Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We went to the doc last weekend and she seemed quite optimistic about further improvement. DH was subscribed with another 2 months of supplements and will retest if we have not conceived. So I guess theres hope!

I do think cutting out dairy delayed my ovulation this month. I always ovulate on CD14/15 in the past year and was delayed to CD18 this month. I am glad that it wasn't messed up too bad. I do still spread butter on toast when I cut out my dairy but I think the amount is nothing compared to the amount of fresh milk and cheese that I consumed before. I think I will add a small portion of milk back and see.

I have a question about BD pattern, so in the past two months, DH cannot finish when we were doing the e4d+1 on the consecutive attempt. so if it is BD, REST, BD, BD, he couldn't finish on the last BD and we ended up with every other day. Does every other day got a better chance to conceive than e4d?
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great! Make it full fat dairy instead of skim or part skim!

Every other day is NOT better for conception than e4d. The reason is that every other day STILL ends up as one attempt in the fertile window in most cases. Here's why:

Every other day means you are having attempts either O-5 (way too soon) O-3 (too soon, esp. for people who are having trouble conceiving in the first place) O-1 (counts as ONE well timed attempt) and O+1 (too late, egg is dead). This is one functional attempt in the fertile window. OR, you're having attempts O-6 and O-4 (way too soon) O-2 (one well timed attempt) and O Day (often too late, esp. for people having trouble conceiving in the first place). Both of these options are really not any better than one attempt, plus many men are still somewhat depleted by every other day so it's worse for conception than e4d is, so I don't want you to SET OUT to do every other day as a replacement for e4d. Keep doing e4d in the off time.

But that's not quite what you're asking me. You're saying "because hubby can't finish three times in a row can we do every other day in the fertile window". What I would prefer to see is for you to get a Clearblue or some other fertility monitor, where it's telling you the "high" and "peak" readings and to use that to time when to drop in an extra attempt. If your husband can only have sex every other day then ideally we'd want to see an attempt on O-2 and early O Day. Second best, late on O-3 and on O-1.

Since with the fertility monitors you get (typcially) 2 days of high and then 2 days of peak, you'd want to try not to have sex on the first high day and aim at either second high and early on second peak )So O-2 and O Day) OR late on first high (O-3) and then first peak (O-1). That way you'd be in with two attempts in the fertile window and hubby could have a break in between.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This month we got pos OPK on CD16 so our attempts were planned to be CD14, CD16 and CD17. He was too tired on CD16 so we only had e4d this month. my CM turned creamy on CD19 and temp spiked on CD20 so I probably O'd CD18 or 19. If the CM is creamy already, does that mean I have ovulated already even if my BBT hasn't spiked? That's a great advice, I will try to target O-2 and early O next month. Wish me luck this month...although I don't have much hope.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The CM alone is not that reliable. In studies, even highly trained experts using Billings Method could only pin down the day of ovulation about 1/3 of the time. We see many people go to creamy CM prior to ovulation (like the day before, the egg white dries up) and many others have EW after O. In the month I conceived my daughter I had stretchy egg white for 2 days after O, and I had already conceived. CM is all about hormones (as are all symptoms) and so if your body takes a little longer to clear the hormones, or the hormones are "busy doing other things" (because your body sends out a big rush of EWCM as the fertile window opens, and then it just sort of "assumes" that the EWCM is taken care of for the month) then it can absolutely be that you have CM dry up just before O, or continue on a short time after.

Temping PLUS CM is more reliable (still only about 60% accurate to the day, tho) but with the OPK coming early too it can't really be pinned down. Your temps can be off too - one day in isolation can just be a random high or low temp, that's why we have to wait for 3 days of temps before we can confirm. Sometime between CD 17 and CD 19, my guess would be CD 18 (split the difference) but we can't know for sure.

Good luck!!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So like in my case, if I O'd on CD19 and my CM dried up already, was there still a chance that the attempt on that day was viable? I thought the environment with creamy CM would be hostile and the sperms couldn't swim through?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes there is still a chance. There is a BIG difference between the CM you see and what is actually happening up inside.

The only thing that 100% means you aren't going to conceive is whether or not the egg has been released and how long it lives for, in relation to when you had your attempt. You can't tell it from temping, you can't tell it from OPK, you can't tell it from CM, you can't tell it from O pains, and you can't even tell with all those things combined. The only way to know 100% if your attempt was too late is a blood test (and even that needs to be done at just the right moment to be accurate) and/or ultrasounds.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy New Year Atomic! I had a very long trip back to my home country and was delighted to know that our government actually provides financial aid for IVF treatment. So it is now an option for us but unfortunately gender selection is illegal so the sole purpose of IVF would be to get pregnant. At the moment our plan is we would do the treatment mid year if I still cannot get pregnant by then. At the moment I am not doing anything to sway apart from eating less meat and I am still maintaining my weight during sway. With that timeline, should I change my diet now or can I wait a bit closer to date? Anything else should I do?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Happy New Year's to you as well!

I wouldn't change anything just yet, although if you haven't already let's add in a prenatal or multivitamin that has about 100% of all the nutrients, and up to 250% Vitamin D, and no herbs or anything like that. You can take that 3 times a week or daily if you'd like altho of course that will be a bit more blue friendly.

Are you eating just gobs of carbs with limiting meat?? At some point we'd want to see you on more of a higher protein, slightly lower carb diet (but not very low carb) in advance of the IVF.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not tracking so I am not really sure how much I am eating at the moment...normally I'd eat a small portion of meat with lunch and dinner. I wasn't limiting on purpose but I am not a huge meat lover. I can eat more if needed. I drink 3 cups of milk a day + yoghurt + cheese, lots of veggies and fruits and quite some sugary food so i guess pretty high in carbs. Should I try to gain some weight? I think I am maintaining weight because I am not snacking as much. I am pretty filled up every meal so if I need to gain weight I'd need to snack more which is very blue friendly? I'll add prenatals from now thank you so much!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is your BMI right now?

The reason I ask about the carbs is that for IVF rounds, you'll need to eat a lower, but not very low carb diet with somewhat higher intake of protein and fat than LE Diet and also using healthy carbs (think South Beach or The Zone type of thing - more in line with the alternate LE Diet with the whole grains and full fat dairy). This is because too many carbs can have a negative effect on egg quality and with IVF we need egg quality to be absolutely sky high, as good as it can be. But my thinking is, hey, maybe we should make these changes now, at least in terms of cutting back on very sugary and white carbs (if you're eating them) and having more whole grains to see if we can help you get pregnant sooner.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast