Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Maybe we can work out a compromise. Of these things you've listed, pasta is the best option to continue to have the white form. Since pasta is made of a wheat that has a high protein (in addition to having some protein from the eggs that are in it) it is much more forgiving for blood sugar than many other white refined grains. Let's have you go ahead with continuing white pasta just however much you'd normally eat anyway.

Then, when it comes to white rice, again, as long as you are having the rice WITH something that has protein/fat, such as a stir fry with some meat or tofu, or some sort of dish with cheese and beans too, then it will not just be pure carbs either and will be better tolerated by your body. So I would maybe try to eat that a little less often, or have less rice than normal and just MORE of whatever protein food you eat with it.

To sum up so far - that puts us at eating normal amounts of pasta, slightly less white rice than normal.

Then, that leaves us with white baked goods - bread, cake, cookies, etc. These are the least desirable. Does having the ability to have pasta and rice help you with eating less of these things?? If at all possible, I would try hard to limit them. Occasionally if you're just absolutely craving something, then go ahead, but cut back as far as you can. (like, instead of a whole sandwich, have a half, or half a cookie or whatever) This three pronged approach should make it easier to stick to the diet overall while still keeping MOST of the goals we are aiming at.

PCO tendencies never go away. They can improve if your diet is better but they're always there, and if anything worsen as we age because our body becomes less able to respond to high carb intake. So you don't need to be perfect all the time on everything but I do want you to be cautious not to overdo it on those empty carbs for the sake of your sway but also for the sake of your health.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanini View Post
    Thank you again Atomic . That helps me a lot and I have now adjusted the supplements. My sway plan is now ready .

The problem with my diet is less the sweets (I'm not a chocolate junkie) but more things like pasta and rice and baked goods . I try to eat less of it, but I can't do without it completely. I have my blood sugar under control, the values are usually in the normal range if I don't eat huge amounts. But I have a tendency towards PCO, which was more present before the pregnancy with my son, but is not completely gone now either.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G985F mit Tapatalk
    Hi Lanini,

are you from Germany as well? If you have a REWE nearby I can recommend their wholemeal spelt pasta. It's a huge difference to other wholemeal pasta I've eaten. I actually really enjoy it.

Good luck and LG ;-)

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks @Atomic Sagebrush. That sounds good. If I can eat pasta sometimes, my diet will be much easier . If I can eat pasta, it is not difficult for me to do without white rice. Is brown rice allowed? Potatoes are OK too, right? I try to avoid baked goods such as cakes, bread etc. as much as possible and will only eat them in exceptional cases.

In the past few weeks I've sometimes measured my blood sugar levels (I didn't do it for far too long before ) and my blood sugar was always in the normal range, with one exception when I ate rather excessively, after which my blood sugar was 150 after the meal. My fasting glucose is always low, which was never a problem with gestational diabetes either. So I try to fast as long as possible every day, so skip breakfast and eat lunch as late as possible so that my blood sugar is low for as long as possible. Is this the right way? Even before the LE diet, I did not eat breakfast, but I always ate breakfast before the pregnancy with my son. At that time I Was eating all the day .

I got my period on Saturday so my first Sway cycle started. Here we go !

@Verena: Yes, I'm from Germany. Thanks for the recommendation , I'll be going to Rewe in the next few days and hope that I can find the pasta. I don't like regular whole grain pasta, but these are worth a try. Are you trying a girl sway too? How many boys do you have?

Last edited by Lanini; August 30th, 2021 at 01:24 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Brown rice and potatoes are both fine and indeed, great!

I honestly don't recommend tracking blood sugar levels unless you need to for your overall health. We don't know what, if anything, the numbers really represent for our purposes, and it just gives another thing for you to think about and worry about. Too much attention to meaningless detail simply makes people feel very "control freakish" which can undermine a sway.

I do NOT want you fasting too long. Starvation is not good either. We are aiming at an inbetween where we are cutting back but can still get pregnant, and we also do not want to risk messing up our metabolism into the future (because then we might just regain weight and more when we start eating normally). Fast only 12-16 hours per day, no more than that.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! That helps me a lot .

I no longer measure blood sugar. I've only done it a few times in the last few weeks to get an overview at all. Since I hadn't checked it in a long time, I didn't know whether the values ​​were now diabetic, but that's not the case. They even got better, which is probably also due to my weight loss in the last few months.

Yes, I unfortunately fit perfectly into the "control freak" schemel . I try not to worry too much about everything and to plan everything down to the last detail, but that's really difficult for me and sometimes I think that "not planning" stresses me more than planning . But I also know that I cannot control everything and that is OK for me (without stress). With your help I no longer worry that I have to DEFINITELY create a perfect timing (cut-off) or that the PH level is EXACTLY on a certain number or that I feel bad because I ate a "forbidden" food. Fortunately, I'm now relaxed about these things and don't worry anymore . Instead, my mind now revolves around whether I'm doing the diet right or whether the exercises are enough or even too much. I don't quite manage to turn off the control freak .

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes absolutely, that's one of the best benefits of weight loss is that as you lose weight, your blood sugar improves. Even just small weight loss has been shown to really improve insulin response.

Keep in mind that all of us with all boys have those tendencies and our good results are in people who are cut from that same cloth! Over time you may find that the questions about diet and exercise even fade into the background as swaying becomes a lifestyle for you. But if you're still a little control freakish around the edges that's ok!

9. Likes onelittlewish liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! That helps me a lot .

I no longer measure blood sugar. I've only done it a few times in the last few weeks to get an overview at all. Since I hadn't checked it in a long time, I didn't know whether the values ​​were now diabetic, but that's not the case. They even got better, which is probably also due to my weight loss in the last few months.

Yes, I unfortunately fit perfectly into the "control freak" schemel . I try not to worry too much about everything and to plan everything down to the last detail, but that's really difficult for me and sometimes I think that "not planning" stresses me more than planning . But I also know that I cannot control everything and that is OK for me (without stress). With your help I no longer worry that I have to DEFINITELY create a perfect timing (cut-off) or that the PH level is EXACTLY on a certain number or that I feel bad because I ate a "forbidden" food. Fortunately, I'm now relaxed about these things and don't worry anymore . Instead, my mind now revolves around whether I'm doing the diet right or whether the exercises are enough or even too much. I don't quite manage to turn off the control freak .

I've been secretly following your post and just want to pop up and say I totally feel you here...even when you know you have a solid plan it feels out of control because there is just no control over this thing. One day I'll be super relaxed and in the zen state of mind convincing myself I've done my best and next day I'll start questioning myself am I doing enough and am I doing everything correctly I don't think we can change our personalities overnight but really just to remind ourselves each and everyday not to stress over the tiniest details and that the bigger picture matters. And there are so many successes here I think this is our best shot with a natural sway

Very best luck on your attempt this cycle and will be following your updates!
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Lanini,

I have 3 boys and would like to sway for a girl for the second time soon ;-) I don't know when or if at all I'll start ttc though because I have some health issues that have to be fixed first. And I'm 39 already so time is not on my side too.

Fingers crossed for your upcoming cycle!!!

@Verena: Yes, I'm from Germany. Thanks for the recommendation , I'll be going to Rewe in the next few days and hope that I can find the pasta. I don't like regular whole grain pasta, but these are worth a try. Are you trying a girl sway too? How many boys do you have?

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's fascinating to see that boy moms are so similar. Thanks also for your words @onelittlewish. At the moment I'm pretty calm and relaxed and not a control freak at all, although our BD will probably be in about a week. I'm a bit surprised at myself. The last cycles I was always very much a control freak, even though I was just watching the cycle and wasn't swaying.

@Verena I wish you the best of luck and that you can start the sway soon!

15. Thanks Verena thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic Sagebrush, I'm 6DPO now. In our attempt we did quite a few things that reduce fertility, so I don't think I got pregnant. Therefore I would like to start planning our next attempt now.

It is difficult for me to stick to the diet and daily exercise. So I want to increase the chances of conception in the next cycle. I still want to have a good chance of getting my girl. Atomic, you say that things like PH (Represh, Sylk), cranberry/aspirin, Cut Off, antihistamines and FR aren't clearly swaying, right? So do you think I can leave these things out the next Attempt without significantly reducing my chances of having a girl? I don't want to reduce my chances of getting a girl. I will only leave it out if it really doesn't do much good? Then I only do Diet + Fiber, Skip Breakfast, Exercises every Day, One Attempt at positive OPK, Alcohol, DH does cycling a lot. The next time I ovulate, I've been dieting and exercising for about 9 weeks.

I could take Femara. I was able to get Femara through a dear Swayer in a German group. I would love to take it in the next cycle to increase the chances of having a girl. Do you think it's a good idea? I am 32 years old. How should I take it? 2.5 mg a day from CD 3-7, is that correct? My cycles are a bit irregular and are usually between 28-32 days. I usually ovulate on CD 15-19. Sometimes earlier.

Of course, hope dies last and I'm so curious whether I might get my BFP in a few days. Because of CutOff, Represh, FR and so on, the chances are very slim, so I don't really believe in it. We will see.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast