Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Headaches after months of LE diet

Hi atomic,

I have reading here for months but now I really have a question that I haven't found any information about.

I have been following the LE diet for months now, with cheat meals and days in between though. Also I didn't always manage to stick to the recommendations regarding fat and protein. I skipped breakfast most days.

I managed to reduce my body weight by 6% and my overall body fat by 10% since February (have only been doing LE since May though). My BMI is 24,3 so still far away from being underweight.

At the beginning I had no problems to stick to the diet and intermittent fasting but in the last week or so I have had bad headaches all day and as I am generally healthy it is the only reason I can find me. Also I don't have high stress levels or any issues at the moment which could explain that.

Is that a common problem? I will have my first attempt to ttc at the beginning of August as I am waiting for my second vaccine shot before I start.

Although we have a two week holiday coming up before that, where I planned to just stick to vegetarian food as much as possible.

What do you think? Is it likely that the diet is causing my headaches and if so how can I increase my intake without undoing my sway ?

Thanks for the great advice you always give!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G981B mit Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it's not a common problem at all and I can't even think of anyone else who's reported this. Some people do have headaches at first but they need to eat more, in most cases.

My guess is that maybe you've lost enough weight so you have low blood sugar now and the low blood sugar may be causing headaches. When we lose weight our insulin response improves so much it can actually change our blood sugar overall and in that case we may need to eat a bit differently.

How much are you eating exactly in terms of calories, protein, and fat? How many meals a day?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, thanks for your answer. I tracked with the yazio app. On average in the last months I have had between 1600 and 1700kcal but on cheat days I didn't always write it down, but it werent that many. About protein and fat the app can only tell me for the last 30days 62g protein, 64g fat and 178g carbs on average. I was also quite active doing cardio around 4 times per week. Oh and I usually skip breakfast during the week and then have 2 meals (lunch,Dinner) and a snack e.g. before going to the gym.
    If you say it is not common, maybe the headache has a different reason.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G981B mit Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the app counting the protein and fat in fruits and veg, and the calories in low carb veg?

Well, headaches from low blood sugar are quite common but it's not something that is reported to me very often after a person has been on LE Diet for a long time. Some people have headaches at the start, not after this long usually, so I'm assuming it may just be we need to have you eat a bit more often.

Let's have you have breakfast for a few days and see if it helps. Same nutrient intake, just spread over 3 meals instead of two.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ