Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Girl Sway after chemical pregnancy

Hello! Long time user here, and back again. Husband and I want to try for our second girl. We have 2 boys (4yr, 2yr) and a daughter (turning 1yr this month). I am still breastfeeding my daughter, but am ovulating most cycles. There are a couple of cycles I feel maybe my luteal phase is very very short? I currently am on CD 2. We tried last month, we ended up getting pregnant, though that resulted in a chemical pregnancy I believe (2 days of a progressing second line at 10 and 11dpo), then I unfortunately started bleeding heavily the night of 11dpo . Wondering if it's due to a short luteal phase due to bf my daughter? My cycles tend to be longer (38-39 days) and I seem to ovulate around CD 24-27.
    I have been trying to exercise more. My issue is when I read the boy/girl sway food guides, I definitely tend to sway more blue. :/
    Is there anything else I can do for a girl Sway other than changing my diet? I crave a ton of fats and carbs unfortunately. Is there any merit to taking BBT while swaying or should I just go off a positive OPK? Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry to hear that.

It's definitely a possibility that breastfeeding can cause a short LP, but if you got a positive pregnancy test, what most likely (like, 99% likely) happened is that something was not right with the pregnancy and your body pulled the plug on it. Once you're getting a positive pregnancy test, your body would have received the signal to make enough hormones to sustain it, even with breastfeeding. That didn't happen, and the reason is generally due to something just not being quite right.

Changing your diet is by far the best thing to do. Diet and exercise are the best ways to go, I wish it was easier but it's just how it seems to be. But in most cases people can eat a LOT MORE than they think on LE Diet. Some people online have spread ideas about LE Diet that are simply untrue and so if you tell me what you think the LE Diet even is, I can advise you. Additionally your macros would be higher because you're breastfeeding as well, and we can up them even more if need be to get to a place where you're eating less than you were, even if you can't get to the full on LE Diet mode.

I don't advise doing temping for swaying unless you're already doing it. It doesn't add anything for the sway, it's simply a way to know if you ovulated and when, and starting that process means you can get kind of "control freaky" about it, which sways blue. I would just use OPK.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that.

It's definitely a possibility that breastfeeding can cause a short LP, but if you got a positive pregnancy test, what most likely (like, 99% likely) happened is that something was not right with the pregnancy and your body pulled the plug on it. Once you're getting a positive pregnancy test, your body would have received the signal to make enough hormones to sustain it, even with breastfeeding. That didn't happen, and the reason is generally due to something just not being quite right.

Changing your diet is by far the best thing to do. Diet and exercise are the best ways to go, I wish it was easier but it's just how it seems to be. But in most cases people can eat a LOT MORE than they think on LE Diet. Some people online have spread ideas about LE Diet that are simply untrue and so if you tell me what you think the LE Diet even is, I can advise you. Additionally your macros would be higher because you're breastfeeding as well, and we can up them even more if need be to get to a place where you're eating less than you were, even if you can't get to the full on LE Diet mode.

I don't advise doing temping for swaying unless you're already doing it. It doesn't add anything for the sway, it's simply a way to know if you ovulated and when, and starting that process means you can get kind of "control freaky" about it, which sways blue. I would just use OPK.
    Thank you so much for your response. I apologize, I didn't see your response til now.
    Would progesterone cream help lengthen my luteal phase?
    Do you happen to know if the Moderna vaccine can alter a sway? I received my second shot yesterday, and terrible timing because I got my first peak yesterday morning as well. We did one attempt promptly after. Today is second day peak, but I am terribly sick (fever, aches, chills, etc). I'm wondering if we should have a second attempt since I read being sick can delay O?
    My first shot with my moderna vaccine, I had my chemical pregnancy (not sure if that has anything to do with it?). Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh you never need to worry about not getting back to me, it's my job to get back to you, not the other way around!!

If your LP is short from breastfeeding it will correct on its own. I would not use progesterone cream for that reason, and it might not even work anyway (because breastfeeding creates its own set of reasons why you can't conceive yet aside from low prog). And if you were planning on the OTC cream, don't bother, as it's not the formulation needed to help with pregnancy anyway and is meant to be used for menopausal women.

We don't know if the shots can affect sways. Just beyond our ability to know. Same with safety - just not enough info as of yet.

I would wait 72 hours after your last attempt and attempt again. If that feels too risky you can give it 96 hours. That's far enough apart to still seem to count as the one attempt, but you'll be covered if you do O quite a bit later.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well update :
    I received a positive pregnancy test at 10dpo, darker this morning at 11dpo (FRER), but I started spotting today and I'm thinking now another chemical pregnancy. Not sure why this is happening now, I've never had a problem with chemicals and I've always been a pee-on-a-stick addict before. If I had chemicals while trying before, I'd certainly catch them. :/ A bit upset this is the second time in a row, both resulting in me spotting at 11dpo. Thought we had a perfect sway. One attempt at peak, LE diet, and we used lubricant.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spotting does not necessarily mean a chemical though. Obviously no one ever wants to see spotting when pregnant but it may be you're not out yet.

How much fat are you eating?? And what supplements if any are you taking?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Spotting does not necessarily mean a chemical though. Obviously no one ever wants to see spotting when pregnant but it may be you're not out yet.

How much fat are you eating?? And what supplements if any are you taking?

Definitely a period. I leaked through my overnight pad and am now having a regular-heavier bleeding today with menstrual cramps.
    It's weird because this cycle I even got a positive on a digital, but my period started again. My LP only seems to be 10-11 days.
    Is there anything I can do to lengthen it if it's a problem? I have a friend that stopped taking her clomid and offered me her 50mg for next cycle, should I? I saw my obgyn last month regarding my short luteal phase and he wanted to completely wean my daughter and come back in 6 months to a year before giving me anything. I have 3 children, 2 of them conceived around this time while breastfeeding, so I know my body has or can get pregnant while nursing.
    I am eating 55-60g of fat and protein.
    I've tried going lower, but I'm always hungry.
    Also, no supplements other than the occasional prenatal (but I forget to take it most of the time). Should I be taking anything?
    Last edited by angelmamma; June 2nd, 2021 at 12:46 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it's possible to have what appears to be a period and be pregnant the whole time. I know it sounds farfetched, and in most cases if it looks like a period it is, but many of us myself included have had full on heavy "periods" and walked away from it with babies at the end. I had a five day long, extra heavy "period" and had an 8 lb baby 9 months later. So while I agree this isn't looking good, until that test goes negative you're still in it (particularly if the test is getting darker, not lighter)

10-11 day LP is long enough to conceive. What can also happen is that if you do have a chemical, it can trigger your period to come. Doctors long operated under the erroneous assumption that if your period came "early" it meant that CAUSED the loss. But it's actually the other way around - in the vast, vast majority of cases, the pregnancy wasn't working out as it should, and your body drops progesterone as a RESULT of that and the pregnancy comes to an end (and this can trigger your period to come). This doesn't say anything about what your normal LP would have been without the loss, nor does it mean a short LP caused the loss, because if the pregnancy would have been developing normally, it would have sent a signal to your body to start making the appropriate hormones to sustain pregnancy.

Yes, doctors will immediately seize on breastfeeding as "the reason" for a short LP and demand you wean. But just like you, I got pregnant twice while breastfeeding, I've seen into the thousands of people do it, and even IF the nursing caused a shorter LP, 10-11 days is still long enough to conceive with, and if the pregnancy didn't work out in the vast majority of cases it was that something was amiss with the development. And even IF it was somehow related to breastfeeding, that will fix itself over time, the furhter you get postpartum. There is no need for most people to wean to conceive (provided they're ok with waiting till their body is ready).

I WANT everyone breastfeeding to be on 1800-2000 cals a day, 50-60 g pro and fat or even up to 65 if you need to. So that is fine in terms of your sway, and you may even want to eat a bit more to ensure you have the raw materials needed for hormone-making.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, above I asked you some questions about diet and what you believe the LE Diet is. Many people have huge misconceptions about what the LE Diet entails and make them think they cannot sway via diet, but I can help you understand better the sort of changes to make (for instance, you're already DOING that LE Diet fat level I'd suggest anyway!)

As for Clomid, how many menstrual cycles have you had postpartum? If we use it truly too soon, and your body is not quite ready to conceive yet, it will be a waste, so I want to be sure you have a good chance of it working for you.

10. Thanks angelmamma thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Thanks for you response. Confirmed period, took a pregnancy test and it was now negative.
    I've had 5 cycles since my daughter, this will be my 6th cycle. I am 12 months postpartum. This period is actually seeming to be really short. I'm on CD 4 (since it's past midnight) and looks like my period is ending (period started slowing down to a very light bleed at CD 3), usually it's 5-7 days since my cycles have returned.

My diet -
    1900-2000 calories a day
    55-60g of fat and protien.
    High fiber fruits and veggies, though a lot of it is green onion, bok choy, lots of peppers.
    I am Chinese and my husband is Mexican, so unfortunately we do eat a lot of carbs, mostly rice for me. I've tried cutting carbs, but I've eaten rice my whole life. So much so, if I died, years from now they'll find rice in my coffin instead of ashes.
    A lot of my protien comes from tofu. My diet used to consist of lots of eggs, but I've been trying to limit my eggs, about 4-5 eggs a week.
    I am trying about 30 minutes of cardio a day, I know I should be doing more, but I haven't had the chance to.
    Yeah, I've always had a short LP since breastfeeding,but in the bright side:
    I've conceived my second son and daughter with a short luteal phase. I got a positive test at 9dpo with my second son and a positive test at 10dpo with my daughter.
    What can I do to increase my odds of a sticky baby this cycle? My husband wanted to know if there'd be any merit in him taking any multi vitamins or something? Should he be abstaining or release every 2-4 days? He is 32.
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast