Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Up until a few years ago it was the norm to prescribe Clomid/Femara for 6 months before requiring a break. Then all at once they reduced that to 3-4 months, then a break. I am fine with you guys doing it either way. I think that taking a break after 4 months is great, and at the same time I've seen enough people conceive after 6 months even on the harsher Clomid that I'm ok with that, too. Your call to make, entirely up to you.

To split the dose you would need to halve the medicine and still take it 5 days. Taking the full dose 2 or 3 days would not work as well as taking a half dose 5 days. Because the way the medicine works is by suppressing estrogen, forcing your body to basically have to "rev its engines" in order to produce the estrogen it "thinks" it needs. Then after five days, you stop the medicine while your body is still "revving" and then you make a large surge of estrogen quickly. Only "revving" for 2 or 3 days would not be as effective as somewhat suppressing the estrogen for 5 full days, even at a lower dose of medication.

I generally recommend the half-dose approach instead of fewer months at a higher dose. For starters, the full dose may be too much (especially aftr having been on the medication a few months now) and could be suppressing conception a bit, and secondy, even not at full dose it still has an effect for encouraging ovulation and also swaying pink. But it's up to you, either way can still work.

Keep in mind, about your mood and feeling like chucking it all in, that it is VERY common to be hormonally low at that point of the cycle. It happens all. the. time. that I have someone who is ready to quit at this stage of the cycle and then in a day or two they feel upbeat and normal again. It has to do with hormones and so just keep that in mind, that when making a decision about things like that, you may want to sleep on it a day or two to see if you're feeling more positive once your period arrives, or once it's over with.

If exercise prevented implantation the entire human race would have died out a long time ago. While I'm fine with you choosing to do lighter exercise in the 2WW that is not what is keeping you from conception. People get pregnant while doing heavy, intense exercise for MANY hours a day. I got my 3rd son while I was working at a dog kennel, climbing ladders, throwing around bales of hay and huge sacks of dog food, jumping off and on things, lifting 80 lbs dogs into bathtubs and things and I did it for 4-6 hours a day. The human body is just very good at getting pregnant and we just need to get the sperm to meet the egg and it knows how to do everything else.

Walking is GREAT though. I actually prefer you guys do walking because so many people get injured when doing more intense exercise. I also think that were you to do something that felt a bit more "doable" it might help you stick to it longer.

Enjoy your upcoming Christmas cheat season!! I just had coffee and Merci chocolates for lunch LOL and I regret nothing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good morning Atomic!

I hope you had a great Christmas. I had a nice Christmas without a diet, I ate a lot and unhealthily the whole last week and now I feel a little guilty that it ruined my Sway. But I just needed it for my mental health. However, I did my daily exercises. I feel better mentally and I am motivated again to continue. Your kind words of encouragement also helped.

OK, I've decided to do the next cycle with half a dose of Femara. That means, I take Femara from CD 3 to 7 as usual, half a tablet a day.

Thank you for your words about exercises and implantation. When I got pregnant with my son, we were building our house, I worked there, was on the move a lot, carried a lot of things, and I still got pregnant. Still, I've been worrying a little now because I am not pregnant even after four cycles. But you are probably right, so I will continue to do exercises as usual in the 2WW. It's great that walking is okay. That really makes things easier for me.

I am waiting for AF now and after arriving I start the next cycle fully motivated. My period is late, it should have come the day before yesterday. I'm 17 DPO today (determined with OPK and BBT) but the tests are absolutely negative so I don't think I'm pregnant. I expect to get AF today as I'm starting to cramp.

----

Update: AF has arrived. CD 1 starts, lets go.
    Last edited by Lanini; December 27th, 2021 at 09:09 AM.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. It is VERY unlikely that you are 17 days past ovulation. You all but certainly ovulated later than you think, no matter what the OPK and BBT seemed to be saying. So if you're timing your attempts at the wrong time, it is not surprising you'd not conceive since (at least this month) you likely ovulated at least 3 days later and possibly more days later than you thought you did.

I went back and looked at what you wrote and I have some more thoughts on that. Please continue the e4d longer than you have in the past!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 27th, 2021 at 12:52 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanini View Post
    I got another BFN. I'm really sad. We did e4D + one Attempt at positive OPK. We had really good timing. I stayed on my stomach and back for a long time after BD. We didn't use lubes. No FR or something like that. My husband didn't ride a bike. It was now the fourth cycle where it didn't work and the third cycle with Femara. I'm starting to worry whether something is wrong with us in terms of health.

I only have one cycle left on Femara. I'm not sure if I can still get Femara afterwards. But I think after 4 months with Femara I should take a break anyway? Or can I safely take Femara longer?

This cycle my ovulation came very early. Positive OPK on CD 11, BBT was rising on CD 14. We had attempts on CD 7, 10, 11, 13, 16. Everything was perfect. But still BFN. Really worried I won't get pregnant at all. The daily exercises are very hard for me, I don't know how many cycles I can still do that strict sway. I want a girl so much, but I think maybe I should focus on getting pregnant. The age gap to my son is getting bigger and bigger (my son will soon be 4 years old). I'm torn between wanting a girl and the fear that I won't get pregnant and should try everything.
    Lanini, you MUST continue the attempts longer. Your ovulation came later than you realized it did and by stopping the attempts you may have undermined your ability to conceive.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your suggestions. We'll definitely try to do the e4D longer. My husband works in shifts, so it is often difficult to have an attempt because he often comes home late at night. But we'll get it done.

Can you briefly confirm again that I am now taking half a dose of Femara daily from CD 3 to 7? So, do I break the tablets in two and take half a tablet every day? I don't want to get wrong, the language barrier is not that easy for me.

Then we will do e4D + one Attempt at positive OPK again. We'll probably start at CD 7-8 and then continue longer than the last cycle.

Unfortunately I gained a kilogram over the Christmas period. I hope this doesn't ruin my sway .

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, you can either take the month off and then split the pills the following two months (I had thought this was what you planned to do) OR split the pills this month.

You would take the half-dose for five days, CD 3-7 whichever month you plan on trying.

We have not found that small amounts of weight gain affect sways negatively. I would just regroup from here on in.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It probably didn't work again. BFN at 10 DPO. I'll test again tomorrow but don't think I'll get a BFP. I am very disappointed and sad. It's so hard getting a BFN every month.

I took half the dose of Femara this cycle. Next cycle I will be taking a break from Femara. We did e4D + one Attempt at positive OPK. OPK was positive at CD 11. BBT was rising on CD 12 (quite early I think?). We had our first Attempt at CD 6, then CD 9, then CD 11 at positive OPK, CD 12, CD 15, CD 17 (I know this was one day too early), CD 20.

Is there anything else I can do? Should I drink less alcohol? Take any supplements? Now Sway cycle number 6 begins. I put myself under pressure. The age gap to my son is getting bigger and bigger. I'm discouraged. I'm getting worse with the BFN every month.

I have a suspicion that my uterine lining may be too thin. I haven't really spoken to my doctor about it, but I know that she once told me at a checkup that my uterine lining was very thin. This also fits in with the fact that my periods are always very light. Is there anything that might help build up the uterine lining? Pomegranate juice is always recommended in German fertility groups. Shall I try? Does it hurt the sway because of the vitamins? Or is there something else I can do?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, BBT is not always accurate. One day of a higher than expected temp can skew the results. We will know more when your period shows up.

You cannot tell the quality of uterine lining based on having light periods. I always have light periods, in fact the month I conceived my daugher I had one of the lightest periods I've ever had, but still conceived. The lining tells you about what happened LAST month, not the next month. And JUST ONE time of your doctor telling you you had a thin lining is meaningless. Firstly because we do not know where you were in the cycle when they looked at the lining, and secondly because your lining can and does change wildly over time.

If you are concerned, you can always go in and have it checked but since you've been on the medication it may not be an accurate reading of what it normally is.

If you did end up ovulating CD 12, you had simply bad luck this month bcause the CD 9 attempt might have been too early, CD 12 may have possibly been too late, and you were in with only the CD 11 attempt. So my hope would be next month you will have better luck.

Tell me everything you're doing, no matter how minor it feels, and I will see what to tweak. Please do not start any supplements, including pom juice (which yes, likely sways blue - and of course it does not really work anyway!) till we go over everything.

11. Thanks Lanini thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry I didn't reply to your last message. The whole Sway thing is getting really hard for me and I just needed a break from all the info.

My desire for a second child is so huge, but the desire for a girl is also huge. I'm not knowing how to continue. I got another BFN today on 11DPO, this was now our cycle number 6. I have the feeling that I have to decide between wanting a second child (regardless of gender) and wanting a girl. The whole sway thing doesn't seem to be working for me unfortunately, I just can't get pregnant and I'm afraid I'll have to focus on getting pregnant instead of girl sway. Because I can't take the BFN every month anymore.

I had this cycle analyzed by my gyno. Blood draw on CD 3, ultrasound on CD 11 and CD 17 and blood draw on CD 27. I don't have the results of the blood draws yet. Ultrasound looked like this: follicle on CD 11 was 16 mm (my uterine lining was at 1 cm at this time). Follicle at CD 17 was 19 mm. So it grew very slowly, ovulation was also rather late. Positive OPK on CD 18 and 19, BBT was rising on CD 21. I didn't use Femara. Sway was like previous cycles: coffee, alcohol, one hour daily exercise, diet, no breakfast, e4D+1. Attempts (I only write the relevant attempts) on CD 15, CD 18, CD 19, CD 21, CD 24.

I don't have the blood results yet, I'll get them in the next few days. However, I know that my vitamin D and iron levels, for example, are still in the normal range but are low and that my doctor says I should supplement them. But I'm afraid that it will sway blue?

My doctor now wants to prescribe Clomid for me (perfect for the sway, haha). But regardless of the Sway, I don't think this will lead to success. After all, I ovulate every cycle (but sometimes very late) and four cycles with Femara didn't bring any success.

Atomic, what should I do? Should I stop exercising, dieting, coffee, alcohol or something? I really want a girl, but I also really want to get pregnant. The BFNs are so hard for me. I'm torn between wanting a second child (gender doesn't matter) and wanting a girl. I don't know how to continue anymore. I really don't know. The desire for a girl has been with me all my life and has always been very big, but right now I'm really at a point where I'm considering stopping the Sway. I would like to go to the fertility clinic, but I'm afraid that I'll no longer have any influence on the gender. I never thought I would get to this point.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, rereading your thread it looks to me like at least one of those cycles you had no chance of conception because you ovulated later than you think. Again , I urge you to continue having intercourse longer than just one time after you think you've ovulated regardless of what your temps appear to be saying.

If you did happen to ovulate later than you think, it may be that it's too soon to see a positive yet.

Just to be on the safe side, but I do not think this is why you haven't conceived yet - what is your BMI right now?

By far and away the most likely reason people do not conceive has nothing to do with coffee, alcohol, or even exercise and diet. The most likely reason for not conceiving is that you're doing things (or even just one thing) that is preventing sperm from finding the egg. So please go over for me anything physical that you are doing - jump and dump, shallow release, lubricant jellies, having your husband do frequent release or wear tight underwear or take hot baths - that could be cutting sperm count or making it harder for sperm to survive in your reproductive tract.

If you're not doing any of those things (and even if you are!! I think it's time to add attempts!) then we need to simply have you continue with e4d plus one attempt at first positive OPK while continuing with the e4d method both before and after. I also strongly suggest continuing your e4d longer because if your ovulation is happening later than you think it is, you're missing the egg entirely by stopping too soon. I believe this happened in a previous month so it is definitely possible.

If your Vitamin D and iron are still in normal range I would not take any supplements. You should try instead to eat more iron-rich foods and get some sunlight every day, 10 minutes, on your bare skin, in addition to drinking/eating dairy with added Vit. D.

14. Thanks Lanini thanked for this post
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast