Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First let's talk about the bleeding - I agree with your doctor that's from irritation caused by the cyst and not implantation. We hardly ever see real implantation bleeding, it is nearly always from something around the cervix or the VJ. The increased bleeding after the doctor's visit indicates that it was something vaginal that was aggravated in the exam and then resolved over time. I really do not believe that this had anything to do with the Clomid (though Clomid can cause midcycle spotting, I don't think that's what was happening here.)

I suspect based on temps your period will come later today or tomorrow. It is also possible that your temp today is a one off, and you might see it go back up, but I agree we shoudl be seeing positive tests in that case. It is also possible that you actually have only just now ovulated and youll see a big rise tomorrow that makes the last rise look like small potatoes. We sometimes see this sort of "stairstep" pattern where people think they ovulated but didn't, and then they'll have another dip (which makes them think AF is on the rise) and then another rise and it's only after 2 or even 3 of these "steps" that we see ovulation has actually happened. (my money is on AF coming, though).

Yes, your weight can absolutely be a problem. The Clomid may be keeping you ovulating even at too low a weight. You MUST eat more to stop losing weight. Meat is not a good way to keep weight on as it's pretty low cal and high protein, so you quickly go over on protein and have eaten barely any cals. I would advise you to choose other options instead of meat to add nutrients - things with both protein and calories like beans, nuts, grains, and dairy foods are going to be more cals for less protein.

We were only doing the alternate diet as a preemptive strike, so if you need to increase calories to compensate for that please do so. Would I load up on sugar? No, but there are many many foods you could eat instead of a bunch of sugar and white carbs to keep weight on.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Omg omg i think i got a suuuuuuper faint line this morning. My temp is still low this morning so I thought af is def on the way but when i checked my cervix it is still super high and tightly closed so i thought why not test again. It came up within minutes. My jaws dropped literally. This is about the same color I got 8dpo with my son and now i am 14dpo with out of the norm bbt…mixed feeling now super thrilled to the idea of “maybe i am actually pregnant” but more scared and worried. I have sent the pic to my dr and she asked me to go for a follow up checkup on sunday. I guess we will know for sure by then!! Praying for a sticky bean…

D2FBEB02-2281-4E34-B437-CC0EAC713E45.jpeg

6CDE1FDC-11CD-47E9-B77A-61F514F8788A.jpeg
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have had a lot of very faint positives that are actually negatives over the past couple years. I think they changed something about the process of making the tests to make negatives have these darn ghost lines. I'm hoping it darkens up, but unless you ovulated later than you think I would not have much expectation that you're actually pregnant this month. FXFXFX!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you are right. I started bleeding mid morning and I believe period is on the way. I never got any sort of indent or evap line on this before and I got these lines on two tests! These false positives are cruel. But I knew down there that something is not right because the temp is off. At least no more guessing and waiting here. Was super devastated but now ready to move on.

I need to get my weight up i think it really is a problem. I’ll try to eat more brown rice and dairy and stay away from sugar and white carbs as much as possible. I did pretty well last month but it was my son's bday last week so I did have quite some junk food and cakes after ovulation...will do my best! I have clomid for another cycle left, do you think i should use it or take a break and try without it? I didn't experience much side effects from clomid last month and since my lining looks ok, I am comfortable to take it again but would like to hear what you think?

There is nothing else I can do or change right? Just try to gain some weight at least back to bmi 18.5 and continue what I am doing: the ed4+1, coffee, alcohol, folic acid 1600mcg and 6x cardio/week?
    Last edited by onelittlewish; December 9th, 2021 at 07:14 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because your weight is so low you have more leeway with the sugar and white carbs than if you were heavier. Your body actually can handle them better. So if you need those things now and then to help keep weight on that's fine. I just don't want you to do a 180 and start stuffing yourself with gummy worms or whatever (I have seen so many people do this, and it is a mistake.)

Yes it appears to be happenign across several different brands and in some cases, these faint seeming-positives have gone on for weeks. For now, it's best for everyone to wait till there is a CLEAR positive and not go off faint lines because something is up with the tests.

I'm fine with you taking Clomid if you'd like, just want to be sure you're having 50-60 g fat a day (not counting pro and fat in fruit and veg) and also not taking fiber.

You may want to cut back on exercise to five days a week.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok great to hear! I don't eat candies or have sugary drinks anyway so that's a lot easier to follow. My sugar and white carbs usually come from occasional cakes, bread, pasta, noodle, pizza that sort of stuff. We don’t have much options with whole grain so occasionally i would have those. I tried to put my "base meal plan" in my fitness pal to see how much i've been eating and i am actually eating quite alot. Not counting fruit and veggies, I am eating about 55g protein and 62g of fat and with fruit and veg its about 58g protein and 65g fat. Approximately 1700cal a day at least, if my weight is dropping I eat more on top of that. Here is what my day usually looks like

breakfast at 7-8am : whole grain bread with peanut butter + 2 egg whites (sometimes whole egg) with a slice of cheese + 1 portion of fruit
    lunch at 11 and dinner before 6pm: 1/2 cup of brown rice, lots of veggies with green peas, small portion of chicken or fish, greek yoghurt with frozen berries, 1 portion of fruit

2-3 cups of coffee with almond milk and a glass of wine before bed. Does that look OK? Should I switch my almond milk to 2 cups of whole fat milk for more nutrition and calories? I used to drink quite a lot of milk but I have cut it out entirely since I started the diet in July. I am not sure how the hormones in the fresh milk impact swaying, or is it ok within limit?

will cut down exercise to 5 days and will take my last cycle of Clomid day 3-7. My temp is low like last few days and bleeding like normal period with clots yet i still got 2 pos tests in the afternoon. It is unbelievable!!!
    Last edited by onelittlewish; December 10th, 2021 at 06:48 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And another question, can too much alcohol and coffee be a problem? and how much would be too much? Before I started diet, I drank at most 1 cup of coffee a day and rarely any alcohol. Now 3 cups of coffee and 1-2 glasses wine/shot of rum. This is still within safe limits right?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    occasionally all that stuff is fine for you.

I am slightly confused where all the fat is coming from but I'll assume it's portion sizes and cooking fats.

Let's go to whole eggs 4-6 per week and one serving of full fat dairy daily above and beyond what you're having. You can compensate by dropping the almond milk if you like or just add it on the top of it. This will probably bump up your fat intake over the limits but it seems to me that you need an extra bit of fat. You may want to cut portion size somewhat on the peanut butter and then whatever cooking fats you're using to compensate. Something about the type of fat in milk and eggs is really good at boosting fertility.

All that having been said do use your judgement here and aim at small, gradual changes rather than now adding in a LOT of white carbs plus all the extra fat without compensating for it elsewhere. You do still want to aim at the general ballpark of 60-65 g fat even with the whole eggs and the full fat dairy, so you will prbably need to make slight cutbacks elsewhere so you don't go too far the other direction.

Milk and other dairy is fine within limits. The most important thing is the limits, but some people just have higher needs for fat and calories than others do and so in those cases we need to move beyond the limits (slightly!) to keep things working as they should be.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was surprised too...here is the breakdown of the 60+ grams of fat

1tbsp olive oil 13.5g fat (for cooking so just estimation)
    200g greek yoghurt 18g fat
    30g 1 slice of cheese 11g fat
    1tbsp unsweetened peanut butter 16g
    80g chicken thigh/fish 3g
    600ml almond milk 6g

That's about 50g of protein. If I add whole eggs and milk the fat will shoot up to 80g of fat and 63g of protein so I think i'll drop almond milk entirely, cut out PB when I am having the whole egg and cut down the portion size of PB on the days when I have egg whites only. That will give me about 65g of fat and 55g of protein per day, sounds good?

We are in the middle of raining season now so hubby cannot cycle as often or even not at all. Abit sad that we can't have this strong sway factor but I am not stressing too much since there is nothing I can do and hopefully it will give us a bit more healthy sperms to conceive.

Those false positives really hit me hard. At one point I just wanted to give up everything and go back to what I normally do just to get pregnant. Now I have a clearer direction as to how to continue I will pull myself together and try my best. Thank you for your support as always, couldn't have done it without you.
    Last edited by onelittlewish; December 11th, 2021 at 01:14 AM.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, what are you using to determine these fat intakes? Because something about this is not adding up. I went to my cupboard and got out the similar products and here's what I have, the measurements are ballpark based on the package but are close enough so we can see your nutrient data is VERY skewed and you are probably not getting anywhere near that much fat:

Olive oil - same, but do be aware that this could be something to cut back on without compromising much, if you need to get less fat from someplace you can use half that amount in most cases
    greek yogurt- 170 g greek yogurt only has 6 g of fat, if yours really has that much try a different brand
    1 28 g slice of cheese - 9 g fat
    1 T peanut butter, I have two different brands here and both of them have only 8 g fat per T
    I don't have chicken or fish with nutrient data on it

I suspect you have more fat to work with than you think. If you're using My fitness Pal to track your nutrients instead of what is on the package then I think you're getting some sort of misinformation on the results in the app. (Like, possibly you're using the 2T peanut butter serving data when you're having only 1 T that sort of thing)

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast