Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC girl with hypothyroid

My sister just recently found out she is having a girl and we were thinking of also TTC a girl.

I’m thinking of TTC soon and wanted to prepare.. I already have one daughter, but she was an “oops” baby and I was taking the pill at the time. I was on an antibiotic that interfered with its effectiveness. She is almost 8 now so as far as my diet at the time I don’t remember super in detail but I want to say it wasn’t the healthiest probably a lot of take out and definitely a lot of salt (I always add tons to my foods). I have always been a huge candy eater so definitely ate a ton of candy. I was in nursing school so I was also stressed out. I never was a soda drinker but was huge on diet iced teas. I also never drank milk or ate ice cream due to lactose issues but always are cheese. I was drinking alcohol at that time but nothing in excess maybe once a week if that. So yeah that’s my back story on how she was conceived but this time around I am trying to sway as she would love a little sister.

I was diagnosed with hashimoto thyroid about 7yrs ago shortly after my daughter was born and take levothyroxine daily. My levels have been stable for years now usually around .8-1.5 .
    I have been dieting to lose weight so naturally I have cut back a-lot. I never eat breakfast and usually don’t eat until later in the afternoon/night so typically one larger meal and a small snack. I also cut out caffeine and mainly drink only water and diet decaf iced tea (maybe a cup a day). Never drink alcohol or coffee and never smoke.
    I cut out red meat which I never really ate more then maybe once or twice a month.
    I mainly eat chicken and salads daily, sometimes a turkey sandwich with American cheese and mustard for lunch maybe twice a week, jasmine rice, vegetables usually broccoli/carrots/corn/green beans/zucchini/or squash, turkey hotdogs occasionally, I eat around one cup of red grapes and one cup of blueberries a day. I don’t really eat any candy anymore since May, mainly just mints. I still occasionally will cheat and have French fries or an appetizer especially if I know I’m super low on calories for a day. Does this all sound ok for a girl sway? Also I did lose 16lbs since may but what if I don’t start trying for a few months and don’t lose anymore weight does that affect the sway?

I have checked my blood sugars for other reasons and it appears my blood sugars are in the 90s when fasting after 12hrs. Does this ruin my girl sway?

My SO isn’t into swaying he is content with whatever we conceive so he isn’t going to be dieting with me or doing supplements, does that matter? He is a red meat eater, drinks at least 3 cups of coffee a day, tons of CL lemonade and does drink beer lightly throughout the week. He is not a smoker. I did ph test him awhile ago and it was around an 8 or 9. He probably will let me check again if I want haha.

My ph is usually between 4-4.5 around ovulation. I have not checked post intercourse yet. I do have rephresh, however, I’m not sure exactly when to use it. My cycle is regular and I have been tracking my ovulation for sometime and will normally ovulate cd14-15.

So basically does my diet/lifestyle look good for swaying girl?

does my hashimotos affect my sway?

Does my SO not following a diet or supplements affect the sway and how can I properly use rephresh?

Does me not drinking alcohol or coffee at all affect my sway? Has anyone gotten a girl never drinking alcohol or coffee?

I feel like I know o got my girl now because of me being on bcp at the time and the light alcohol use but I’m no longer doing either now and feel like I may not get another girl.

Thank you all in advance for your advice 😊

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Though it looks to me like your diet is already pretty close to what I like to see with Hashimoto's, I would suggest our alternate sway diet here (scroll down a few posts from the top): https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...+circumstances This type of diet will be better for you (even tho we call it "PCOS-type" there are many people who follow it and I use it for my clients with Hashimotos)

Timing weight loss really hasn't worked and so I'd just keep doing what you've been doing. If more weight comes off, great, if not, that's fine. DO NOT gain weight back again to relose!!

I don't recommend testing your blood sugar levels. We don't know that the numbers even MEAN anything. When we refer to "low blood sugar" we're talking about a complicated process where we eat in certain patterns and NOT a number you measure on a monitor. Just follow the LE Diet guidelines and you'll be fine, no need to test your blood sugar at all. It only makes you more "control freaky" which is bad for your pink sway.

Most of our husbands would do nothing to sway. The good news is that it doesn't seem to matter, we get good results without the husband's assistance.

pH stuff hasn't worked for us; the numbers do not seem to predict whose sways work and whose don't. RepHresh has neutral results with the same number of people getting girls with and without it and fewer and fewer people are using it now. it's your choice if you want to start off using it, but it should be among the first things you drop as it's really not made a difference and cuts odds of conception considerably.

Do be aware it's quite common to see changes in the cycle when swaying so don't be too shocked if that happens.

Yes, absolutely people get girls without drinking alcohol and coffee! Most of the women ever born were conceived by people not drinking alcohol and coffee. Just focus on the stuff you feel comfortable with.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic for your help.
    When I got pregnant with my daughter it was an “oops” on the pill so no intentional sway was done but after seeing the pill sways I feel like that may be why I conceived her. I was on the pill at that time for over 10yrs. My diet with her was definitely different from the LE diet and included tons of salt and candy, diet iced tea, barely ever water, lots of potatoes and probably some red meat.

With no way of truly knowing how we conceived her, I shouldn’t eat the same way now because of my hashimotos correct? Plus I don’t want to gain weight as I’m trying to lose more but do you think my diet back then probably didn’t contribute to conceiving a girl and more likely was from the bcp?

It’s ok to eat chicken daily as long as I stay in the limits? And blueberries are ok even though they are high in potassium, I eat around a cup or so of them daily too. Is there any foods/drinks I should try to include to help boost my sway?

My SO is 36 and considered overweight whereas we were clearly younger and not overweight when we conceived our daughter almost 8yrs ago. He doesn’t exercise because he is constantly working and stressed. Also he drinks a ton of coffee and CL lemonade, does this help or affect my girl sway at all?

I have seen you recommend one attempt at first positive opk is that what you would recommend for me as well. And should he abstain from his solo activities as well as intercourse prior to our one attempt?
    I seem to get a lot of discharge around time of ovulation a few days prior and after. I also get ovulation pains too all of which I never had when conceiving my daughter. Not sure if any of that matters but wanted to give you as much information as I can.

Fun fact: I have uterine didelphys which was discovered prior to conceiving my daughter.

Thank you again atomic for all your help. I just want to go into this sway prepared and not overthinking things I’m doing or not doing ��

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, being on the Pill a long time can help sway pink, but salt, candy, potatoes, diet iced tea, and even some red meat could all be a part of the standard LE Diet. The mineral balancing stuff does not work, I only keep it in the mix to placate the people who believe in it. I got my daughter eating tons of potatoes and not limiting salt after getting my 4th boy limiting the minerals. It's the overall nutrient content of your diet and not the "magic foods" that sway, so you can eat small amounts of "boy foods" and still get a girl.

Now, you have Hashimoto's so it's best to do the alternate LE Diet now because you may be less able to tolerate simple carbs like sugar and white flour. That doesn't mean your diet in the past wasn't still swaying pink to some extent. But it does mean that what worked in the past likely won't work this time thru and you need that alternate diet.

All foods are ok within the limits. Blueberries, chicken, both fine. There are no magic foods, it's limits, limits, limits. The reason we have you avoid some things on the alternate LE Diet is to try to avoid things that will send your blood sugar sky high, since with Hashimotos you may be somewhat insulin resistant now.

Chubby hubbies do seem to father more girls. We assume coffee and diet drinks for husbands sway pink as well though we don't have the data compiled on that.

Yes I recommend most people to start off with one attempt at positive OPK. Abstain won't work for your SO because he's over 35. I would do the daily release 7-10 days instead if that is possible.

A lot of people notice more O Pains as they get older. The CM quantity and pattern will likely change as you're on the diet.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you again atomic. I kind of figured my old eating ways would sway more blue since most of what I ate was not in moderation haha. So do you think I should cut back my normal salt intake or does it not matter much?

A few more questions if you don’t mind, you’ve been so helpful…

Can I drink crystal light on the alternate LE diet? And how much is helpful in swaying?
    Would diet iced tea help sway at all or is tea less pink friendly?
    If I decide to choke down coffee how much would I need a day and do we have any idea how fast that could help sway? (I’m not huge on coffee haha)
    Is it better to eat whole grain and wheat products rather then say white rice?
    Also I am on Prevacid does that sway at all?
    And when you say have my SO do daily release 7-10 does that mean have him release daily for 7-10days from the start of my af and how many days before our attempt should be stop releasing.

Thank you so much for being so helpful

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, if it's not in moderation, sure, but that has to do with calories, protein, and fat, and NOT the types of foods you're eating.

Yes, you can drink Crystal Light, but I prefer you guys keep to the safe and sane intake of 2-3 servings (12-16 OZ). I personally don't believe the Crystal Light does anything and I have seen enough people who are doing the insane amounts of the stuff having boys I even wonder if excessive use could even sway BLUE. I have a thread where I speculate about that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...partame+thread

Whatever amount of coffee that is more than you were drinking (even if just one cup a day) should help. I can't tell you how fast it works, we just have no data on that.

Yes, whole grain is better for you on the alternate diet. But white rice isn't the absolute worst if you really can't stand brown rice. White flour like breads, cakes, cookies are worse than occasionally having white rice, if you really can't switch over to brown.

We don't know for sure about Prevacid, I think it likely sways pink though as it reduces the amount of nutrients your body can absorb from food.

You're trying to get 7-10 days of back to back release leading into your ATTEMPT. So he wouldn't stop days before your attempt, he'd just keep releasing daily till your attempt.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was doing crystal light around 16oz a day for a few days but it’s upsetting my stomach so I think I will have to leave it out of my sway.

As for the coffee I will try to incorporate a cup a day if I can but I won’t stress about it if I can’t… I was never a fan of coffee. And I would use whole milk and Splenda for the alternate diet? Or can I try a flavored coffee or flavored creamers?

That’s good to hear about the white rice and I will incorporate whole grain into my diet. Can I eat white flour tortilla like the 100 calorie wraps or would it be better to eat say a wheat wrap instead?

And the frequent release for my SO sways pink because it lowers his sperm count? Again just curious about that

Thank you so much again for your help.
    Last edited by hellokittyrn4; July 23rd, 2021 at 08:51 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got my girl without the stuff after getting my 4th boy while having so much of it it left a gross taste in my mouth all day! o.O

coffee if you can, fine if you can't.

If the flavored creamers have sugar it's best to skip them, but if they're artificially sweetened and low carb they're fine. But Splenda and whole milk is also ok. Whichever you prefer. Flavored coffee is fine (as long as it doesn't have sugar added)

It's best to stick to whole grains for wraps/breads if possible but if you just can't stand it, one a day would likely not completely screw things up.

Ostensibly. But the truth is that none of the frequency patterns have really mattered. The number of attempts DID matter. Most people do want to start off trying them, though.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    does it matter if it is a light or dark roast coffee? And I will look for sugar free flavored creamer.

My sister is currently pregnant with a girl and she drinks a lot of iced coffees, drank beer and is vegetarian. Seems she swayed and didn’t realize it haha

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whichever you prefer, the roast doesn't seem to matter.

Yes that's what we hear a lot - people after the fact seeming to sway without realizing it. But you can't always tell by someone's diet as a lot goes into it (including the AMOUNTS people eat of various things - that makes a big difference to the amount of nutrients you're eating too!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast