Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And another question...is 6 egg whites a day too much? I prefer eating egg whites as my main protein source because I want to save the calories for my fruit and fat for my greek yoghurt & whipping cream. Will I ever get OD on eggwhites
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eating too many egg whites can deplete the body of biotin. I would doubt that would happen in the brief amount of time you're on LE, but since you're not taking vitamins, let's go ahead and keep the 6 egg white days to 3x a week and use some other lowcal high protein thing like small amounts of chicken breast and fish the other days.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah that's not declining condition, that's blood sugar crashes! Anyone gets that from eating a lot of carbs and not much else. When you were on the treadmill, the diet + exercise burned off all the carbs in your blood and caused a HUGE blood sugar crash - very common if you run out of carbs while exercising. Some people do somewhat adjust over time on the standard diet but it's really very unpleasant in the meantime.

13 vs 14 days for LP is still totally in normal range. It's likely that you have always been having teeny fluctuations like that in LP and just hadn't noticed before.

Some people say higher temps = more girls. I am not at all sold on that but I'll share the theory at any rate!

TOTALLY re: timing. Keep in mind a lot of people who will swear on Dr. Shettles' ghost they had a certain cutoff, ALSO had irregular cycles. When I ask them, "well, how do you know you had a cutoff, since your cycle was irregular?" they will say "because I had a girl/boy, that proves it!" Long story short, most people have no idea whether or not timing worked for them and they just say it did because they got the gender they thought they "should."

Since your hubby is over 35 I would have him do daily release (aka frequent release) 1x a day for 7-10 days before one attempt. This is not a stellar sway tactic, so if it doesn't work out and he ends up doing more like regular release every 2-4 days, or even just "do what he does" it's no biggie.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So if I understand correctly, I have those symptoms not because my body cannot process the excessive amount but because I wasn't eating enough protein and the simple carbs were digested too quickly thus causing the sugar crash? And alt diet helps because less carbs and the carbs are mainly in the form of whole grain or veg and the fiber helps to slow down the burning process? But I thought the low sugar is what we are aiming for with the LE diet? Something that also confuses me is that I get hungry easier on the standard diet and not so much on the alt diet. I don't know if it is because I am now eating complex carbs or higher fat/protein, or both. I rarely feel hungry, then is my blood sugar as low as it should be? During my fasting hours I drink black coffee with 100ml unsweetened almond milk which is about 12cal so I don't think that breaks my fast.

Today I reduced my eggs to 3 and added some 50g of chicken. I think I'll spread the eggs to 2-3 a day + 2 days of chicken and 5 days of white fish. It makes me abit nervous not to cut out meat completely but who knows how long will I be on the diet. And I guess you will say there are millions of girl moms out there eating meat every day, it's all about limit limit limit Or do you think tofu would be a better substitute? I remember you saying somewhere to limit soy intake but I am not too sure.

I think DH's libido has dropped quite abit after he stopped exercising, eating lots of junk food and gaining weight over the past year. Not sure there is a correlation here but hopefully it's doing me a favor. Daily release will probably be too stressful for us. If it doesn't really sway we will take the laid back approach. We need to ensure regular release at least every 4 days to keep the sperm healthy right? That is to up the odds of conception? And when you said 1 attempt, it means insemination and if we were to use pull out it is considered as a "release" and not an attempt right? My 2 sons were both conceived with 2 attempts in 2 consecutive days around O (one with another attempt 2 days before and the other one abstained the entire cycle before the attempts), so I'll def stick to 1 attempt for as long as I could!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's the same symptoms anyone would have if they had a blood sugar crash. If anything it likely means your body handles carbs just fine. People who have poor insulin response often don't have as severe blood sugar crashes because their blood sugar stays higher longer after they eat.

The alternate diet helps a lot because slightly fewer carbs and more important, BETTER carbs, slow down the process some. Your blood sugar doesn't shoot up as high, or drop so low, but on AVERAGE it's just as beneficial (indeed, according to our results, MORE beneficial). Your body doesn't like low blood sugar and will quickly take steps to raise it. So it isn't low blood sugar ~exactly~ we're aiming at, though we do call it that, it's more as a shorthand to describe a really complicated process of regulating blood sugar. And the alternate diet seems to be more beneficial for that whole process than the "crash and burn", not to mention easier to stick to and better for fertility.

Being too hungry can actually set sways up to fail because you're going to cheat, it's a matter of WHEN, and then additionally it takes so much self-control and constant effort to stick to the diet when you're starvated it often becomes a form of control freakishness, just in forcing yourself to stick to the crash and burn type of LE. Don't overthink it, doing what works for most people most of the time is a really good approach for everyone, even if we can't look at a body of science to say the reasons WHY>

coffee with a little almond milk doesn't count as a meal.

Meat within limits is fine! People have such a fear of meat due to the magic foods concept but it's really limits that matter. You're absolutely right about everyone eating meat and not even thinking about it but if you check their portion size, it is there you'll likely see the difference between boy moms and girl moms.

I suggest fish only 2 servings per week due to the risks of mercury, even in low mercury fish. Tofu is fine 2x a week for most people - a few people with severe hypothyroid can't handle any soy but check with your doc if that is the case.

We have seen gobs of girls conceived to chubby hubbies - including my girl, who came when my husband was at his heaviest by far. Yes regular release ensures a decent amount of healthy sperm, which in turn means you're more likely to get pregnant with the one attempt. Pull out is considered a release and not an attempt, but do be sure hubby is able to pull out quick enough - we've had a couple pull out oopsies, though it is a good method of BC if you can rely on him to follow through.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic for explaining so thoroughly, I have learnt so much more from you just in the past days. I have always been the overthinking/A-type personality/control & planning freak type of person always trying to achieve "perfection" in everything (now no doubt I have only boys!) but there is no perfect sway. Understanding the big picture and the reasonings behind really helps me to at least know that I am on the right track and am doing everything within my ability. I was quite anxious at the idea of TTC again before I come here but thanks to you now I am quite relaxed and excited to start. If I am still getting a boy after doing so much, I guess he is meant to be!

I will keep fish to max 2x a week and have chicken breast for the other days and occasionally tofu. I am eating protein for the sake of hitting the goal so I don't mind what I eat as long as they are pink friendly

Hubby is fully embracing his new healthy life style. Cardio 45min a day and eating so much cleaner. On a good note, he is eating less meat (mostly chicken and fish, steak only 1x a week) and more veggies and fruits. Fingers crossed that he can lose a decent amount of weight in the next 5 weeks before our 1st attempt!

We have been using pullout + my OPK & charting as BC in the past years because we were ok with an oopsie and up until now it has been pretty effective for us. We will try to stick to regular release as it is much simpler to follow without too much stress. If my O is delayed on Clomid until who knows when I don't know if he can carry through frequent release till the end.

A quick question about alcohol - I have been taking 1-2 shots of whiskey/rum with meal daily throughout the cycle. If we are starting to ttc, should I stop alcohol after O or after BFP? Can I still drink alcohol while taking Clomid?

Also just out of curiosity, I know the chances of getting twins on Clomid is quite slim and to be honest I don't mind as long as I get one girl. What are the chances of getting twin boys with LE diet on Clomid? Have you come across any in the past years? I'd love the double blessing but 4 boys under 4 my my my

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, look at it this way, we are ALL like that and yet our good results are all in people with that tendency!

and I'm fine with regular release. I would honestly have everyone switch over to that if I had my way.

You can drink after Clomid, but most people stop after ovulation. It is ~probable~ that it's safe to drink up through a positive pregnancy test but it's best to err on the side of stopping before you could possibly be pregnant, so at ovulation.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oops, I missed a question!

Yes, we have had for sure two sets of b-b twins on Clomid and then a couple other B-B twins on the site that were had in various circumstances. One of the gals who got BB twins on Clomid could not sway very hard for some medical reason I can't remember now (she had had some serious health issue a year or so before and we had to be super cautious with her sway diet and she had to take a lot of supplements to prevent nutrient depletion) and then one of the gals who got BB twins without Clomid wasn't swaying and had had an oopsie pregnancy. So it's not that likely, but it absolutely CAN happen to people and of course it's massively upsetting for people when it does.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's true, at least with this tendency we are pretty self-disciplined (most of the time) when it comes to sticking to the sway plan!

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday and the all results came back normal Lining looks normal, ovaries healthy and no cyst. So I think I can go ahead with Clomid once my next cycle starts

Now I have another issue now with my weight. I am now 3 weeks on alt diet and right after I switched to alt diet my weight held steady for a good two weeks but after I had my period (the 2nd week on alt diet) my weight started dropping slowly and I lost a pound last week, the 3rd week on alt diet. My BMI went from 18.7 to 18.5 now and I know I cannot loose anymore weight If I want to up my calories, should I up prot/fat as well or do I just add more carbs and keep the prot/fat at 55-60g range? Should I try to gain more weight or keep it where it is as long as I am still ovulating? I am now at my mid cycle and 2nd day of high on digital OPK. Hopefully O is around the corner...

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent news, next cycle it is!

We need to have you eat more calories for sure and so if you need to up protein and fat slightly to do it, that's a-ok. I have people up protein/fat in 5 g increments usually, so go first to 65 g and see if you are getting enough cals at that point to stop weight loss.

I would not try to gain weight deliberately, but if a lb. or two sneaks back on, so be it. We have not found small amounts of weight gain, particularly when on the LE Diet to be predictive of anyone's sway not working.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast