Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying girl and twins?

Hi there!
    So I donÂ’t even know if IÂ’m posting in the right place. I donÂ’t have a plan yet, I donÂ’t know if it would even be possible to create one for my situation. I posted here in 2018, Iwas trying to sway pink, and was on the anti inflammatory diet because I was between to biologics medications. I got pregnant twice on the diet but miscarried both babies, probably to to inflammation not being controlled. Then I was put on a biologics again, inflammation went down and I got pregnant WITH A GIRL!!! I was trying to loose weight, so I was doing low carb, and went pretty much vegan 1 month prior.

Now I feel like all the time I wasted trying to control inflammation instead of having babies prevented me from having my 4. IÂ’m 35 and I know my days of fertility are counted. I almost got a yes from my husband for one last baby, but when we met 11 years ago we both wanted 4, so IÂ’m hoping for a miracle (twins). But IÂ’d like a single girl more than twin boys. My oldest (8yo) grew up alone, and I regret not being able to give him a sibling close in age. So I want to give my 9mo girl a sister (or 2, or a brother and a sister).

But I donÂ’t know if itÂ’s even possible to sway both twins and girl, especially in my situation. I still have crohns, and IÂ’m on remicade now. While IÂ’m well controlled, I canÂ’t have dairy at all. Also, I had a bad case of gestational diabetes during pregnancy, and after I had my girl I put on so much weight from trying to breastfeed! Domperidone, supplements, all the oatmeal. I have very low supply. 3 months pp I felt weird after meals so I decided to check my blood sugar and sure enough is was through the roof. Called my doc and we decided to try dieting before adding more medication. So I went full on keto, dropped 2 sizes in 3 months, and got rid of diabetes. I later read that insulin resistance can make it hard to make milk, and in this case, breastfeeding can make you gain weight instead of loosing. So this all made sense.

Now 9 months later IÂ’m still on keto, trying to go back to a normal bmi. I went from 235 lbs to 180, and IÂ’m aiming for 150. I started charting my cycles again, to get back in it. I used to have 31-37 days cycles, and had troubles getting a clear + opk. Even though I did ovulate when I conceived, the opk were never super positive. Now I have 27-31 days cycles, with super dark opks. The test line get darker than the control line!!!

This all makes me think I should keep controlling my sugar intake. But what sways pink? Low blood sugar, or elevated for hours? Like I canÂ’t have a short spike. What about keto? Do ketones sway pink or blue? I lost 50 lbs so far in 7 months, would the weight loss sway pink? I eat mostly eggs and chicken as protein, leafy greens, olive oil mayonnaise. I drink a lot of coffee, 2 regular cups in the morning and deca the rest of the day. And I like my diet coke in the evening. I never have breakfast. I have a quick light lunch and a bigger dinner. I donÂ’t have time to cardio because I just never stop, my husband works away from home on a 14/14 schedule. I move all day long cleaning, cooking, playing eith the baby. I donÂ’t drink alcool, crohnÂ’s doesnÂ’t do well with it. I guess I could try and go more vegan, but it would be complicated since most vegan protein sources have a lot of carbs.

I started over taking prenatals, every other day like I was suggested here 3 years ago. I take vitamin D supplements since I had a deficiency 2 months ago, and I take 4000 folic acid everyday.

So many things in my condition are in conflict with a pink sway, I donÂ’t know if it would be possible to. So adding a twin sway seems even more unrealistic. Could I get some insight?

Also, as a side note, I read that using rephresh before bd sways pink. And getting up right after. I donÂ’t know if I have a weird vagina, but everything runs out as soon as I get up. I laid down every time I conceived! Thoughts?

Thank you ❤️

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can make it easy on you - twin sways haven't worked. I have had several people do them, and it never worked. The only thing that actually consistently raises chances of twinning is Clomid and to a lesser extent Femara. Now, we do seem to see more twins conceived with pink sways (even without the medications) but that is probably more down to the fact that many of us have other factors that "sway twin" as in we have several children, we're older, etc and not something you can really DO.

So I would have you just set the notion of twins aside because the odds are sky high you'd do all this stuff supposed to "sway twin" and not end up with twins anyway, and it might undermine your pink sway.

I very much want to reassure you that your fertile days "are numbered". The "rule of 35" is very much falling out of favor. It was never really true, was originally based upon data from the 1600's and 1700's, and has been grossly misrepresented in the media, and really just is not at all the case. Many of us, myself included, had babies easily even into our forties (I had a baby at 37, 39, and 42 with no problem at all conceiving) So please don't assume your time is up, it isn't.

Since you need this type of diet, you should just continue. You wil still be eating a more restrictive diet and losing weight, and you will still be keeping your blood sugar on the low side. I would very much recommend doing the exercise. I understand it isn't easy but both in terms of your health (exercise is stellar at controlling blood sugar) and the sway it's going to be very helpful. I would try to get some in even if it's only like a half an hour 3-4 days a week in the moderate range because the benefits to blood sugar will be so huge they'll outweigh any risk.

Rephresh hasn't really worked for us. You can start off using it, but you'll want to make it more like 8-12 hours before to start with and then gradually extend it to 24 hours.

I would wait at least 5 minutes before getting up after intercourse. If you don't get pregnant that way you can gradually extend the time you lay down till you're laying down for 15-30 minutes.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve conceived twins twice now while swaying pink, but I have have several other factors going on that already favor twins for me. I doubt anything I specifically did caused twins, nor do I think there is anything you can do short of taking fertility treatments to increase your odds of twins. I’ve also conceived pretty easily “later in life” to include a set of twins at 35, another baby at 37, and twins again at 40. I’ve had a few losses in there as well, but I have a blood clotting disorder with significantly increases my miscarriage risk above the normal odds and at the time of my losses, my clotting factors were elevated, indicating a clear link to that as the cause.
    DH (43), DW (40)

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I can make it easy on you - twin sways haven't worked. I have had several people do them, and it never worked. The only thing that actually consistently raises chances of twinning is Clomid and to a lesser extent Femara. Now, we do seem to see more twins conceived with pink sways (even without the medications) but that is probably more down to the fact that many of us have other factors that "sway twin" as in we have several children, we're older, etc and not something you can really DO.

So I would have you just set the notion of twins aside because the odds are sky high you'd do all this stuff supposed to "sway twin" and not end up with twins anyway, and it might undermine your pink sway.

I very much want to reassure you that your fertile days "are numbered". The "rule of 35" is very much falling out of favor. It was never really true, was originally based upon data from the 1600's and 1700's, and has been grossly misrepresented in the media, and really just is not at all the case. Many of us, myself included, had babies easily even into our forties (I had a baby at 37, 39, and 42 with no problem at all conceiving) So please don't assume your time is up, it isn't.

Since you need this type of diet, you should just continue. You wil still be eating a more restrictive diet and losing weight, and you will still be keeping your blood sugar on the low side. I would very much recommend doing the exercise. I understand it isn't easy but both in terms of your health (exercise is stellar at controlling blood sugar) and the sway it's going to be very helpful. I would try to get some in even if it's only like a half an hour 3-4 days a week in the moderate range because the benefits to blood sugar will be so huge they'll outweigh any risk.

Rephresh hasn't really worked for us. You can start off using it, but you'll want to make it more like 8-12 hours before to start with and then gradually extend it to 24 hours.

I would wait at least 5 minutes before getting up after intercourse. If you don't get pregnant that way you can gradually extend the time you lay down till you're laying down for 15-30 minutes.
    Thank you for your help!

I’m still curious about ketones though. Any study or stats regarding ketones and if they sway either pink or blue? And I forgot to ask about salt, I don’t eat much because I limit salt for the whole family anyways. Is it pink safe or should I est more salt?

About the exercise, you mentioned it is important because it keeps blood sugar low. My blood sugar is constantly low, I eat less than 20g carbs in 24 hours. I check often and it’s always on the low side. Also, if I was to exercise I would have to up my calorie intake which would be quite the opposite of the reduction that would sway pink, wouldn’t it?

I will just stop thinking about twins. Should I drop the high dose of folic acid?

Just a side note regarding my age, I should have specificied that while many conceive at a later age, all women on my mother’s side of the family go into complete menopause by 38, and my obgyn told me told me to expect the pretty much the same. So even if it is possible that I still ovulate in 5 years, I can’t take that chance.

Thanks again ��

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    I’ve conceived twins twice now while swaying pink, but I have have several other factors going on that already favor twins for me. I doubt anything I specifically did caused twins, nor do I think there is anything you can do short of taking fertility treatments to increase your odds of twins. I’ve also conceived pretty easily “later in life” to include a set of twins at 35, another baby at 37, and twins again at 40. I’ve had a few losses in there as well, but I have a blood clotting disorder with significantly increases my miscarriage risk above the normal odds and at the time of my losses, my clotting factors were elevated, indicating a clear link to that as the cause.
    I also have a clotting disorder and have to take delparin from 6 weeks to birth. I know some women can conceive later, I should have mentioned all women in my mother’s side of the family went into complete menopause by 38. My obgyn straight up told me to expect the same so I can’t take the chance to wait.

May I ask what were your factors for twins? From what I heard, I would have a few but I don’t know how true it could be. I’m tall, overweight but not obese, I’m 35, I already have 2 (but 4 pregnancies if miscarriages count) and my great grandmother had a set of twins. But nothing medical like medications or ivf, so I’m I’m taking it with a grain of salt.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your help! This repky could appear twice, I posted once and it disappeared.

I’m still curious about ketones though. Any study or stats regarding ketones and if they sway either pink or blue? And I forgot to ask about salt, I don’t eat much because I limit salt for the whole family anyways. Is it pink safe or should I est more salt?

About the exercise, you mentioned it is important because it keeps blood sugar low. My blood sugar is constantly low, I eat less than 20g carbs in 24 hours. I check often and it’s always on the low side. Also, if I was to exercise I would have to up my calorie intake which would be quite the opposite of the reduction that would sway pink, wouldn’t it?

I will just stop thinking about twins. Should I drop the high dose of folic acid?

Just a side note regarding my age, I should have specificied that while many conceive at a later age, all women on my mother’s side of the family go into complete menopause by 38, and my obgyn told me told me to expect the pretty much the same. So even if it is possible that I still ovulate in 5 years, I can’t take that chance.

Thanks again ��

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Multiple prior pregnancies, age, I’m taller than the average height, Scandinavian heritage (which I’ve read increases the odds), twins run in both sides of my family. I’m not of a high body weight and conceived both sets of twins weighing between 130-135 lb. I also did not take fertility treatments.
    DH (43), DW (40)

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are very few studies done on swaying. Many people say being in full ketosis when you conceive is dangerous anyway so it's not something I would ever recommend deliberately to people (even if you can do it safely and need to for your health, lots of people carry things way too far so I keep my recommendations to things that are really safe and not easy to mess up.)

Some once believed salt swayed blue and have people avoiding it for pink. We have not found salt restriction to mesh with science and practically all of us gave it up, and our results are higher than ever. So while you can certainly limit if you'd like, it's not necessary.

It doesn't matter what your blood sugar is telling you on a meter. It is still best to exercise because exercise is proven to improve your insulin response over time. We find that exercise is one of our most effective tactics even with a higher cal intake.
    If you can't do it, that's fine, but I still recommend it, especially to people in your situation.

How high a dose are you taking of the folic?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are very few studies done on swaying. Many people say being in full ketosis when you conceive is dangerous anyway so it's not something I would ever recommend deliberately to people (even if you can do it safely and need to for your health, lots of people carry things way too far so I keep my recommendations to things that are really safe and not easy to mess up.)

Some once believed salt swayed blue and have people avoiding it for pink. We have not found salt restriction to mesh with science and practically all of us gave it up, and our results are higher than ever. So while you can certainly limit if you'd like, it's not necessary.

It doesn't matter what your blood sugar is telling you on a meter. It is still best to exercise because exercise is proven to improve your insulin response over time. We find that exercise is one of our most effective tactics even with a higher cal intake.
    If you can't do it, that's fine, but I still recommend it, especially to people in your situation.

How high a dose are you taking of the folic?

I’m taking 4000 mcg a day, I read on a fb group that it sways twins. So if it doesn’t even help I guess I should just stop?

Why is it dangerous to get pregnant on keto? I know it’s not good during pregnancy so I was thinking of going back to low carb once I get a positive, but is it dangerous even before 14 dpo?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    High dose folic acid doesn't actually sway twin. It may help both twins to survive the first trimester by providing adequate folic acid for both of them.

I do like you guys to take extra folic anyway. But 4000 is a LOT and is generally only given to women with a history of neural tube defects. I would have you wean back to 2000 and it may be best if you take folate instead of folic acid.

The reason not to do keto when you are TTC is twofold - firstly because we simply do not know it's safe. There is evidence that doing it when pregnant may be harmful to the baby's mental development and we don't know how long the effects of the diet last. It's all just not at all studied. And secondly because we have found people on very low carb diets have not gotten pregnant when they really should have (like, people with a history of getting pregnant easily did not get pregnant on keto and then got pregnant once they stopped) and it can disrupt the menstrual cycle for some people.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast