Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pink Sway - Questions about LE Diet and Exercise

Hello Atomic!

(First of all: I'm from a non-English speaking country, so my English is not that good and I sometimes use the wrong words.)

Thank you so much for this site! It's a huge help to us Swayers!

We want to start our Pink Sway in September. Unfortunately, we had to move it from Juli/August to September, so I don't want to wait any longer. Until a week ago I didn't know this page. So the plan was for us to do Babydust-Method and (not a strict) IG diet. But it scared me that there are so many failed Sways. So I kept searching and found you. Your theories are convincing, it sounds logical to me, and the results are good, so now I want to tackle the "Atomic Sway" for a girl.

I am 32 years old, my husband is 34 years old. We have one son who is 3 years old. I am 1.58 m tall (I guess 5 feet 2 inches ?!) and weigh 53 kg (116 lbs), so my BMI is 21.2.

Since I only found out about the LE diet a week ago, I've only been doing it for a week. My next ovulation is in 3 weeks. So that I "officially" only do the LE diet for 4 weeks. But I lost weight from January to April and June to mid-July this year, and during that time I ate a diet very similar to the LE diet. I am a vegetarian anyway, my diet during weight loss was high in carbs, medium fat and low in protein. During weight loss, I ate around 1200-1500 calories per day. So that it was quite similar to the LE diet overall.

I did a lot of exercise during weight loss. Cardio. Cycling, jogging, trampoline jumping. During weight loss, I exercised about 1 hour 4-5 days a week. So also similar to your recommendations.

Since I have been strictly on the LE diet, I do exercises about 1 hour 6-7 days a week, that is about 4 weeks until start swaying.

I know from your information that a 1-4 week diet is not as successful as 6+ weeks, 12+ weeks is best. I am now worried whether we should start in September. I want so much! I don't want to wait any longer. Actually wanted to start in Juli/August and already had to change (thankfully in retrospect, because I've only found genderdreaming now!). But I don't want to take any unnecessary risks either. Do you think I could start with Sway in September or do you think it's too risky? Because I was on a diet very similar to the LE diet from January to April and June to mid-July and did a lot of cardio during that time. And then, 4 weeks before start swaying, I followed a strict LE diet and during those 4 weeks even did 6-7 days a week of exercise. I'm worried because I ate a lot on vacation from mid-July to early August, and gained 1 kg in that time. But since then I've lost 1 kg again, so I'm back to my weight before vacation.

I am so annoyed with myself that I did not continue the diet while on vacation, then I would have no problem. Now I have about 3-4 weeks in between that I haven't been dieting. I am confused. I don't want to take too big a risk (I really wish a girl!). But I don't really want to wait any longer... have been waiting so long... I'm torn.

We would also like to include things like cut off (and only one attempt anyway), FR, PH control, hot shower for DH, Alcohol, so that the chance of conception is lower anyway. So that diet / exercise can be done longer if I don't get pregnant in the first cycle, but I don't know that in advance.

Thank you, dear Atomic! I'm looking forward to your answer .

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, that's ok, many of my clients are non-native speakers so I am used to communicating with a language barrier.

Given your BMI I would start off trying to hold steady where you're at with your weight.

Since you were already on an LE-type diet and lost weight with exercise, I am fine with you trying sooner. Go right ahead and try in September. In fact I would worry that you would lose ovulation if you did another 12 weeks of diet and exercise! Let's start now!

It's ok to have a little cheat now and then, there's enough time to recover.

It's fine for you to do one attempt and FR. If you'd like to start off with a cutoff, that's your choice, but timing doesn't work (only number of attempts) and eventually you should drop that if you don't conceive.

What method of pH control do you plan to use?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Atomic,

thank you very much for your answer . That helps me alot. It makes me feel good if you agree that we can start with the sway in September. Then we'll do that. I am so excited!

What do you mean, how many calories should I eat per day? I've typically ate around 1200-1300 calories during my weight loss for the past few months. I think that's not enough now? Should I rather go for 1500-1800 kcal? I'm afraid that I'll gain weight then . When I got pregnant with my son, I ate a lot and was gaining weight, unfortunately I don't know the amount of calories, but it definitely won't have been less than 2000-2300 kcal a day, I ate a lot of sweets and fat.

How intense do the exercises have to be? I do jogging, cycling, trampoline jumping, and step aerobics. Is there an indication of how high my pulse should be or how many calories I should burn? Most of the time I train hard and my heart rate averages 130-150, I burn around 400-500 kcal in that hour. Is that necessary or can it sometimes be a little less intense?

I also have a question about FR. You say DH should do it 7-10 days. I think that's a lot for DH . Do you think 5 days are enough to reduce the sperm count a little? Or should DH alternatively be abstinent? When we got pregnant with my son, my husband was abstinent for quite a long time, so I don't have a good feeling for our Pink Sway with it and I would actually rather do FR.

I also have a question about fiber supplements. I'm not sure I understand what it means. I read chitosan or psyllium husks somewhere, is that correct?

I measure my pH with test strips. My PH is around 4.0 - 4.2 during my ovulation, but after the BD it is much higher at around 6-7 (despite contraception with a condom, so without the influence of sperm, and without Big O for me). I would therefore like to regulate my PH value down after BD with a gel similar to Replens, it has a pH value of 4.5. I know you say PH control doesn't work, but I definitely want to try at the beginning and if I realize I won't get pregnant with it, I'll leave it.

I also read that timing shouldn't work. That makes me feel better because my cycle isn't super regular, so my ovulation is always on a different day. My LH-Test is slowly starting to rise about 24 hours before peak, so I should get a 48 hour cut-off and I think that's OK, because it isn't a huge cut-off. If I don't get pregnant like this, we'll be planning the BD closer to ovulation.

I know that exercise, diet and one attempt are the most important things, so we will not deviate from them. If I don't get pregnant we'll leave things out like timing and pH control first.

Thank you again dear Atomic!

Greetings from Germany,
    Lanini

Gesendet von meinem SM-G985F mit Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello again,

I have one more question. I'm so sorry for asking you so much . I just want to make everything "perfect" because I really want a girl .

I read about Myo Inositol. I know it's for women with PCO, but could it be for me too? Before I became pregnant with my son, I had very long irregular cycles (50 to 70 days). During pregnancy I had gestational diabetes (only treated with diet). After the pregnancy, my blood sugar levels were still too high, but not yet in the range of diabetes. My cycles have been normal since my son was born, at least that settled itself. I don't have an official diagnosis of PCO, and not all of the symptoms suit me. But my blood sugar level is still sometimes in a high range after meals, but not yet in the range of diabetes. I put fat on my stomach quickly. Have a little bit of acne. Could it make sense for me to take Myo Inositol? What do you mean?

Thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, the number of calories you need to eat per day varies depending on your metabolism so I can't really tell you that. You want to eat enough so you're not losing weight, but not so much that you're gaining it. Whether that is 1400 cals or what, I honestly can't say, play around with it and you'll find the sweet spot. If you start exercising more you will need to eat that much more again to compensate.

Don't track your heart rate or calories burned, it doesn't matter and just makes you too "control freak" (which may sway blue.) Just do whatever exercise you enjoy for 1 hour. Even just walking counts for this, the exercise does not need to be super intense.

Yes, fiber is psyllium or chitosan or any dietary fiber supplement.

If your husband can't do the FR for 7 days, then just have him do regular release every 2-4 days or "do what he does". 5 days is not enough to ensure that his sperm count is lowered. Honestly, even 7-10 days doesn't really work, and it does cut odds of conception, so if you can't do FR and have to let it go, it's no biggie. It's the one attempt that works.

Your husband can do abstain at 34. But it hasn't gotten good results either (better than 50-50, but not as good as the overall results of the site, same as FR) so if you aren't feeling that, just skip it. None of these things are magic bullets, though, so you will always find people who did things that swayed pink and got opposites. It doesn't mean they don't sway a little, just that other things can counteract it.

Trying to regulate pH AFTER sex is like "shutting the barn door after the horse escaped" as some say. The sperm is already potentially up inside, and adding low pH stuff after the fact is pointless. If you want to use pH methods, I strongly urge you to use RepHresh (NOT REPLENS) every 3 days starting after your period ends, and going thru till just prior to O, stopping it 12-24 hours before your planned attempt. And then in addition to that, use Acijel or Sylk as a lubricant with intercourse - these jellies will drop pH fast and the sperm will have to swim thru it on the way to the cervix.

But that having been said a pH of 6-7 after sex is actually really GOOD - semen itself has pH of 7-8 range so if it's lower than that you're def. seeing a reduction from your pH. I personally don't think pH helps one bit but theoretically that's good to see.

Yep if you want to start off aiming at a 48 hour cutoff that's ok. We can change that up over time.

7. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! That helps me a lot. Now I'm more likely to know what to do .

Can you say something else about this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanini View Post
    Hello again,

I have one more question. I'm so sorry for asking you so much . I just want to make everything "perfect" because I really want a girl .

I read about Myo Inositol. I know it's for women with PCO, but could it be for me too? Before I became pregnant with my son, I had very long irregular cycles (50 to 70 days). During pregnancy I had gestational diabetes (only treated with diet). After the pregnancy, my blood sugar levels were still too high, but not yet in the range of diabetes. My cycles have been normal since my son was born, at least that settled itself. I don't have an official diagnosis of PCO, and not all of the symptoms suit me. But my blood sugar level is still sometimes in a high range after meals, but not yet in the range of diabetes. I put fat on my stomach quickly. Have a little bit of acne. Could it make sense for me to take Myo Inositol? What do you mean?

Thank you

For me that is the only uncertainty at the moment .

Tank you.

9. Likes cassie.anw liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanini View Post
    Hello again,

Thank you

Oh yes I think this must have posted while I was replying to your other question, it wasn't there when I started!

I would not personally choose myoinositol for you based on your history because you are already low enough in weight. I would suggest instead that you do the alternate PCOS diet instead. You would increase protein and fat totals to 50-60 g while keeping calories the same, use whole grains only, no white refined grain foods, use full fat dairy only, NO SKIM dairy at all (this is non-negotiable, not even part skim), and limit sugar strictly - no sweets, and while most people can have small amounts of sugar added into things like sauces and yogurt, don't go overboard even with added sugar. This will treat the PCO-tendencies (which I agree you have, even if you don't have the syndrome full blown)

PLEASE do not just add myoinositol in with a standard, very high carb LE Diet. Switch to the alternate LE Diet that's better for PCOSers.

If you really feel the need, AND you have switched diet types, then you can add in myoinositol if you would like, 1000 mg from AF-O, and 500 mg (or 1000 every other day) from O-AF, and at positive pregnancy test finish weaning off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per day, then you can drop it. But I would much rather see you switch diets, because I think you may lose weight very rapidly on the alternate diet with myoinositol, and the myoinositol ALONE without switching diets may not be pink friendly enough for you.

11. Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I already suspected that you would recommend the alternate LE diet . It will be very difficult for me. I can increase fat and protein, no skim dairy products are OK for me too, but giving up white grain and sweets is very tough for me. I'll do my best, but I'm sure I won't be able to do it strictly. Should I not take Myo Inositol if I am not following the alternate diet very strictly? What about supplements like Vitex and Saw Palmetto? Should I take that?

What do you think of this sway plan:

Diet and Exercises:
    - (alternate) LE diet
    - One hour of cardio exercise daily
    - No weight loss, weight should stay the same
    - Skip Breakfast
    - One glass of Alcohol daily
    - One glass of drink with aspartame daily
    - One glass of peppermint tea daily
    - DH is biking a lot
    (Unfortunately I don't drink coffee, I don't like it at all)

Supplements:
    - Magnesium, Calcium, Saw Palmetto, Vitex, Cranberry, Folic Acid, Fiber for DW
    - Magnesium, Calcium, Cranberry, OLE for DH

FR:
    DH does FR as often as he can.

PH control:
    I use Rephresh from the end of AF to about 12-24 hours before BD. During the BD we use Sylk as a lubricant.

BD:
    One attempt. Timing if possible approx. 48 hours before ovulation, or if OPK is positive.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally do not recommend myoinositol for anyone with your BMI who doesn't have full blown PCOS but if you want to take it I laid out the directions above.

You cannot assume that will make up for continuing to eat white refined grain and sugar though. It very well may not, which is why I don't use it that way. It's really more for people whose bodies just can't handle carbs even when they're trying hard to eat well, and NOT as a fix for "getting away with" eating too many carbs. I just can't guarantee it would work that way if you continue eating a lot of sweets. Your call to make just that I can't sign off on it.

I no longer recommend Vitex, SP, or peppermint tea (though 1 cup a day is usually well tolerated, if you must). They have caused massive amounts of side effects (delaying or even stopping ovulation, short LP, and cutting odds of conception) and have much lower results using them than not using them.

I do not recommend cranberry for women. It hasn't worked and has a lot of risks and side effects. Your husband needs to pick EITHER cranberry or OLE, not both. You take one or the other of those, do not mix them.

Everything else is looking good!

14. Thanks Lanini thanked for this post
    Likes Lanini liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you again Atomic . That helps me a lot and I have now adjusted the supplements. My sway plan is now ready .

The problem with my diet is less the sweets (I'm not a chocolate junkie) but more things like pasta and rice and baked goods . I try to eat less of it, but I can't do without it completely. I have my blood sugar under control, the values are usually in the normal range if I don't eat huge amounts. But I have a tendency towards PCO, which was more present before the pregnancy with my son, but is not completely gone now either.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast