Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61
  1. #41
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    105,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by girlygirl76 View Post
    Hi! I'm new here and I just have to say I'm very confused. I bought the Babydust book months ago, read it, believed it, and then saw a bunch of fails on the facebook group (although with 40k+ members I guess that makes sense). Then I became obsessive about the lunar method. I looked up so many due dates that I knew (including my son's) and they were all conceived in the right phases if you backtrack. Granted, I do not know when everyone ovulated exactly but I know when I did in 2019 to conceive my son. Anyway, there has to be SOME truth to it, right? I don't even know what to believe! And here I am, trying to sway girl with a 3 day cutoff the other day (I think). I'm not sure if I ovulated on Monday or Tuesday but I peaked early Monday morning at like 7:30. So looking at the lunar method, I could have ovulated Monday night in girl phase or Tuesday in boy phase. Does this even make sense? Like you say, if it was so successful, why is it a big secret?

    So now I am freaking out that I did it all wrong. I also peaked on my lunar fertile day, which I'm not sure is good or bad. All I've wanted for SO long is a daughter so I can share the same relationship I share with my own mother. I've prayed for her and have researched this for months, but felt I completely screwed up this weekend when I just decided to go for it.

    The 98% success rate is also based on a very small sample size, so I would take that with a grain of salt, but I have to say I'm really just not even sure what to do! Help! LOL. Why is this so difficult?!
    Why does there have to be some truth to it? Can you explain why it is that this method makes sense to you? I would better be able to address your concerns if I understood what it is about the lunar method that seems convincing to you. It makes no sense to me so it is hard for me to explain why it isn't true without knowing more about your thought process.

    As for Babydust, beyond the fails which of course are heartbreaking and devastating, the bigger issue is that people are going many months, even YEARS not conceiving. So not only does it not work, it's actually preventing people from conceiving, causing them to waste years of their limited fertile window chasing a method that is as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked (timing intercourse for gender). We know timing doesn't work, we know that it is all based on one man's mistake, and you can read all the reasons why here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

    Did you use any other swaying tactics at all?? I hope you had just one attempt!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  2. #42
    Dream User

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Thank you for your in depth reply.

    I Never felt hungry at all doing the diet while breastfeeding and I did do the 1800 calories but then switched to the lower amount when I was done. It was just very difficult for me to keep track of all the macros. Or do try and think of what to eat if I was lacking in fats or proteins.

    I trust that you wouldnít be doing this if you knew something caused miscarriage. After I read the article you posted about all that it just seemed to click to me that I should just stop with the diet as it makes the whole process not fun for me because I hate tracking. And maybe thatís where I went wrong. I didnít track close enough so it was causing some issues because I had a pretty low bmi.
    At this point now I have gained 9 lbs so Iím sure it wouldnít hurt to go back on the diet but I donít want to take any chances plus I just donít want the added stress of it all. And like you said itís not impossible to get a girl still and not do the diet. Now that I know all the diet criteria Iím sure I will have it in the back of my mind and try not to eat as much meat and no snacking like I normally would. Iíll add in the decaf coffee everyday just for kicks too. My husband was so sick of eating chicken all the time haha. At this point I feel like if I were to do diet and have another loss I would regret that more than if I just didnít do it at all because I just want a healthy baby at this point.

    I also noticed as soon as I started the diet and exercise I was starting to spot for like 3-5 days after my period would end so to me that was also a red flag. We conceived both times I had the spotting but both ended in losses. Iím not blaming you at all, youíve been very precise in your diet requirements. If anything it was my fault for not following them so precisely especially when i had the low bmi which you warned me about. Iím just seeing if thereís anything you could recommend without having to do any sort of diet that is still going to be a big sway factor.

    As for the folic acid. I went from 1000mcg to 800mcg in my prenatalÖ is that a big no no?

    The cardio should be a good thing for me to keep up with too right?


    2 DS
    Praying for DD

  3. #43
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    105,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    awesome, absolutely, as long as you are good with that decision I'm here cheering you on! Yep, absolutely continue with exercise, even more important when not doing diet.

    Going from 1000 to 800 is not as big a deal as I feared (I was worried you'd gone from 1000 to 400, which many prenatals have) but in future pregnancies I would continue the higher amount all thru the entire first trimester and then gradually wean off by spacing the doses out instead of just dropping it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  4. Thanks Dreamingofpink01 thanked for this post
  5. #44
    Dream Newbie

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Why does there have to be some truth to it? Can you explain why it is that this method makes sense to you? I would better be able to address your concerns if I understood what it is about the lunar method that seems convincing to you. It makes no sense to me so it is hard for me to explain why it isn't true without knowing more about your thought process.

    As for Babydust, beyond the fails which of course are heartbreaking and devastating, the bigger issue is that people are going many months, even YEARS not conceiving. So not only does it not work, it's actually preventing people from conceiving, causing them to waste years of their limited fertile window chasing a method that is as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked (timing intercourse for gender). We know timing doesn't work, we know that it is all based on one man's mistake, and you can read all the reasons why here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

    Did you use any other swaying tactics at all?? I hope you had just one attempt!
    I guess there has to be some truth to it because it seems like it works. The 98% success rate is based on a VERY small sample size, I know, but I just feel like it's such a new concept to many people (even though it's not new). Why do people find success with it? Maybe it's because they don't really know when they ovulate. I have to remind myself that this group only has two thousand people in it and so many others have more...and there is no such thing as a 98% success rate (since it's based off of so few people right now).

    I did only have one attempt this cycle! Loose diet (I'm underweight and have a low BMI, history of irregular periods so can't really restrict too much), either 2 or 3 day cutoff just because that's how it worked out and I ovulated late, hot shower before BD, shallow release. I feel like I did it all wrong but at a certain point I don't know what to believe!

  6. #45
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    105,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Can you link me to the page where they're reporting 98% success rate? I'd like to see this small sample size myself. Sometimes I can catch issues that you may not be aware of (such as, if this is a Facebook group, there is a setting on Facebook that allows the page owner to not allow certain posts - aka anyone who has had an opposite) that skew the results.

    Don't worry, I'm not looking to stir up drama, I'd just like to see how this is being reported so I can better help you move past this. Because, again, if someone was sitting on 98% success rate, they'd be able to not only make billions of dollars, but revolutionize everything we know about the science of conception, helping millions of people in the process. It would be a biological discovery on par with the discovery of germs - even beyond that, since it's basically proving magic is real. NO ONE in their right mind would keep this information private if they had it. That someone has such information and is using it to make a couple bucks on the Internet makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

    Unless a person had an ultrasound they DO NOT KNOW when they ovulated. No method of pinpointing ovulation, even to the day, let alone to the hour, works. Even things like ovulation pains have been repeatedly shown to be unpredictable, with people having O pains before, during, and after ovulation. OPK are also very unpredictable. In reputable studies, even highly trained experts in natural family planning methods using modern knowhow and technology could not pinpoint the day of their ovulation any better than one out of three times. So all these people who are saying they had success with this method you have no way to know if what they're saying is true. You don't know when they ovulated. You don't know the gender of their baby - we have seen people who will go around posting the outcome of their baby's gender based on their baby's heart rate or something their acupuncturist told them, that is later proven to be untrue. You don't even have a way to know if the people in that group are real people!!! For all we know at least some of them are sock puppet accounts - this happens, even in much more "official" arenas like IVF clinics.

    You had a good sway. I would just count on the stuff you did to carry the day and if it didn't work out with the astrology, so be it. And anyway, since you really can't know when you truly ovulated, for all you know it DID work out with the astrology anyway.

    But if for some reason things don't work out - a loss, or an opposite - I'm here to help you and there are MANY ways we have to do LE Diet without being too restrictive. No one should skip LE Diet out of a misperception that they have to be super restrictive. I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  7. #46
    Dream Newbie

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Can you link me to the page where they're reporting 98% success rate? I'd like to see this small sample size myself. Sometimes I can catch issues that you may not be aware of (such as, if this is a Facebook group, there is a setting on Facebook that allows the page owner to not allow certain posts - aka anyone who has had an opposite) that skew the results.

    Don't worry, I'm not looking to stir up drama, I'd just like to see how this is being reported so I can better help you move past this. Because, again, if someone was sitting on 98% success rate, they'd be able to not only make billions of dollars, but revolutionize everything we know about the science of conception, helping millions of people in the process. It would be a biological discovery on par with the discovery of germs - even beyond that, since it's basically proving magic is real. NO ONE in their right mind would keep this information private if they had it. That someone has such information and is using it to make a couple bucks on the Internet makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

    Unless a person had an ultrasound they DO NOT KNOW when they ovulated. No method of pinpointing ovulation, even to the day, let alone to the hour, works. Even things like ovulation pains have been repeatedly shown to be unpredictable, with people having O pains before, during, and after ovulation. OPK are also very unpredictable. In reputable studies, even highly trained experts in natural family planning methods using modern knowhow and technology could not pinpoint the day of their ovulation any better than one out of three times. So all these people who are saying they had success with this method you have no way to know if what they're saying is true. You don't know when they ovulated. You don't know the gender of their baby - we have seen people who will go around posting the outcome of their baby's gender based on their baby's heart rate or something their acupuncturist told them, that is later proven to be untrue. You don't even have a way to know if the people in that group are real people!!! For all we know at least some of them are sock puppet accounts - this happens, even in much more "official" arenas like IVF clinics.

    You had a good sway. I would just count on the stuff you did to carry the day and if it didn't work out with the astrology, so be it. And anyway, since you really can't know when you truly ovulated, for all you know it DID work out with the astrology anyway.

    But if for some reason things don't work out - a loss, or an opposite - I'm here to help you and there are MANY ways we have to do LE Diet without being too restrictive. No one should skip LE Diet out of a misperception that they have to be super restrictive. I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve.
    So yes it's a facebook group! It's called Lunar Method: Fertility & Gender sway/selection info & consult. There is a roster on a spreadsheet so I'm not sure if/how that is manipulated. For some reason I don't believe it is manipulated but maybe that's because I am just down on myself for "screwing it up" or something. There is lots of chatter about a 98% success rate but I'm not sure it's stated anywhere. That might be more of a Dr. Jonas thing, the founder of this method (and then the woman who owns the page took it to the next level and sort of created her own sway technique).

    Thank you for telling me I had a good sway. Even if I didn't, it certainly made me feel better. I actually have had 3 high/peak periods throughout this cycle so who knows what is going on, but I'm just assuming I'm pregnant because I'm 6 or 7 DPO and got a peak OPK today, so I'll probably take a pregnancy test if I do miss my period in a few days. I don't even know if the correlation between a peak OPK and pregnancy is a real thing either; I have NO idea what to believe online anymore!!! Also sock puppet accounts are a great point. here's to hoping the near-perfect success rate is thanks to them and nothing that is actually proven to be true. I just don't understand how at 9:30am I have such a great chance of having a boy and then an hour later it changes. It doesn't make sense and I've clearly been sucked down a hole of believing some of this stuff!!! I'm just hoping whatever I did worked. Thank you!

  8. #47
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    105,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ok. It sounds like you're mostly over this but just for anyone else who is interested:

    I read the group rules and every confirmed gender result has to be approved NOT by the admins, but by Carmen herself, before being posted, including babies that have already been born. So she can a) handpick sways that worked to share with the group and b) tailor her "predictions" after the fact with babies that have already been born, and not even her admins can "keep her honest". Messaging other members is forbidden, meaning you cannot check with anyone who has supposedly had a success to see if they are even a real person and she also reserves the right to blame anyone who did not pay for a sway from her personally for their own failure. She states repeatedly that people who simply use the method on their own volition or with help from other members "have made mistakes in the past" which seems to me to be a handy way to blame anyone whose sways don't work on their mistakes.

    The 98% quoted is NOT her results, but from the Jonas Method, in an alleged "study" that came out in 1970. There are several webpages with people quoting this number, making it sound like it is their results rather than a "study" done decades ago which was never published. When scientists did look into it, they disproved the theory (there are links to some of these studies here: Dr. Eugen Jonas - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com) He also claimed that birth defects were caused by the moon, and since we now know of many reasons why birth defects occur, this is obviously nonsense.

    He based this method on first, a vision from the Virgin Mary, and then an "ancient Babylonian text" that read "women are fertile with the phases of the moon" - which is actually somewhat true, as women are more fertile during the full moon than during the new moon, but that doesn't mean that astrology is therefore true!! But then he went and made up all this complicated math regarding the angle of the sun and moon when the woman was born. Now WHY would this be true? Why would the gender of your baby matter at ALL on the positions of the moon and the sun in the sky when you were born? Something as important as gender ratio of offspring to be determined by something so utterly arbitrary? What you say makes perfect sense - why would you be 98% likely to have a boy at 9:30 and by 10:30 you'll have a girl??? Why would that be true? How could such a thing have evolved? Why would God be so capricious to do that (let alone the birth defect thing!) It makes NO SENSE.

    Additionally, we have gobs of studies in humans and animals that show things like diet, exercise, even weird unexpected things like whether or not your husband is a deep sea diver and if you yourself have a master's degree, that seem to alter the gender ratio outright or be associated with more girls or boys conceived. Could all those people just magically have managed to have sex in the right moon phase? Additionally, we have IVF clinics getting both boys and girls from one woman's eggs they fertilize all at once. And pH, the thing that Jonas has claimed is the reason why this method allegedly works, has been debunked and you can read about that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html

    And most important, you will note the study Jonas claims to have done was over 50 years ago, which is plenty of time for his method, if it truly worked with 98% effectiveness, to be proven by scientists and used by people all around the world. Gender balancing is a HUGE deal for so many of us, someone would be capitalizing on this hugely. So again, it's not only this one woman who could have been making huge bank and gotten their name in every history book based on this info if it worked, who we can write off, it's several people who have peddled this stuff along the way. Why would SOMEone, over the course of 50 years, have not gone public with it? It just doesn't add up.

    Another thing that occurs to me is that why would she NEED to improve on a method with 98% success rates? If the study she's quoting is proving such a fantastic, amazing rate of success, what precisely about it would she even need to fix by her "insights?"

    And finally, I also need to point out that the people who claim that this method was "nominated for a Nobel prize" are also lying. Dr. Jonas was nominated for a Nobel prize but MANY people are nominated for a Nobel Prize, including Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, Fidel Castro, and Hugo Chavez.

    At some point, the burden of proof is simply not met at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  9. #48
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    105,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Oh gosh, I got so carried away with the lunar stuff, just caught that you're basing this on an assumption because you had a peak OPK 7 DPO. While you can absolutely be pregnant, MANY people get a peak OPK that day because of the secondary estrogen surge. That's a surge of estrogen your body releases at that point to sustain the lining long enough for a potential pregnancy to implant. (if you are temping, this coincides with a temp dip that SOME people inaccurately call "implantation dip". But it can happen even when not pregnant).

    In one study, they found that people with a very noticeable secondary estrogen surge were somewhat more likely to conceive than people who did not have one at all, but it's likely that is simply that pregnancy is more likely to be successfully achieved when you are more "hormone-y" and NOT that the temp dip/positive OPK is indicating a pregnancy occurred. There are WAYYYY too many people who have that in cycles they are not pregnant and indeed, haven't even had sex, for that to be the case. Hope this helps.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  10. #49
    Dream Newbie

    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Ahhh. Yeah the "hormone-y" type peak OPK was definitely last week about 2-3 days after we BD. This one is totally weird and today it is low again. I know some people surge before their period, and I should get mine Friday or Saturday. Thank you for your knowledge!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oh gosh, I got so carried away with the lunar stuff, just caught that you're basing this on an assumption because you had a peak OPK 7 DPO. While you can absolutely be pregnant, MANY people get a peak OPK that day because of the secondary estrogen surge. That's a surge of estrogen your body releases at that point to sustain the lining long enough for a potential pregnancy to implant. (if you are temping, this coincides with a temp dip that SOME people inaccurately call "implantation dip". But it can happen even when not pregnant).

    In one study, they found that people with a very noticeable secondary estrogen surge were somewhat more likely to conceive than people who did not have one at all, but it's likely that is simply that pregnancy is more likely to be successfully achieved when you are more "hormone-y" and NOT that the temp dip/positive OPK is indicating a pregnancy occurred. There are WAYYYY too many people who have that in cycles they are not pregnant and indeed, haven't even had sex, for that to be the case. Hope this helps.

  11. #50
    Dream User

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    awesome, absolutely, as long as you are good with that decision I'm here cheering you on! Yep, absolutely continue with exercise, even more important when not doing diet.

    Going from 1000 to 800 is not as big a deal as I feared (I was worried you'd gone from 1000 to 400, which many prenatals have) but in future pregnancies I would continue the higher amount all thru the entire first trimester and then gradually wean off by spacing the doses out instead of just dropping it.
    So Iíve been thinking about the diet and you have a point that maybe I would regret not doing it. Although here is my dilemmaÖ I am 2lbs away from being considered underweight. I was definitely underweight when I started ttc the last two times I got pregnant and ended in losses. I have now gained 4lbs since I got pregnant and now am waiting for my miscarriage to clear and to get my period back to try again. I was this exact weight when I conceived my sons. So is there a way to do the diet without losing weight and just to maintain it? My plan was just to avoid snacking and keep eating the same food I used to eat before. We also eat red meat 2-3 times a week and I feel that after this miscarriage bleeding I should probably be eating the red meat to bring back up my iron levels. What is your take on all of this?


    2 DS
    Praying for DD

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: July 12th, 2017, 03:24 PM
  2. **Update pg 3** Perfect nub shot, am I a boy or girl??
    By Kidsx7 in forum Ultrasound Gender Prediction
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
  3. Atomic what is the perfect sway to you?
    By Coccinelle33 in forum Trying to Conceive a Girl
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
  4. What would THE PERFECT GIRL SWAY look like?
    By fresas in forum Trying to Conceive a Girl
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2011, 11:04 AM
  5. 2 Perfect Boys (+ 1 perfect girl) = 1 complete family dream
    By WantingPink in forum Introductions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 9th, 2011, 03:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •