Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay thank you! If I wanted to have a cheat day now would be an okay time right since if we did conceive this month the gender would have been determined already?
    And when can we resume bd’ing?

2 DS
    Praying for DD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheat days happen when they happen, but yes in the 2WW, particularly the week before your period is due to arrive, is a good time for one. But if you have a cheat day some other point, that's ok too. We take cheating now and then into account.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Dreamingofpink01 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I ended up pregnant and had a week of positive tests and was eating all the meat and snacks. And stopped exercising. Sadly it ended as a chemical pregnancy.
    So now I’m worried if we try again this month that I will have messed up the diet. I was on it 6 weeks prior to that. I will resume the diet now as I am on CD 1 again. But where do I go from here with the exercise since I stopped for over a week.
    Also it’s hard not to question why it happened but I don’t think this time I will get hubby to abstain 7 days again. Is it that much of a sway factor?

2 DS
    Praying for DD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this.

I would just pick it up now with diet and exercise and still try. It's your call to make of course but most of the time when people fall off the wagon they're really doing a lot better than they thought they were.

Chemicals happen. I'm fine with you dropping abstain as it does nothing but chemicals are just something that occur sometimes and have nothing to do with anything we did or didn't do.

6. Thanks Dreamingofpink01 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi again, I’m wondering if you’ve seen women that are on the lower end of bmi that have had issues with spotting during their cycle. The last two cycles I’ve had spotting for about 5 days after, basically until I ovulate. It seems weird that the month I was going to start trying that’s when the spotting started and I’ve never had issues before.
    I’m wondering if excessive exercise maybe is contributing to the spotting. I’m still ovulating and getting my period but I’m just under 18.5 bmi right now and I’ve been eating more than usual. I have decided to wean from breastfeeding since I’m worried about the bmi being too low and I can’t physically eat anymore than I am unless I start to snack which I don’t want to do. My baby is 18 months so I feel ready to quit even though I know it sways girl, but after my chemical I want to try and prevent having another one if I can and my doctor told me breastfeeding and the spotting could have contributed to it as my hormones aren’t level.
    Thanks!

2 DS
    Praying for DD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, if you lose too much weight, and you HAVE absolutely lost too much weight, particularly when breastfeeding and exercising, you can have spotting. You are not giving your body enough raw materials to make sex hormones with and so it's causing that spotting because your estrogen levels are lower than they're meant to be at this point.

You need to immediately be eating 60 g fat daily (not counting protein and fat in fruit and veg) and do whatever it takes to stop weight loss (eating as many cals as it takes to stop that.) I'm not saying you should regain weight per se - tho if you do gain a small amount, that is ok - but that the weight loss needs to stop and more fat needs to be eaten. Drop fiber if you were taking it.

The cutoff for stopping weight loss is BMI 21. And my "do not go below this weight ever" is 18.5. So you're below that.

Breastfeeding did not cause your chemical and it's not causing the spotting (if you don't start eating more, that spotting will likely continue with or without breastfeeding). It's fine if you're ready to stop nursing, but I don't want you to stop for reasons that aren't an accurate assesment of what's going on. Doctors love to blame everything on breastfeeding but chemicals are not caused by breastfeeding an 18 month old baby, that's nonsense. After having seen tons of people lose too much weight and have issues with their cycle, that is what the cause of your spotting is and so you need to fix the actual problem.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, if you lose too much weight, and you HAVE absolutely lost too much weight, particularly when breastfeeding and exercising, you can have spotting. You are not giving your body enough raw materials to make sex hormones with and so it's causing that spotting because your estrogen levels are lower than they're meant to be at this point.

You need to immediately be eating 60 g fat daily (not counting protein and fat in fruit and veg) and do whatever it takes to stop weight loss (eating as many cals as it takes to stop that.) I'm not saying you should regain weight per se - tho if you do gain a small amount, that is ok - but that the weight loss needs to stop and more fat needs to be eaten. Drop fiber if you were taking it.

The cutoff for stopping weight loss is BMI 21. And my "do not go below this weight ever" is 18.5. So you're below that.

Breastfeeding did not cause your chemical and it's not causing the spotting (if you don't start eating more, that spotting will likely continue with or without breastfeeding). It's fine if you're ready to stop nursing, but I don't want you to stop for reasons that aren't an accurate assesment of what's going on. Doctors love to blame everything on breastfeeding but chemicals are not caused by breastfeeding an 18 month old baby, that's nonsense. After having seen tons of people lose too much weight and have issues with their cycle, that is what the cause of your spotting is and so you need to fix the actual problem.
    Thank you for giving me clarification that Breast feeding did not cause my chemical.

So at this point I am hopefully doing my one attempt this weekend for a girl sway as long as this whole weaning process doesn’t screw up my ovulation timing. I have stopped exercising the last three days and as soon as I stopped my spotting stopped too- whether it was coincidence or not I don’t know.
    My best bet is to stop the exercise portion of my sway then and just continue on doing the diet.?

I am eating three meals a day and one snack at bedtime am reaching my daily limits for the most part and now that i am weaning because my bmi is still under weight should I Carry on the diet with the breast feeding limits of 1800-2000 Cals a day?

2 DS
    Praying for DD

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would wait till ovulation occurs, then pick up exercise at a more moderate amount and eat more. The exercise has been very effective, and if you eat enough, you can still exercise (even tho you may need less exercise than others). The problem is that this stuff is cumulative so if you don't eat enough and you're exercising a ton and you lose gobs of weight, you will see these problems arise. The solution is not to then turn around and stop doing this thing or that thing, but to ease back on EVERYthing - stop losing weight, exercise less but keep exercising, eat more, and you'll see the problem fix itself without dropping anything.

Yes, please eat however much you need to keep weight on. even if you need to surpass the 2000 calories, just eat enough to stop that weight loss.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay thank you so much for your guidance. The weight loss hasn’t been a huge amount- normally I’m about 118lbs and since doing the diet I’m at 114lbs. My exercise that I’ve been doing for the sway has only been walking anyway so it’s not super hard core. I didn’t want to be on the diet that long because I was on the lower end of the bmi scale so I only did it for 6 weeks before our attempt but that’s when the spotting started so now that you explained everything about problems arising it makes sense.

2 DS
    Praying for DD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thinner you are, though, the more every pound "counts". It's a higher % of your body weight. So while someone else who weighed more could lose that 4 lbs and it would have no effect, because you're already thin it really packs a punch.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast