Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am on CD7 and last day of my Clomid!! I am actually feeling quite ok and the side effects (esp the mood swings) weren't as tough as I had expected (or yet to come after the last pill??) apart from the ridiculous fatigue. I take my pills before bed but still waking up extremely exhausted and brain frogged all day long. Slight headache and light headed but nothing entirely manageable.

We are doing regular release every 4 days and one attempt at +OPK. If I remembered correctly I should start testing on CD10?

DH started cycling mid Sept because he find running on treadmill too boring (smiling broadly here). He will be cycling for probably 2-3 weeks (1hr/5-6x a week) till our first attempt. Would that be long enough to favor our sway?
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Taking the pills before bed can really help with the side effects - I hope the brain fog goes away for you soon!

Be sure you're doing the e4d in the 72 hour pattern (not those hours but that's how you count the days, like Monday/Thursday - attempt any time on the right day)

Since you took Clomid let's start CD 11 instead with the OPK - you can get false positives for three days after using Clomid (tho less likely that third day), and you won't ovulate till the 5th day or further out, so by starting the OPK on the 4th day you are going to be in in time to see a legit surge (if you're going to O on the 5th day after the dose) and without the risk of a false pos 3 days after your last dose.
    Yes cycling can likely help the sway - it can kill sperm though so we're hoping to hit that sweet spot for you guys where there is enough left to fertilize the egg!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    noted on starting OPK on CD11. And regarding the BD pattern, I am abit confused, were you suggesting having attempt e4d? At the moment as this is the first cycle, the originally plan has been 1 attempt at pos OPK and pull out every 4 days before that for regular release. Now that I am not counting every food I put in my mouth and loosened up abit in general it’s not that stressful with the diet. my pre-o mind tells me i can stick for a bit longer with the diet although getting preg fast would be ideal. Do you think 1 attempt is worth giving a try? I am just not sure now with hubby cycling, would that reduce sperm count so much that there’s no good chance with just 1 attempt at pos OPK? Hope I am not confusing you now typing with my fogged mind

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I'm sorry I read "every 4 days" and assumed you were doing every 4 days plus one more attempt at positive OPK. But you were saying have your husband do regular release with the one attempt. Gotcha.

Yes I absolutely think one attempt is worth trying. I just misread the original message.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So I am at CD12 we had our one attempt tonight, but I might (or might not) have screwed up this cycle because +OPK came way early and totally unexpected. I started testing yesterday at CD11 and got neg in the morning, I tested again in the afternoon and still neg but I skipped the night testing since we did our "regular release". I did digital for the first day yesterday as well and of course it is low since it is the first one of the cycle. Then this morning I got a peak without any high and also pos on OPK strip. "Normally" my peak starts in the morning and lasts for 2 days, and I usually O on the next day after pos OPK and occasionally 2 days after. But, since I didn't test last night I have no clue whether my surge started already last. My temp dropped quite abit too so maybe I O'ed already today. I guess we just have to wait and see. Fingers crossed for catching the egg.

By the way, does clomid raise your BBT? My temp has been pretty all over the place, got higher post af so I have no clue where my cover line is now too. Here is my chart and the X is the reg release and PM is the one attempt. There is no prob with reg release the day before the attempt right? I really hope this is our month because I felt good this cycle. Really calm and stable emotionally. And unbelievably gentle and patient with my kids ...or somehow more in the "whatever" state of mind

39479A40-1784-41D3-B378-46965B81D79F.jpeg

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it was negative at midday it was likely negative at night. Midday is the most likely time you'll get a high.

You did exactly right. Had attempt the day of first positive. The temp drop usually correlates with the day before O.

I would likely either keep testing or else go to e4d at this point to cover against delayed O.

Clomid does have an affect on temping, some people don't even temp on Clomid.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always thought the temp dip is on O day but you are right, when my temp climbed instead of spiked the dip had been the day before O. My temp increased abit this morning but not significantly. At least we were not too late in the game. I will continue temping i should see a temp rise tomorrow if I O today correct? If I am not seeing a temp rise on CD15 morning, I should BD that night. Am I getting the math right here?

CD12 BD
    CD13 skip
    CD14 skip
    CD15 BD

Thank you thank you milllllllionnnnns for your guidance along the way

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I'm sorry, that was confusing bordering on inaccurate, let me clarify.

The temp dip in the morning means that you usually have the next full day to have sex. Sometime in that 24 hour span ovulation will occur and in ~most~ cases it is more at the tail end of that, so NOT that you have a temp dip and you're going to necessarily ovulate at any second. What I was trying to say there was that the temp dip in the morning is getting you in with a day to go not like just a couple hours (which is what most assume), and just totally miswrote that (I think I was thinking of the OPK LOL)

Then, in addition to that, we are seeing a lot of people who have a temp dip and then it takes 2-3 days to see a rise, or there's a rise and then another rise, and ovulation could have occurred even later than that.

But yes, you're right in that if you see that BIG temp rise following a temp dip that means that ovulation has ~probably~ occurred.

Yes that's the right math for the e4d.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Makes sense, also depending on the time you O and the time you took the temp in the morning right. I have had all the scenarios you mentioned above, temp rise right after the dip, the second day and also the third day. There were also times when the first two days DPO are still in the mid range then shoot up only at 3DPO. I normally only use temping to confirm O because it's just different every single month for me but I think I usually O on the second day of pos OPK taking the temp rise pattern and LP length into account.

My temp today went up only a tiny bit again (two small rises after the dip) but my OPK went neg, CM dried up and cervix closed yesterday afternoon. Fingers crossed that O has taken place! On the side note, I still have egg white mucus (just not a whole lot but it has decreased since I started LE and did not dry up as I read after taking Clomid) and I didn't have any discomfort during and after taking the pills and no cramping or bloating on the O day AT ALL! I know I should be grateful because I was so scared of the side effects when deciding to take them but now when I didn't suffer from them I started to wonder Clomid is working properly as it should (i just can't stop thinking whether it will work and all i can & should do now is WAIT argh). Is there any way to know if Clomid is doing something to my body when I am ovulating already on my own?

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES! Determining ovulation is easiest if you use several different methods simultaneously. I would still do a bit of e4d just in case but if

I personally had EWCM for a couple days after O when I conceived my DD. People think it's impossible to have EWCM post ovulation but it's hormones that cause EWCM, and so if your hormones just take a bit of time to clear out, you will have EWCM after O.

Many people have that fear, that the Clomid isn't working, but it does work for practically everyone who takes it (probably even better for those already ovulating). It HAS TO BE working for you, it's doing something. It doesn't just not work for a person - it may not work well enough, such as in the case of someone who isn't ovulating, but it IS still having the effects it's meant to. It can take months to see less EWCM with Clomid. So you have to trust that it's doing what it needs to do.

13. Thanks onelittlewish thanked for this post
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast