Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is this ok ttc girl

Hi guys!
    I've read a lot on this site already about the LE diet.
    I'm dutch and I might not understand everything correctly (sorry in advance for my terrible english ). Maybe someone can give me some advice if I'm on the right track
    So I'm skipping breakfast and eat 3 meals a day (lunch, dinner and evening snack), less meat and less patatoes. I still breastfead my one year old at night so 2 meals are to hard for me. I eat the same things that I did before, only a little more per meal so I can make it through the day, on a normal day its about 1200 calories and protein and fat are ok.
    I understand calcium and magnesium are no addition?
    I've also read that it's ok to drink coffee in the morning? I drink a homemade latte macchiato, with no sugar. Is it also ok if you drink 2 coffees? And in the afternoon and evening, can you also drink coffee then, between meals? I already skipped my tea and only drink water during the day.
    Thanks for reading!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry, no, that is not ok.

Since you are breastfeeding you need to be eating more like 1800-2000 calories. 1200 calories is not ok.

Fine to have three meals! Both two and three meals are equally ok.

Most people are skipping calcium and magnesium now. If you do want to use it, be sure to get the kind that has no added Vitamin D.

Coffee in the morning is fine with no sugar. Also between meals. It's the sugar and carbs that you need to have with meals only.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm sorry, no, that is not ok.

Since you are breastfeeding you need to be eating more like 1800-2000 calories. 1200 calories is not ok.

Fine to have three meals! Both two and three meals are equally ok.

Most people are skipping calcium and magnesium now. If you do want to use it, be sure to get the kind that has no added Vitamin D.

Coffee in the morning is fine with no sugar. Also between meals. It's the sugar and carbs that you need to have with meals only.
    Hi Atomic!
    Thanks for your reply! I find it very hard to eat more calories and not much more protien and fat, I think I have never ate that many calories in the past years, I now eat more than I did and I'm really full after a meal. I'm sometimes hungry in between, before I would 'snack' then but now I'm not ofcource.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much protein and fat are you eating?

Even if you have to exceed that level of protein and fat, eat more. Even if you have to add in a fourth meal, eat more.

You are not going to be able to get and stay pregnant on a starvation diet. Even if you weren't breastfeeding, I don't like people to be eating less than 1500 calories in most cases.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There both between 50 and 60 grams most days. Is it also a problem if this is my normal intake? It's not necessarily because of the diet that I don't eat that much, I'm not really a big eater, but I do am a snacker normally

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    50-60 g protein is great. Be sure that you are not counting the protein and fat in fruits and vegetables though. We consider fruit and veg free for protein and fat, and low carb veg like salad, asparagus, bell pepper, etc are free and unlimited, no need to count anything in them.

Many people go onto the LE Diet and THINK "well I always eat only 1000 cals a day" or whatever, but 99 times out of 100 they're wrong and were very much underestimating their normal diet. Weight flies off, their milk dries up if breastfeeding, they stop ovulating, and that is disastrous for a pink sway because you end up having to eat a lot more (basically swaying blue) just to get your cycle going again.

I literally do not know a single soul, over 10 years of doing this, that can breastfeed on 1200 calories so I personally believe you were eating more. We need to find out a way to get more food into you or this is not going to help your sway. You won't be able to get and stay pregnant, and continue nursing, if you aren't eating enough.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, I really appreciate your help. I also feel insecure and a little sad haha.
    I already have 4 kids (boy, girl, boy, boy) and always lost weight quickly during the breastfeeding period because I'm just not that hungry during that time. The only difference with now is I ate something in between that counted in calories, of course.
    So now I have to find something that has a lot of calories and little protein and fat?

I did understood correctly that fasting and the 2/3 meals are important, right?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, fasting and eating fewer meals is important, but NOT at the expense of your health, your ability to nurse your baby, and the ability of your body to get and stay pregnant. We OFTEN exceed protein, fat, and calorie limits and even add in a fourth and fifth meal for those who need it. Three, four, even five meals a day within LE Diet limits is still vastly different than what most of us with boys eat - lots of grazing, munching all day long so your blood sugar is always up. You need to eat more because 1200 cals while nursing is simply not enough. If that requires us to exceed protein and fat limits slightly, or to add in a third or fourth meal, so be it. you will still be eating more pink-friendly than you were before.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your help, at least the main points are clear to me! now I only have to find my own way in this haha, without snacking

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, sorry to bother you again. I think I'm doing pretty well with the diet, I'm eating about 1500 calories now I'm just a bit worried if the coffee I drink is really ok I make a latte macchiato with the coffee machine and I once measured how much milk goes in it, that's about 125ml (60 calories, 4.4 protein, 1.9 fat and 6.1 carbs), isn't that too much in between, does that count as snacking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast