Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your advice. We had a BD yesterday evening (the day of the trigger injection) and will also have an attempt tonight and if possible also tomorrow evening - to be sure.

I want to thank you again for your great detailed answers in September, they helped me a lot. I try to implement them as much as possible. I didn't take any medication in the last few cycles, we tried to get pregnant naturally. I'm still not pregnant. But I had the feeling that I had to actively do something again to increase the chance, so we try another cycle under Gonal F and control by the fertility clinic. I don't have much hope of conceiving naturally anymore and I'm trying to accept that there may not be a second child, but it's very hard for me. We're now in cycle 17 or so, I've lost count.

I have almost completely given up the Sway. I've gained some weight (about 54 kg now, BMI 21.6) but the weight hasn't changed for a while now and I'm eating so many calories that I'm neither gaining nor losing weight. I continue to skip breakfast, but because it's good for me and I like it. I no longer do hard exercises like trampoline jumping. I only go for walks irregularly 3-4 days a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. Alcohol only on weekends. My hubby takes supplements for sperm quality. I take prenatal supplements about 3 times a week. In the natural cycle without medication we do e4D+1. We use a sperm-friendly lubricant when necessary. No jump and dump or things like this.

I still want a girl with all my heart. But the desire for a certain gender has receded into the background. First and foremost, I just want to get pregnant. I want my son to have a sibling. That has absolute priority. Of course I'm still hoping for a girl, very much so, but I'm so scared that I won't get pregnant at all, that the focus will be on getting pregnant and not on the girl sway anymore. So I dropped almost all things. It wasn't easy for me. But I had to drop it, also because I couldn't make it anymore. Daily exercises, constant dieting, that was no longer manageable for me, I was under so much stress because I wanted to do everything well, it was no longer good for me and it was no longer good for my family. If I knew I was going to get pregnant in a cycle or two or three, I'd go all-out on the Sway again. But I don't know, and I can't do all this indefinitely anymore. So I let the girl sway go. Also to increase the chances of getting pregnant.

But the biggest factor for me is still that there must be a reason why I won't get pregnant anymore. That gives me so many thoughts. There must be a reason, but I don't know how to find out. Last week I had a glucose load test to rule out diabetes or insulin resistance. Since I had gestational diabetes and also had PCO tendencies prior to pregnancy, this may be a possibility. I don't have the result of the test yet. I already know that I definitely don't have diabetes, but I don't know the result for insulin resistance yet.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G991B mit Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really hope this is your month! Sending you healthy pink dust you way! I think your attempts sounded great
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you would like to, go over all the testing you have had by doctors so far.

Oftentimes, when we have someone go this long not getting pregnant, it is an external reason that actually had nothing to do with the sway.

Some people have felt that even the sperm safe lubricant seemed to be preventing conception. You might want to try skipping it in the fertile window and seeing if it helps at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Atomic,

I did not get pregnant even in the second cycle with Gonal F.

I'll list all of the test results here:

- I had several cycle monitors. Everything always looks great. An ultrasound always shows a nice, large follicle, the lining of the uterus is well built up (about 10 mm just before ovulation).
    - No abnormalities in the hormone levels. All hormones (according to the doctor) are in the normal range. I already showed them in post #109.
    - I track my cycles with OPKs and BBT. I have positive OPKs every cycle and a temp rise a few days later. I have a lot of EWCM in the fertile window. At the same time, the ultrasound shows a follicle ready to rupture. My ovulation is usually between day 12 and day 16. My luteal phase is 13-15 days long. My temperature curve always looks perfect.
    - I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and fallopian tube patency test. No abnormalities were found. Only a hydatid cyst was found on the ovary and removed. Both fallopian tubes are permeable. Uterus is normal. No abnormalities are found in the abdominal cavity.
    - Two sperm analyzes by two different doctors. Both doctors said everything is fine. The sperm is in the normal range almost everywhere, only the number of normally shaped sperm is slightly lower than normal. The results are also in post #109.
    - I've had several cycles of letrozole without a doctor, but I've had random ultrasounds several times and it's always shown a great follicle.
    - I had two cycles with Gonal F with medical support, here too a great follicle was always visible in the ultrasound, ovulation was triggered with Ovitrelle.
    - Of course, I also had a lot of cycles without medication, where great follicles were also visible and my BBT and OPKs were perfect.
    - We have been trying to conceive since September 2021 with no success. We have done many cycles with e4D+1 and also several cycles with SMEP.
    - We tried a lot: cycles with a sperm-friendly lubricant, cycles without lubricant. After the BD, lie on my back and on my stomach. And so much more. I tried everything Dr. Google me names to get pregnant faster. We both take supplements. I gave up the Sway completely.

I do not get it. With our first child, I got pregnant on the first try. Back then I had long, irregular cycles (PCO tendencies I think) and I still got pregnant in the first cycle of trying. Ever since my son was born, I have had fantastic cycles, regularly and according to several doctors, everything always looks perfect. But I just can't get pregnant. Even my doctor at the fertility clinic now told me I was puzzling her. It's strange that I get pregnant with my first child without any problems on the first (!) attempt and now with the second child, it just doesn't work out and no cause can be found. There is proven regular ovulation, great uterine lining, good sperm, the fallopian tubes are free and so on.

I told you in the last post that I did a glucose tolerance test. I now have the result. My blood sugar levels were in the normal range and not too high. I definitely don't have diabetes. Regarding insulin resistance, I was told that my readings were slightly off. My Homa Index is a little over 1, which is probably just in the range between "normal" and "suspicion of insulin resistance". My doctor said that she recently attended a training course and it said that if the Homa Index was 1 or higher, metformin could be used to improve fertility. So she gave me metformin, which I've been on for about two weeks now. I don't know if this makes sense as my Homa Index isn't that high and I ovulate regularly, but I figure it sure doesn't hurt and is worth a try. To improve the Homa Index, the doctor advised me to eat little sugar, lose some weight and exercise a lot. Ha ha, good joke. I did this for over a year while I did the Sway. It didn't help getting pregnant. And I don't have the strength for it anymore.

I am so desperate and sad. My son is so crazy about babies and really wants a sibling. He often asks me about it and pretends his stuffed animals are babies. And it breaks my heart.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Atomic, I did not get pregnant even in the second cycle with Gonal F. I'll list all of the test results here:

- I had several cycle monitors. Everything always looks great. An ultrasound always shows a nice, large follicle, the lining of the uterus is well built up (about 10 mm just before ovulation).
    - No abnormalities in the hormone levels. All hormones (according to the doctor) are in the normal range. I already showed them in post #109.
    - I track my cycles with OPKs and BBT. I have positive OPKs every cycle and a temp rise a few days later. I have a lot of EWCM in the fertile window. At the same time, the ultrasound shows a follicle ready to rupture. My ovulation is usually between day 12 and day 16. My luteal phase is 13-15 days long. My temperature curve always looks perfect.
    - I had a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy and fallopian tube patency test. No abnormalities were found. Only a hydatid cyst was found on the ovary and removed. Both fallopian tubes are permeable. Uterus is normal. No abnormalities are found in the abdominal cavity.
    - Two sperm analyzes by two different doctors. Both doctors said everything is fine. The sperm is in the normal range almost everywhere, only the number of normally shaped sperm is slightly lower than normal. The results are also in post #109.
    - I've had several cycles of letrozole without a doctor, but I've had random ultrasounds several times and it's always shown a great follicle.
    - I had two cycles with Gonal F with medical support, here too a great follicle was always visible in the ultrasound, ovulation was triggered with Ovitrelle.
    - Of course, I also had a lot of cycles without medication, where great follicles were also visible and my BBT and OPKs were perfect.
    - We have been trying to conceive since September 2021 with no success. We have done many cycles with e4D+1 and also several cycles with SMEP.
    - We tried a lot: cycles with a sperm-friendly lubricant, cycles without lubricant. After the BD, lie on my back and on my stomach. And so much more. I tried everything Dr. Google me names to get pregnant faster. We both take supplements. I gave up the Sway completely.

I do not get it. With our first child, I got pregnant on the first try. Back then I had long, irregular cycles (PCO tendencies I think) and I still got pregnant in the first cycle of trying. Ever since my son was born, I have had fantastic cycles, regularly and according to several doctors, everything always looks perfect. But I just can't get pregnant. Even my doctor at the fertility clinic now told me I was puzzling her. It's strange that I get pregnant with my first child without any problems on the first (!) attempt and now with the second child, it just doesn't work out and no cause can be found. There is proven regular ovulation, great uterine lining, good sperm, the fallopian tubes are free and so on.

I told you in the last post that I did a glucose tolerance test. I now have the result. My blood sugar levels were in the normal range and not too high. I definitely don't have diabetes. Regarding insulin resistance, I was told that my readings were slightly off. My Homa Index is a little over 1, which is probably just in the range between "normal" and "suspicion of insulin resistance". My doctor said that she recently attended a training course and it said that if the Homa Index was 1 or higher, metformin could be used to improve fertility. So she gave me metformin, which I've been on for about two weeks now. I don't know if this makes sense as my Homa Index isn't that high and I ovulate regularly, but I figure it sure doesn't hurt and is worth a try. To improve the Homa Index, the doctor advised me to eat little sugar, lose some weight and exercise a lot. Ha ha, good joke. I did this for over a year while I did the Sway. It didn't help getting pregnant. And I don't have the strength for it anymore.

I am so desperate and sad. My son is so crazy about babies and really wants a sibling. He often asks me about it and pretends his stuffed animals are babies. And it breaks my heart.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Atomic, I did not get pregnant even in the second cycle with Gonal F. I'll list all of the test results here:

I do not get it. With our first child, I got pregnant on the first attempt. Back then I had long, irregular cycles (PCO tendencies I think) and I still got pregnant in the first cycle of trying. Ever since my son was born, I have had fantastic cycles, regularly and according to several doctors, everything always looks perfect. But I just can't get pregnant. Even my doctor at the fertility clinic now told me I was puzzling her. It's strange that I get pregnant with my first child without any problems on the first (!) attempt and now with the second child, it just doesn't work out and no cause can be found. There is proven regular ovulation, great uterine lining, good sperm, the fallopian tubes are free and so on.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry it hasn't happened yet.

Can you fill me in on the supplements you guys are taking? Dr. Google can sometimes suggest things that aren't necessarily good. Some of the supplements that are advised on the Internet are worse than nothing. I would really love to take a look at them and see if there's anything in there that may actually be hurting your chances.

Metformin can help some people, although I agree it's a bit of a stretch to assume that you will be in that group as it's such a trifling finding. Most of the time, when people have insulin issues it's very obvious and they have a lot of markers. But metformin doesn't hurt. I don't think you need to get too serious about changing your diet though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Atomic, after a long time I'm back in touch. Unfortunately with a sad result. We are at the end of our fertility journey. Sadly, I didn't get pregnant. I have no idea why. I am sad. But I'm at the end and don't want to go any longer. I have no more energy.

I gave up the Sway a very long time ago. My absolute dream was always to have a daughter. But for a long time now, I haven't dared to think it was even possible. At some point you get to the point where you just want to get pregnant. I would have taken a second boy with a kiss, as long as I got pregnant again. The most important thing was that my son had a sibling.

Over the last one and a half years, we have had several fertility treatments. 3 inseminations. 1 round of IVF. 1 round of ICSI. A total of 2 embryo transfers. There was never an implantation. Yesterday I had the last BFN. There is still no explanation as to why I am not getting pregnant. All medical examinations showed no cause for the infertility. The doctors don't know what the cause is either. The only thing that was noticeable was our poor rate of fertilized eggs. During my first IVF, 14 eggs were retrieved, but only 4 of them fertilized. One good quality blastocyst remained at the End. But there was no implantation. We then decided on ICSI, hoping that there would be more fertilized eggs. We were able to retrieve 10 eggs, but only 4 of them were mature. 3 had been fertilized by ICSI. One blastocyst of very good quality remained. Due to hyperstimulation syndrome, it was frozen and transferred in a cryo cycle. I received the result yesterday: Negative. No implantation again.

We do not know the reason for the many immature eggs that cannot be fertilized. I have done everything in my control. We took all the additional services that were available for ICSI. I read the book "It starts with the Egg" by Rebecca Fett and acted accordingly. My husband did too. I gained weight, lost weight, exercised a lot, didn't exercise, I ate well, I tried EVERYTHING.

It is unexplainable to us why we are not allowed to have a second child. All medical examinations showed good results. Good sperm, the fallopian tubes are clear, the uterus looks good, the uterine lining is building up well, all hormone levels are normal, my cycle is regular, I always have nice follicles, I respond well to the medication, there is no coagulation disorder and so on. It remains a mystery.

So, unfortunately, we will now draw a line and close the "second child" chapter without success. I'm very sad about it, but I can't do it anymore. Without knowing what the reason for the infertility is, there's no point in continuing anyway. I will soon be 35 years old. We have been trying to get pregnant for 2.5 years. My son will soon be 6 years old. For us, the biggest mystery and at the same time the greatest luck is that we were able to conceive him naturally in the first cycle without any problems. That is my miracle. I am so grateful for that!

That's why I'm now saying goodbye here for good. Thank you for all your advice and tips, Atomic. You have supported me on my journey for a long time and I am so grateful for your work. And I'm sure that if there wasn't some unknown barrier preventing me from getting pregnant, I would have had my little girl thanks to your help. THANK YOU!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Atomic, after a long time I'm back in touch. Unfortunately with a sad result. We are at the end of our fertility journey. Sadly, I didn't get pregnant. I have no idea why. I am sad. But I'm at the end and don't want to go any longer. I have no more energy.

I gave up the Sway a very long time ago. My absolute dream was always to have a daughter. But for a long time now, I haven't dared to think it was even possible. At some point you get to the point where you just want to get pregnant. I would have taken a second boy with a kiss, as long as I got pregnant again. The most important thing was that my son had a sibling.

Over the last one and a half years, we have had several fertility treatments. 3 inseminations. 1 round of IVF. 1 round of ICSI. A total of 2 embryo transfers. There was never an implantation. Yesterday I had the last BFN. There is still no explanation as to why I am not getting pregnant. All medical examinations showed no cause for the infertility. The doctors don't know what the cause is either. The only thing that was noticeable was our poor rate of fertilized eggs. During my first IVF, 14 eggs were retrieved, but only 4 of them fertilized. One good quality blastocyst remained at the End. But there was no implantation. We then decided on ICSI, hoping that there would be more fertilized eggs. We were able to retrieve 10 eggs, but only 4 of them were mature. 3 had been fertilized by ICSI. One blastocyst of very good quality remained. Due to hyperstimulation syndrome, it was frozen and transferred in a cryo cycle. I received the result yesterday: Negative. No implantation again.

We do not know the reason for the many immature eggs that cannot be fertilized. I have done everything in my control. We took all the additional services that were available for ICSI. I read the book "It starts with the Egg" by Rebecca Fett and acted accordingly. My husband did too. I gained weight, lost weight, exercised a lot, didn't exercise, I ate well, I tried EVERYTHING.

It is unexplainable to us why we are not allowed to have a second child. All medical examinations showed good results. Good sperm, the fallopian tubes are clear, the uterus looks good, the uterine lining is building up well, all hormone levels are normal, my cycle is regular, I always have nice follicles, I respond well to the medication, there is no coagulation disorder and so on. It remains a mystery.

So, unfortunately, we will now draw a line and close the "second child" chapter without success. I'm very sad about it, but I can't do it anymore. Without knowing what the reason for the infertility is, there's no point in continuing anyway. I will soon be 35 years old. We have been trying to get pregnant for 2.5 years. My son will soon be 6 years old. For us, the biggest mystery and at the same time the greatest luck is that we were able to conceive him naturally in the first cycle without any problems. That is my miracle. I am so grateful for that!

That's why I'm now saying goodbye here for good. Thank you for all your advice and tips, Atomic. You have supported me on my journey for a long time and I am so grateful for your work. And I'm sure that if there wasn't some unknown barrier preventing me from getting pregnant, I would have had my little girl thanks to your help. THANK YOU!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry, I am sending love and hugs and wishing you all the best in your future!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast