Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Clomid it is then, it is more common here so easier to find and since it has better conception chance for me I have no other concern!

Thank you for your thoughtful words I was mainly craving for sweet & high fat food like cake/cookies/chocolates etc and I did end up eating small portions with my meals in the last week or two to keep my sanity intact. I guess my problem is I think I will never be done with these sweet cravings. So once I had some I would crave for more. I know I can tolerate a bit sugar and add them to my regular menu but I think cutting sugar plays quite a big role in my diet so I really wanted to keep it minimum, or does make that of a big difference at all by the end of the day?

Also what frustrates me, I guess, is that originally I planned to start trying after 8 weeks on the diet because I thought it was gonna be hard. Then when I went on full LE, skipping breakfast and no snacking and did my meal planning, it was a bit challenging but not like the end of the world. I kind of enjoyed the new way of eating and thought, why not go 12 weeks for optimal result. I did really well and no cheating at all with minimum effort (or probably using up my willpower without consciously knowing) and I was super confident that I can carry on with such and have no regret knowing that I did all i could. Then just at the last month right before the attempt when I should at least keep the same level of persistence (if not stricter) I have to loosen up my diet. Now I am not sure if 8 weeks of stricter diet is actually better or 12 weeks slacking off at the end. I think I am just anxious and not as chilled as I thought I would be when the time is near.
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're quite right, you won't ever be done with the cravings! I know some people who give up sugar will say "and then I never craved sugar again" but those people are fibbing. Both physically and psychologically we are hardwired to like sweet things and then goody treats are so everpresent thru our lives and imbued with so much meaning to us it is normal to turn to them sometimes. And that is OK!

You do NOT need to be stricter the month before your attempt. In fact, most people do indeed relax over time and yet our results clearly show a demarkation after 12 weeks - anything beyond 12 weeks gets much better results (even tho people are often much more relaxed) and 2-4 weeks gets poor results even though most people are very strict. So it just can't be that strictness 2-4 weeks before attempt is required.

Now, some people (those with PCOS or tendencies that way) do benefit from cutting out sugar but most of us can have some. So unless you have reason to believe you need to cut it out completely it's fine sometimes within the limits of the day.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What a relief to hear! I don't think I have PCO tendencies because I never see any signs of the PCOS symptoms in my life. I will stop beating my self up and allow some sweet treats on regular basis. Hopefully by doing that I can curb my cravings for sweets or at least stop being obsessed with the feelings. It feels miserable and you are totally right about it being a vicious cycle. I always end up caving in and then feeling extremely guilty about it. And I guess what's worse is that when I am eating a bite here and there, although with meal and although in small portion, it's off the book so I am eating on top of my daily quota. I am sure they are pretty high calories cost and each bit is jam packed with calories and fat.

I am feeling much better and 3 more weeks to go

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A little bit here and there is no biggie. Once you relax and know you can have things now and then, that will likely dry up as well because your body will think "it's ok I don't need to do this any more". Keep me posted!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Help atomic!!! I am on my CD11 and I am spotting already. My temp dropped and I think I am expecting my period in full flow today or tomorrow which means my LP has shortened from 13-14 days to 10-11 days. Should I still try this cycle with clomid or do I need to fix my LP first? Do I still have a chance to get pregnant with 10-11 days LP? I thought I have been eating quite alot of good fat through full fat dairy (2 servings of greek yoghurt and cheese and heavy cream). What should I do?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How did you determine ovulation?

Eating more fat takes a bit of time, sometimes you don't see improvements right away. Keep doing what you're doing. I would add in 4-6 eggs a week to that and a serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't per week.

Clomid, in many cases, will lengthen LP. There's no reason to hold off on Clomid for a short LP and in fact it's often given as a treatment FOR short LP.

You can absolutely get pregnant with LP of 10-11 days. In fact, 12 days is considered fully normal. It's really only 7 days or less (with 8 being borderline) where there is not enough time for the fertilized egg to successfully implant in the uterus.

I also want to point out that what your LP is doing this month does not have any bearing on NEXT month. LP has to do with this month's cycle, which is now over. Next month, you will have an entirely different hormonal profile that may be similar to this or may be totally different. So don't worry that this is a sign that your LP is going to be permanently shorter, it really isn't the case at all.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I determined ovulation by temping + OPK, I had a pretty significant temp rise. I have attached my chart below.

Weird thing is, I only had spotting (pinkish discharge) a few times yesterday and today the temp came back up abit. Usually when my temp dropped to this zone + spotting it signals period coming. I don’t understand anymore but whatever it is I am glad the game is still on

74CCC429-2651-42EC-BE9B-64E82BA5E8BB.jpeg

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's a clear shift there, no argument from me about when O happened! On rare occasions we sometimes see temps rise, and then rise again (delayed ovulation) but your chart looks pretty clear cut.

We do often see a temp drop and recover at around 7 DPO, you would be a bit late for that but with the spotting and temp rise I must admit my eyebrow is raised! Sometimes this is something we see with a pregnancy...

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    haha I know what's in your mind but I got my full flow today! Can't be happier to see my period because I really want to have Clomid in the game. That leaves me a 12 days LP which I know is within the normal range but just the trend that it's getting shorter cycle after cycle concerns me. This cycle I ovulated on the later end of my normal range as well and with the spotting it's quite messy! I am at CD1 and so nervous to take my 1st pill in two days. Cycle 1 here we go

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I was hoping! I'm glad your period came though!

PLEASE do not worry about a 12 day LP. LP does not "get shorter and shorter every month" it's not a thing. LP can get shorter and longer and as long as it's in normal range it's all good. Even 10-11 LP is of no consequence, and 8-9 day LP is still enough time for a pregnancy to develop.

The Clomid will change your cycle dramatically so do be aware that very likely will happen. And there's no reason to worry about what happened last month, remember that this is a NEW month, new lining, new hormones, and that's even without the Clomid on board! Good luck!

11. Likes onelittlewish liked this post
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast