Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

multivitamin and girl sway

Hi there,

We're on month 4 trying to conceive a girl and I have a question about vitamins. I tried several months without my daily multi and it caused me to spot from ovulation until AF each time; cycle length and ovulation remained fairly regular. This past month I tried adding back a very low dose multi (less than 100% DV for all nutrients per day) and my spotting mostly resolved. Is it ok to continue taking this supplement when swaying for a girl or will it hurt my sway?

For reference, I've also been doing LE for 6ish months (limited meat, usually 2-3 servings per week), 1 attempt at +OPK, exercise 3-5x/week. I'm 5'8", 121# and have two boys (ages 5 and 2). I also take extra magnesium, folate, and NAC.

Thanks so much!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After 6 months I would have had you add in at the least, iron and zinc anyway.

Go ahead and take that another month daily then go to 3x a week. I can't tell you how it affects your sway. But what I do know is this - it is not normal to spot from O-Af and that it was happening indicates something needed to be fixed.

Did this spotting coincide with you dieting?? Because I doubt it was the lack of the multivitamin, and much more likely too low calories and fat.

Your BMI is too low. do NOT lose any more weight.

Are you ready to start adding attempts to boost odds of conception?

Can you please give me an estimate of how many calories, and how much protein and fat you are eating (grams of pro and fat)? I suspect you're not getting enough fat, and possibly calories.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for responding! Calorically my diet is not much different than when I conceived my boys; somewhere around 1800 kcal/day on average. It is, however, less total protein and fat. On average I do still get about 35% of calories from fat, maybe more. Protein I aim for about 45 grams per day, ideally with as little meat as possible (still eat it 2x per week, usually poultry). The spotting started when I stopped my multivitamin, not when I decreased my protein/fat. Whenever I add my multi back, the spotting seems to not be an issue. I still eat plenty of fruits and veggies.

I got pregnant on month 2 of TTC with both boys, and got pregnant without trying this past October (ended up being ectopic). Would adding an attempt decrease odds of conceiving a girl? Anything else I can do that’s “girl friendly?”

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I understand that, but the thing is, these things are cumulative and the biggest predictor of that spotting, by far, true in 99.99% of the cases I see is not eating enough fat/calories.

Taking a multivitamin when the issue is not enough fat is like a bandaid on a bullethole. Maybe the spotting stops, but you haven't fixed the real problem. Plus, if you ARE eating enough fat, and the spotting stopped coincidentally, now you've undermined your sway for no reason.

Are you counting the fat and protein in fruits and veg? And the calories in low carb veg?

I would have you switch instead to every 4 day method. Instead of adding an attempt, have unprotected sex every 72 hours starting after your period ends and going on till you're sure you have ovulated, even if it means going on till the next period begins. It may be you're just not having the one attempt at the optimal time, and this introduces an element of randomness to it that will help you possibly end up with a better timed attempt

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This month I continued the multi, added more protein and fat, calories at around 2k per day, and I’ve been spotting since ovulation I forgot to mention previously that I’ve been tested for hyperplasia, PCOS, fibroids, polyps, and even cancer and all came back negative/normal.

I’m on month 4 ttc and while I know that’s not long, I got pregnant on the second try with both of my boys and am getting discouraged. This month we tried e4d. What’s the first thing you’d change - adding protein, higher quality multi, other supps, more attempts, and/or anything else? Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you consistently eating 50-60 g fat every day?

Are you counting protein and fat in fruit and veg (DON'T, and you may need to eat more pro and fat to compensate for this)

Are you still taking fiber?