Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) OK then I'll start Femara today.

2) I will increase the amount of calories and meet the protein and fat requirements. 50 g fat, 50 g protein, the rest carbohydrates? I will eat around 1600 kcal and see what effect this has on my weight.

3) OK then I'll eat nuts within the limits.

3) Last cycle, I took Magnesium, Calcium, Saw Palmetto and Baby Aspirin in addition to the things I told you yesterday. I've already taken these things out for this cycle.

I'm going to cut down myo inositol and fiber. I will cut out antihistamines and Vitex completely.

I thank you again. I think I wanted "too much at once" last cycle. More is not always better. I want a girl so badly that I must have overshot the mark. The shortened LP definitely showed me that something was wrong. I am curious to see how my current cycle will develop. I will keep you updated.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So you haven't been eating that much fat and protein so far? How much do you estimate?

I hope you weaned off the cal, mag, and aspirin rather than just dropping them. Your body gets somewhat "used to" having things at that higher intake and then it can cause issues to just stop them. Vitex, saw palmetto, are fine to just drop though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So far I've mostly eaten 40-50 g fat and 30-50 g protein (sometimes more, sometimes less), the rest are carbohydrates. I will increase both to 50 g per day.

Yes, I slowly reduced calcium, magnesium and aspirin and took less and less.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush, mamamia01 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok great, thanks!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

I'm on CD 8 today. I used Femara from CD 3-7, so I took the last tablet yesterday. I ask again just to be sure, so is it certain that I will definitely not ovulate for the 5 days after the last dose? Earliest ovulation will definitely be CD 12? I ask because everything is different than usual. I've been doing OPK since yesterday. The OPK is as good as positive tonight, the lines are almost identical. But thanks to your tip I was prepared for that. My Clearblue Advanced Fertility Monitor says "High" this morning (it was "Low" yesterday). But the strangest thing I find is that my BBT today was as high as it usually is only after ovulation (the temperature was still low for the past few days). I am a little afraid that I will ovulate and now miss it or not use it. Maybe we should DTD tonight if I'm ovulating? If ovulation does not start until CD 12 is reached, do we have enough time between attempts, right (like e4D)? I'm a little unsure.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it is as certain as anything can be when it comes to our bodies, you won't ovulate till the 5th day. A couple of times I've seen people ovulate the 4th day but they didn't take the pills consistently. It is unlikely in the extreme you'd ovulate

Clomid changes everything. Most doctors will tell you not to temp on Clomid because the temps are confusing and make no sense. So it's to be expected that your temperature would be different.

Yes, you would have enough time between CD 8 and CD 12 to have an attempt now, if you want, and still be in with the e4d pattern (in fact, CD 11 is the "72 hour" pattern".) But I don't think you need to.

8. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again. I decided against a BD. The OPK immediately turned negative again the next day and the BBT has been low as usual since CD 10.

So, I'm now on CD 14. Unfortunately, nothing is happening and I'm a little worried whether I will ovulate this cycle at all. I took the Femara from CD 3 to 7. I had a check-up with my gynecologist on CD 11. I didn't mention the Femara, but the desire to get pregnant. She did an ultrasound and said that she can see a follicle that is 13mm in size. She said follicles grow about 2mm per day and ovulation is about 20mm in size, so she predicts ovulation on CD 14-15.

So now it is CD 14 and there is no ovulation in sight. I usually have EWCM at least 2 to 3 days before ovulation. But so far I have nothing. And the OPK are still very clearly negative. Now I'm a little worried that I won't ovulate at all this cycle. Or that if ovulation occurs, the egg is out of order. Ovulation should be today or tomorrow and it doesn't look like anything will happen until tomorrow. Do I have to give up hope and what could be the cause if ovulation does not occur? I track my cycle for a year and I've always ovulated so far.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will all but certainly ovulate. Femara can change the patterns you are used to seeing, in terms of CM and OPK. It can slow things down and delay ovulation but nearly everyone still ovulates with it, even if it takes a little longer than they expect.
    The egg is not "out of order" and nothing is wrong here. Your gyno saw a developing follicle and it has simply grown a little slower than she anticipated, that's all.

12. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's CD 16 now and it still doesn't look like ovulation is coming. I had EWCM since yesterday, which I take maybe as a good sign. But the OPK are still negative. I test 3 times a day so as not to miss the increase. BBT is high again today, as high as it usually was after ovulation. There is an up and down and there is no high or low position recognizable. It's crazy.

My cycle lengths are always different and I have certainly had cycles where ovulation was only on CD 20. It was rare and a few cycles ago, but it happened. But I worry that the BBT goes up and down alternately and I just don't understand it. I hope it's really up to the Femara that the temperature is insane.

The biggest concern of all, however, is that my doctor saw a follicle 13 millimeters in size on CD 11. This should now be big enough on CD 16 for ovulation and it drives me crazy that ovulation does not want to come. It makes me feel like this cycle is lost and I can't get pregnant. I keep watching, but I don't have much hope. I will report.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Deep breath. Ovulation can and all but certainly WILL still happen. This cycle is not lost. Femara can change your cycle, it can affect your temps and make them different than you expect, and it can change your symptoms too. You can't look back at old cycles to tell you anything about what a cycle on Femara will be like. And even two consecutive cycles on Femara can be totally different. So this may be a weird one and your next one is totally like your normal ones.

Sometimes one of the follicles grows really fast and then just kinda sits there. Then another follicle grows and takes over. This is one of the ways your body guards against ovulating eggs that may not have the best chance of ending in a successful pregnancy.

By the way, as you probably know already stress is one of the biggest things that can delay ovulation. You seem so very tense about all this, testing and temping and watching every little thing and you are so convinced that everything happening is some sort of terrible sign, this in and of itself may be delaying ovulation.

I promise that this is ok. If the worst thing that happens is that you don't ovulate this month, it's no big deal at all. You'd have a bleed that would reset the cycle hormonally and then everything will be just fine. But that is NOT what is happening, you will most likely O in a few days' time, and being so wound up over it is only going to make ovulation come later. Everything is ok here, I promise.

15. Likes Lanini liked this post
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast