn't sure if he needed to lose or just maintain.

Thanks again!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So first thing I would have you hold steady on weight. BMI 21 is where we have people stop losing and hold steady. If you are SURE you have always eaten so little (and keep in mind we do NOT count cals in things like salad or any low carb veg - but of course we do count things like dressings and toppings) then it's ok to continue at that cal intake, but don't lose any more weight.

40-50 g protein is ok (keep in mind we do not count protein or fat in fruit and veg) but under 30 g fat is not enough, and you will likely delay or stop ovulation if you continue with that. You'll need to up that to 30 g minimum and we are seeing better results with more like 40+.

Limiting potassium really doesn't work at all, it's fine if you want to do it but be sure you're getting enough potassium to live on (2500 mg or thereabouts). That's something we've given up completely and our results are higher than ever.

I generally don't give Sudafed to men over 30 but as long as he's in good health you can give that a try for him (but NOT if he's on the LR!)

Re the RepHresh, it's absolutely fine to start off using everything and then we can drop stuff as we go!

Yep 6 weeks is a fine time to add in alcohol. Just one drink a day is all you need.

"Fluffy" hubbies are what we like to see for girls. For reasons we don't yet know, men with a bit of extra weight do seem to have more daughters, especially if it's in the form of fluff and not muscle, LOL.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic!

Hahah he will be so happy to hear that his pandemic weight gain doesn't need to be taken care of right away :P I will certainly be dropping the LR and adding in the cranberry or OLE- Is there one that gets better results? Hubby is 36 and in pretty good health.

OK I didn't realize that vegetables/fruits weren't included in the daily caloric and protein totals. I will definitely add in some additional calories where I can. I may add in some extra calcium rich foods since I have heard in the past that calcium tends to sway more girl (?)- Not sure if that has been totally debunked! I've also been trying to limit snacking and letting my blood sugar drop (while not eating breakfast)- Would it be best to add a third meal in or allowing some snacking to increase my calorie-intake?

Is there anything else I should be adding in? Doing or not doing? I've truly tried to really read through the forums and I did purchase the Girl Sway Package, which I'll be brushing up on as well.

Thank you again for answering all of my questions and taking the time to always be available. There are just so many different opinions and old wives tales out there--Some are definitely fun to try though (painted nails/rose quartz/hot showers & baths) Just hoping to get some pink dust for when the time comes!
    Last edited by Calliecat; February 28th, 2021 at 09:36 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I generally use OLE for any man over 35 but that's just more from me wanting to be proactive about safety (the OLE may be better for sperm health) than from thinking one is better. I'm pretty skeptical about both of them to be honest.

If you want to add in calcium I'd just take a calcium supplement. While I do not buy the calcium = girls (because yes, there's a vast body of science that casts doubt on it working, and many of us myself included got boys doing it and gave it up to get our girls) if you do want to add calcium the only way to do it really while keeping in the LE Diet limits is by using supplements. There's just no way to eat enough calcium without blowing LE limits out of the water.

Both 2 and 3 meals are equally allowed on LE Diet. If you can't get enough cals in 2 meals please absolutely go to three, just pushing back that first meal some (this still counts for skipping breakfast.)

If you're doing diet and exercise you're doing the important stuff!

Sending tons of pink dust!