Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weaning and swaying

Hi again, I am planning to wean my 21 month toddler as my period has been really funky the last several months and I want to cut all the factors apart from swaying that could possibly cause it, it has been like this- double bleeding (one period straight after the other), ovulation on CD 36 (my normal is CD 14), period on CD 47... it is making it really difficult for me to ttc (gone to my OB after the first abnormal cycle, she said no visible problems, possible early miscarriage ). The second period after that seems to be the same, it just can’t stop... so I decided to wean my toddler, will the weaning itself affect my TTC a girl? Any change of hormones, etc? He is currently breastfeeding once a day only. I wanted to keep the nursing as a part of the sway, but decided against it with such unpredictable and long cycles. Thank you so much in advance!
    Last edited by Chocolatina; March 2nd, 2021 at 02:47 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it's not very common for breastfeeding once a day to be causing that much trouble at 21 months but it's your prerogative. Just don't be horrified if the problem continues and if it does we will need to tweak your diet some more.

While I do think breastfeeding may sway somewhat pink, the good news is that the effects may last a bit after stopping. So if it's time to let that go then go ahead and with any luck you'll still see the benefits.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a matter of fact I don’t want to wean him just yet... but if the problematic period tendency persists and I need to visit my OB again she will most probably relay it all to the breastfeeding which can generally cause such issues (although I did not have them the first five months after I got my period after giving birth). Could it happen that weaning itself may sway blue?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if it was from breastfeeding (it is very, very unlikely that 21 months postpartum and nursing 1 time a day that this is the issue)) the solution is not weaning but simply waiting. It is entirely likely that you could wean and in 3 months everything would normalize, but if you kept nursing in 3 months it would also have been ok. Furthermore, it's entirely possible you wean and still have this issue, and then what?

But we need to make sure you're eating enough.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I decided against weaning for the time being. Regarding eating enough- I eat two times a day - around 1 pm and 7-8 pm, I make sure both meals are ok, around 1800 cal a day, no less than 60 g fat. I added some sugary stuff (cookies, chocolate, ice cream ) every day to make sure the cals don’t go under 1800. My weight has been plateauing so I assume I am doing fine. For lunch I usually have some dough stuff (bread, pastry,), rice cakes with cheese, potatoes and some sugary things, for dinner is whatever I cook for my family minus the meat - usually a salad and some bread, potatoes, rice, various veggies. I even feel that recently I’ve gone over the LE limits, not by much but still, I’ve been on LE veggie 2 meals a day since mid Aug so I guess it is normal to not be super strict anymore. I hope my body is getting the general idea I only hope that having sugar/chocolate every day (which I love and enjoy ) isn’t ruining the whole swaying process (no PCOS or special conditions). Because the blood sugar levels go initially high but then abruptly drop, am I correct? They do not stay high after a small bar of chocolate (30 grams) or a few cookies?
    Last edited by Chocolatina; March 4th, 2021 at 02:33 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For anyone who doesn't have PCO or similar conditions you can have sugar and yes your blood sugar will drop in the acceptable time frame.

What is your BMI?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My BMI is 19,4 (I am 36 years old), it dropped the first several months after I started with LE but I managed not to lose more weight the last 2-3 months thanks to added sugars each day. I have been on LE for 7 months, 4 months of unsuccessful conception attempts. I stick to one attempt on first positive opk and 1 h of brisk walking 5-6 days a week. Nothing more, no supps, no Clomid. The last routine blood tests I did were ok, only my hemoglobin levels were a bit on the low side, but still within limits, I am not sure if it is important
    Last edited by Chocolatina; March 6th, 2021 at 02:51 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still concerned your BMI is low and that coupled with the exercise is really at the root of this issue. My advice is to regain a couple pounds and see what happens.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just measured myself and have actually gained 1 kg for the last month so my new BMI is 19,7. Is this ok? I am actually concerned I am ruining my sway, what if I conceive exactly the month when I gained weight, does it lower the chances for a girl? Does it sway blue?
    Last edited by Chocolatina; March 7th, 2021 at 03:26 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have not found tiny fluctuations in weight to be super predictive of whose sways work and whose don't. We have had many many people who regained a bit of weight and got girls, and even more who had lost weight and got boys anyway. The thing is that if your cycle isn't working properly due to low weight you'd not be able to conceive anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast