Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well noted! I think I have quite a solid plan and I will work on my diet & weight for the time being and hopefully all goes well till our first attempt

Thank you so much Atomic, for your support and encouragement and just everything. It meant so much and at this point I have peace in me. I'll update you if anything and please stay safe and healthy & greetings from Indonesia
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! You all please stay safe and healthy too! I've heard Indonesia is one of the most beautiful places on earth!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are so so so many beautiful untouched places here to explore if you a nature lover, hopefully you get to visit when all of this is over!

I have another question...does the source of the protein make a difference in terms of swaying? At the moment I get my protein from eggs, chicken breast, greek yoghurt and cheese. I try to avoid soy product and white fish. Should I eat more of this and less of that? Maybe I am overthinking again

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would love to do that someday!

The truth is, we simply do not know about different types of protein. I am fine with you guys eating all those protein sources but I would suggest keeping soy and fish (of any hue) to 2-3 servings per week. Soy does have some effect on hormones and fish can have mercury and other nasty stuff built up in it - all women tTC should keep fish intake to 2-3 servings a week.

7. Likes onelittlewish liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's great to hear, now I have a bit more calories to spare I can play around with the numbers and be more generous with foot that has protein and fat like cheese. Totally prefer that over dry chicken breasts. But I am not sure if there is such a thing as "too much dairy" too. I don't usually have a whole lot of fish in my diet apart from salmon so I don't mind leaving it out entirely.

So now my diet looks like this (~1700cal, 57g protein & 59g of fat not counting the ones in my apples and corn)

I eat 11-1 and 6-8, fasting from 8pm-11am (15hrs)

Main meal (divided into 2 portions, I eat the same things for lunch n dinner and everyday to simplify my cooking plan)
    - 1c brown rice
    - 2 slice of cheese
    - 3 eggwhites
    - 1 corn
    - 4 T parmesan cheese
    - 2oz of chicken breast
    - loads of pepper, mushroom and other leafy greens that I cook for the family

Then I have with the meals
    - 2x full fat greek yoghurt + 1/3c frozen bluberries
    - 2x apples
    - 2x shot of rum
    - 1x iced black coffee with 3 T of whipping cream (with lunch)

Then to get me through the fasting periods
    - 2x iced black coffee with 3oz of unsweetened almond milk (for morning and between meals)

Then 1Tish of canola oil for stir frying my food

Does it look good to you? Is 21 eggwhites a week still too much? Should I go lower with egg whites and add more chicken?

Thank you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Within limits you can have however much dairy you like.

I would personally have you switch out the egg whites for a couple meals of SOMEthing else. Nuts, legumes, tofu 2x a week. Salmon is ok! I hate to think of you choking down dry chicken if it's gross!

10. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic again, I have another question and wonder if you can give me any suggestion. If I can get hold of Femara and Clomid, which one would you recommend, in terms of better chances and less side effect? Over here I think Femara goes by the name LEZRA100 2.5 MG, it is Letrozole, same thing right?

And good news, I have gained back the weight that I had lost and I will lower the calories abit and find the sweet spot so I don't keep gaining or losing weight. I am very susceptible to weight fluctuation, sometimes I wonder if all the changes are just from water. I have also limited my eggwhites to 2x a day now and added edamame and tofu per your advice.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure this is somewhere in our messages but I'm not seeing it - what is your age?

Don't worry about small weight fluctuations. Those are normal and to be expected (and the level of control freakishness we'd have to have in order to prevent them would only sway blue anyway!) a few pounds back and forth is no biggie.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 33. So I tried to do some searching yesterday and I read that Femara is better for ladies over 40, has a better pregnancy rate for PCO ladies, has lower side effect, less chance of getting twins and even better in swaying pink. But I think I came across one of your replies that Clomid has a better chance of getting pregnant for younger woman, but I am not sure how young would benefit from that. I think my age is somewhere in between so I am confused which would do me a bigger favor in terms of getting pregnant fast.

The past week has been harder than I thought with the diet. It started out pretty OK for the first 2 months and I actually really enjoy the food itself, it's just that not able to eat whatever and whenever I want is eating me up esp when the kids are more demanding and out of control. I feel very low and easily irritated esp during the ovulation period I guess due to hormonal changes n such.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can use either Femara or Clomid (and yes, that medication is a form of Femara. Either is fine. I do feel we see better rates of conception in Clomid and you are definitely in the age group you could take it. (and Femara is only slightly better than Clomid, according to one study, while there are several studies showing Clomid has a pink sway effect) It's your call to make on that.

Many times if you're having cravings suddenly it's due to hormones. And the good news is, the solution is easy - EAT SOMETHING! This is partly why we have the "planned and allowed cheats" in the LE Diet. When you are really just having some craving you can't live without, figure out what that really is, what will really satisfy you, and have that. It is totally allowed, it is part of the diet, and it is all taken into consideration when I made the diet. And if you need to add a 4th meal in, or even a 5th now and then, that is fine too. You'll be surprised that if you approach cheating as a "this is a tool to use when I need it" you will need it far less than you think.

What people typically do instead is they try to be good, using up all their willpower (aka, control freakishness, which sways blue anyway) end up eating 4000 rice cakes and cranberries or whatever foods they think are pink-friendly, then realizing they have just eaten 3000 calories of nothing. They're still hungry, they're still totally unsatisfied, and since they've blown their diet anyway they go on to eat 3000 more calories of whatever they were wanting (and usually a bunch of stuff they didn't really want but they just couldn't stop once they started). Then, because they feel guilty, they will decide to eat 500 calories for the next week to make up for it, but end up doing the same thing because they're so hungry (and of course this has a negative effect on ovulation too). This is a vicious cycle and it's really hard to break out of it.

So instead of doing that, when you're really starvated for something, just eat the ONE THING (or two, two is also ok) you want instead of having whatever meal you planned for your LE Diet. You will end up in many cases finding out you ate barely any more calories than you normally did anyway, and you'll feel way better because you satisfied the craving you had. (Plus it gives your body a shot at any nutrients you were lacking that may have been underwriting that particular craving) Then you may find it easier to pick it up with the diet as you were doing it because you're no longer obsessed with those feelings of being constantly denied what you wanted.

BTW this is true of EVERY diet, if you ever need to diet in the future for whatever reason, do NOT get into that binge/purge mentality because it undermines all diet attempts! It's better to cheat now and then, than to end up flipping back and forth between starving yourself and gorging yourself!

15. Likes onelittlewish liked this post
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast