Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC Girl Month 8... this time with Femara

Hi,
    I am also a long time reader, first time poster as I could not remember my username or password
    I have three sons who were all conceived the very first month trying. 2 were vacation babies (so lots of bd) and one was from one attempt all month!
    My youngest is now 6 and although I never wanted more than 3 kids I haven’t been able to let go of my dream for a daughter. I had a surprise pregnancy last summer followed by an early miscarriage. After that we decided that we needed to make sure #4 was a girl and so we tried IVF with PGD last September. Unfortunately during all of the pre-testing we discovered that I have very low AMH for my age (38) and IVF would probably not work. I was determined so we tried anyway and $8,000 later I had a cancelled cycle

So I started swaying. My doctor put me on Femera to improve my odds but no luck after 6 months. I was doing everything recommended, checking my ph (consistently 4.5- DH was 7 from the sperm analysis we had done), using OPK test strips for timing, watching my diet, I was doing intermittent fasting, lots of walks, I used rephresh for 2 months. The 7th month I was feeling extremely discouraged as it was my first unmedicated cycle. I tried the E4D plus one attempt method and it worked! I am currently 10 weeks pregnant and waiting on my NIPT test and I am an absolute wreck. The month I conceived we dtd the first day after AF cd7, cd10(DH had a hot tub before and I elevated my hips afterwards and went to sleep), cd 11 I got my peak on Clear blue at midnight and we dtd at 7am the next morning (cd12) as DH was sleeping. Looks like I ovulated cd13. I didn’t have another attempt all month after that even though I should have with the e4d. I just wanted to try only bding before O first.

Sorry that was so long winded!! In the end I feel I did everything I could have. It was so hard adding the stress of swaying to not being able to conceive. Wishing you the best of luck! I will update with my test results.

One more thing- I was also very dry with the Femera. The month I conceived without it I think I had lot of CM during my attemps. I am stressed over that but I do think it is what helped me get pregnant. Oh and no O for me!
    Last edited by Girlplze; June 30th, 2021 at 10:50 PM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for sharing your story and CONGRATULATIONS!! What a miracle baby, I am so happy for you! And thank you so much for sharing your tips!

3. Likes Girlplze liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just found out it’s a boy so maybe don’t follow my advice I can’t believe my luck… I waited 6 years to build up the courage to try again once and for all and this is the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow, I am so sorry. I know in the thick of it, that gender disappointment is confusing and upsetting. For me, further into my pregnancy and once my belly popped, I did get a lot more excited and accepting of the little boy growing inside of me. Something I tell myself if I end up with an all-gender family is that it really is the most FUN household. Growing up, I had two friends with all girls and they were my favorite houses to go to. I also am the least close with my opposite gender sibling as is my husband. I hate to say it, but the bond between same genders is typically closer. SO if that's what I end up with, there are definitely pros and it really is more fun for your children.

Thank you for taking the time to share your update. Thinking of you

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic- was this just bad luck or do you think my very plentiful CM was part of the problem? I always have a lot for thr full week :/

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlplze View Post
    I just found out it’s a boy so maybe don’t follow my advice I can’t believe my luck… I waited 6 years to build up the courage to try again once and for all and this is the outcome

I'm sorry, you and I were apparently posting at the same time, I deleted my post.

I'm sorry your sway did not go as you hoped and wishing you every joy with your new son.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic- was this just bad luck or do you think my very plentiful CM was part of the problem? I always have a lot for thr full week :/

I can't tell anyone why their sway produced an opposite. We have seen scads of CM opposites (I myself got a boy with no visible CM and didn't even know I ovulated, and my daughter I did have CM) and I no longer think that tells us anything. There are just too many opposites with that to indicate anything about a sway.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK…thanks for replying. It’s just one of those things I do feel like I really tried my best and I can’t think of much I would’ve done differently in retrospect (it’s hard to sway when you have trouble conceiving!)

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stellabella thanks so much for your kind wordsYou are right. I grew up with 3 brothers and was desperate for a sister my whole childhood. Probably because I was the oldest. I was 10 when my baby brother was born and my GD started then I prayed and prayed for a girl and sobbed for days when my mom told me it was a boy. And here I am 28 years later! But as I reached the teenage years my friends became my sisters and I have a wonderful relationship with all of my brothers so ALL good on that front.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OK…thanks for replying. It’s just one of those things I do feel like I really tried my best and I can’t think of much I would’ve done differently in retrospect (it’s hard to sway when you have trouble conceiving!)

Without a more full accounting of what happened I can't say for sure (not that I can EVER say for sure, of course) but in many cases where people have trouble conceiving, they may start out (and continue on for a long time) doing overly strict sway tactics, many of which don't work and cut odds of conception by a lot, then they end up having to drop a lot to conceive. While this may not have been true for you, I would have made every effort to see you conceive while still on the medication by getting rid of things that didn't work and focusing only on what did.

Also whenever anyone has an opposite, moving forward I put them on the alternate PCOS-form of LE Diet as a precaution even if they don't have PCOS. We've had good luck coming back from sway opposites just by making that one change. Again, congrats on your new son! There's something so special about the sway opposite little guys - I know it's hard to see now when it's just a theoretical kid but truly they have a unique place in our hearts and in our families.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast