Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big hugs to you and wishing you a BFP soon!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

2. Thanks Lanini thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have not been in touch for a long time. Unfortunately, there is no good news. I am still not pregnant. I am now in cycle #10, I can hardly believe it myself. Never would have thought this would happen. I'm not handling this very well at the moment. There is a bit of panic rising about whether I can even get pregnant again - regardless of gender.

My motivation for the Sway is very low. I've given up a lot of things. I am no longer dieting strictly and I have gained 2.5 kg. I am currently trying to lose this weight, but not so much because of the Sway, but because we are going on vacation soon and I need to show myself to the world in a bikini . I am only doing exercises irregularly. Maybe 3-5 days a week. Motivation is gone. I can't and don't want to anymore. It was a burden for me to force myself to exercise every day. I drink coffee and alcohol daily, I skip breakfast, but that's all I do anymore. I don't have the power to do the Sway anymore. It has limited me so much in the past year and has often been a burden for me. It was OK for me because I was doing it for my girl. But now I look at it realistically that I'm sure I won't get pregnant anytime soon and I also have to think about my mental health, so I've kept the Sway to a minimum. We have a great summer ahead of us, we have two big vacations planned and I want to enjoy them completely without limiting food, counting calories and forcing myself to exercise. Not getting pregnant is hard enough, so at least I want to enjoy life.

The decision to give up the Sway has not been easy for me. I still want a girl so badly! And if I knew I would get pregnant in 3-4 cycles at the latest, I would definitely keep going through with it! But I don't know and the chance of getting pregnant is getting smaller and smaller. So I'm giving up on it. It's hard to admit it to myself, but I didn't have the strength anymore for the strict sway I did for so many months.

I escalated a bit when eating in the last few weeks because I was so tired of everything, and I immediately gained 2.5 kg, but there I have now put the brakes back on. I want to lose the 2.5 kg again (mainly because of the thing with the bikini ), and after that I try to keep the weight and stay in the limits as often as possible, but I won't strictly count calories and fat anymore.

But now to the little news: My husband had a sperm analysis. Everything is in order. The values were very good. So we recently went to the fertility clinic. There they did another sperm analysis, the result is still pending. They also checked my hormones again and also those of my husband, the result is also still pending. But I assume that everything will be okay again. Since I measure my BBT, I know that I ovulate every cycle. I don't think it's because of the hormones that I can't get pregnant. But it doesn't seem to be my husband's fault either, his sperm are in great shape.

I will have a laparoscopy and uteroscopy, this is what the fertility clinic recommended as well. I was born with omphalocele, and had many abdominal surgeries as a baby, so it may well be that my reproductive organs have a problem. However, I already have a child and have been pregnant?! We will see. Also, in my first pregnancy I had placenta accreta, had a curettage after birth with high blood loss. Unfortunately, it is quite possible that this will result in adhesions in the uterus that prevent pregnancy. This scares me quite a bit, the diagnosis would be hard because I may then never be able to get pregnant again. So it's uncertain if and how it will go on... That really scares me. I'm so scared of never having another child. I want a sibling so badly for my son . And I want a girl so so so so bad! But this whole thing tells me that I want a child first, whether it's a boy or a girl - and I'd love to have a second boy before I don't have a second child at all.

Unfortunately, everything takes quite a long time with the appointments, and because of our vacations we are also somewhat tied up in time, plus the laparoscopy may only be done in the first half of the cycle. Unfortunately, I don't expect my surgery to take place before September. I have a first appointment to talk to the doctor at the end of June, then I will know more. It makes me sad that it is all taking so long now.... I certainly don't expect to get pregnant in the next few cycles, I definitely suspect that there really is an organic cause and that I can't get pregnant at the moment. The long time of waiting until I have the result and hopefully my problems can be fixed in surgery is bad for me.

We will of course continue to try to get pregnant, but honestly, I can't see that happening anymore. I'm also tired of doing OPKs. I only measure BBT to confirm ovulation. We try to do BDs on an e4D schedule, but we don't stick to it super strictly anymore. Sometimes we do it every other day or so .
    Last edited by Lanini; May 27th, 2022 at 03:11 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for sharing. I am so sorry you are going though this. I really hope you get a BFP soon. Big hug to you!!!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

5. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you please bump this for me?? I set it aside wanting to have enough time to give you a good reply, but it's gotten late here.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Lanini, big hugs to you! I feel we are in the exact same boat. I’ve given up diet pretty much and alcohol and skipping breakfast, just coffee and a few exercises a week. Every month I am so disappointed yet relieved at the same time because I felt I’d def get a boy with my level of commitment lol. But it is how it is and like you said we don’t know how much longer this will drag on and something is def better than nothing. But alot of people conceive on holidays when they are distracted and relaxed, so you never know! Best of luck and keep us updated!
    2018 2019 Swaying for a in 2021 to complete our family!

8. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lanini, I'm so sorry to hear you haven't conceived yet.

The next step is definitely to take a closer look just to rule out anything that may be physically preventing pregnancy. You can absolutely have had a child and then an issue arises after that (particularly with the placenta accretia in the mix) and it would be good to rule that out.

Did you ever try the e4d plus one attempt?? (edited to add, after I posted this I see you did try the e4d plus one, but I do urge you to continue e4d longer than you think you need to)

Did you ever try the Sperm Meets Egg Plan? While having sex more often is perfectly ok and giving up the pattern if you want to, the reason to be slightly more regimented in your approach is to ensure you're having ENOUGH sex. Just having sex "whenever" even if it's every other day is honestly not a good way to conceive. People who go for every other day often end up having attempts like O-1 and O-3 (and O-3 is for many people a useless attempt) or O-4 and O-2 (O-4 is not a viable attempt the vast majority of the time) and that is one attempt!! So the absolutely first thing I'd recommend is trying either e4d plus one more attempt at positive OPK OR if you feel you've given that a good try, SMEP if you'd like. This will be by far and away a better chance of conception for you than continuing on with e4d alone (I would not have recommended that, would have suggested adding attempts before you've gotten as frustrated as you are!!!), doing every other day, or just having random attempts when you're in the mood.

Sperm meets egg plan is here: https://thespermmeetseggplan.com/the...eets-egg-plan/

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I have many tricks to help conception, to make diet and exercise easier, and just in general can give you more support.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 29th, 2022 at 01:23 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Lanini thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your kind words @treens and @onelittlewish.

I am trying to accept the situation and most of the time I am quite ok with not being pregnant yet. But sometimes I have sad moments and I get more and more scared that I won't get pregnant at all. I don't have the strength and motivation to do the strict Sway. I do as much as I can and what I can integrate into my everyday life. More is not possible at the moment. Some exercise, some diet, coffee and alcohol. My problem at the moment is simply that I think "I won't get pregnant anyway" and therefore have no motivation anymore. Maybe I'll manage better once my laparoscopy is done and our vacations are over.

@onlittlewish: I've been following your thread in between and have often thought that we really are in the same boat. Why is this all just so hard? All we want is a daughter, why is it made so hard for us?

@atomic: Thanks for your reply too and for offering to ask for your advice more often. I message so less often because all the thoughts about the Sway and the whole baby thing don't do me so much good and often hurt me and then I just don't want to think about it and actively deal with it.

We only did the first cycle one attempt, and the following two cycles e4D. After that we have already done 5 cycles of e4D + 1 attempt at positive OPK and additionally 1 cycle with three attempts in a row after positive OKP, which is then similar to SMEP.

This cycle we will then do the SMEP plan completely. Today I am on cycle day 10, but unfortunately I still don't have hope that I will conceive. It is worth a try. Even though I know that because I have gained weight, it will certainly sway blue. If I really get pregnant, I'm sure I'll be annoyed that I dared. But my hope is so low that I take the risk.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you get your BFP this cycle and I can follow your steps! I also tried to avoid forums for a while thinking that it will make me less stressed but I still needed someone to talk to and when the people in my real life couldn't understand my frustration I was left more distressed. So here I am again not looking for ways to perfect my sway or to see what works and what not but just knowing that there's a group of people here doing the same things and going through the same journey gives me peace of mind. Good luck and if you need some chat we are always here

13. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dear onelittlewish, I want to thank you for your kind message. I'm having a really hard time dealing with the Sway right now and I feel like it's not doing my mental health any good. But I have thought of you several times and also wish you with all my heart that you will get your BFP soon.

I have the meeting with the doctor from the fertility clinic this afternoon and I will find out the results of the second sperm analysis and blood work. I'm a little excited, but don't think we'll get any bad news since everything was good at the first test. I actually rather suspect that it is due to adhesions in my abdomen or my uterus. But I guess it will be several months before I get a result there.

My ovulation is over, I am 6 DPO today. We did the SMEP plan, knowing full well that this will certainly sway very blue in conjunction with my weight gain. But since I have no hope of getting pregnant anyway, I took the risk. So I am just waiting for AF. We fly out on Sunday for the first of our vacations and I'm really looking forward to that, hoping to clear my head well and not think so much about the Sway and all that stuff.

15. Likes onelittlewish liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep us updated! I am 1-2dpo and I don't think we did well this cycle. Given hubby's sperm condition and him not fully onboard with the life style changes & timing I don't think we have a good chance this cycle...but I am pretty chilled so all good because I know it will take a while and we need to take baby steps at a time. Enjoy your holiday to the max, you deserve it!

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast