Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic can you go over my sway

Hi atomic! I’m new to all this and am 8 months pp from having my little man! This will be our first month attempting to sway !

So far I’ve lost 10 lbs (somewhat of an le diet I haven’t been tracking due to a previous ED ) which leaves me around 22 ish BMI
    Been doing the diet for 6 weeks
    Im planning on abstaining for 12 days prior (hubby is 28) and one attempt at or right before positive opk.
    Ph has steadily been 4.5 or lower

Anything I should change? Any tips? Also I take progesterone at 3dpo for a luteal phase defect should that effect anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. When you do have that history of ED what we typically do is just have you go vegetarian without really dieting, and without tracking. What can happen (and all too often DOES) when you don't track, is that people cut back without really realizing it, till they're really not eating very much at all. BMI 21 is my cutoff point I want you guys to stop losing weight anyway, so I would just go vegetarian now at this point (and please use whole grains instead of white refined grains and sugary foods, and full fat dairy only, no skim or part skim dairy) and roll with that even if you end up not losing any more.

Why 12 days abstain per se?

Tell me more about your menstrual cycle and your luteal phase defect. Is this an ongoing thing?? Any tendencies towards PCOS?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes drinaudo1990 liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ll be sure to make the diet changes .for the most part I’ve been vegetarian , but sugar has been an issue .Hubby is away so that’s the reason behind the abstain. For next month if we aren’t successful do you suggest a shorter abstain or FR? I’ve always had short cycles even before my son with spotting between, not any other pcos indicators that I’m aware of. My OB Prescribed me progesterone and that seemed to work the first month so I start them 3 dpo Thanks for your reply.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's ok to have some sugar as long as you switch to mostly whole grains if possible. We're doing this more as a preventative and not because we know you need to do that, so if you need some sanity sugar carry on. Just as long as your diet is not based around sugar and white carbs.

Oh ok gotcha. If it was for that reason then no worries. I typically recommen 7-10 days abstain so I'd give that a go. I prefer abstain for men in your husband's age range because it's so much easier to pull off than the FR is - people mess up the FR all the time and it basically renders it pointless, so I like anyone who can abstain to do that to avoid the FR pitfalls.

6. Likes drinaudo1990 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes short cycles with spotting and a short LP doesn't really indicate PCO to me. May be an artifact of the history of ED. We need to be EXTRA careful that you are getting adequate fat intake - 50-60 g fat NOT counting the fat in fruit and veg. If you're willing I'd like to see you having a serving of full fat dairy every day, and 4-6 eggs a week if you eat them (otherwise just add in another serving of full fat dairy). Let's be sure your body has the raw materials you need to make progesterone and estrogen.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I figured abstain may be easier for to pull off as well lol. I’ve been avoiding eggs but I can add them back in for sure .I’ll make sure to add a few more veggies and stick with my full fat dairy, I do feel like I’ve been doing a lot of white carb stuff. I haven’t cut out breakfast because i tried and it was impossible for me personally . It’s interesting you said that because I have always thought my quick and sudden weight loss in the pass really messed up my hormonal balance unfortunately. Thanks for the advice

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can absolutely have some eggs. Not unlimited quantities but 4-6 a week plus whatever you use in cooking is absolutely fine.

Totally fine to eat breakfast if you need it. That's one little thing we do, yet for some reason people really overly focus on it even though it hasn't been outstanding results (just gets about the overall result of the diet as a whole - and we don't even know if it's adding anything beyond the diet itself.) If it makes it easier on you to have three evenly spaced meals, so be it.

11. Likes drinaudo1990 liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect thank you! I’ll keep you updated

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You can absolutely have some eggs. Not unlimited quantities but 4-6 a week plus whatever you use in cooking is absolutely fine.

Totally fine to eat breakfast if you need it. That's one little thing we do, yet for some reason people really overly focus on it even though it hasn't been outstanding results (just gets about the overall result of the diet as a whole - and we don't even know if it's adding anything beyond the diet itself.) If it makes it easier on you to have three evenly spaced meals, so be it.
    So update here. I was going pretty good (6 weeks on the diet ) then a close family member passed and knocked me off my diet so I’ve been off 2 weeks) is that going to completely throw me off . Also my last attempt I abstained and had a two day cut off and didn’t get pregnant unfortunately any suggestions on what to do? Moving to peak? Add another BD? I conceived my son with two baby dances one at 4 day cut off and on o day ,

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh, so sorry to hear that.

In most cases when people think they've completely messed up diet, they really haven't. Can you explain why exactly you think you've blown the diet? If it's just eating certain foods or even going over a little bit we can recover from that without needing to take more time on diet.

How did you determine your 2 day cutoff? Sometimes what people think is a 2 day cutoff was actually much longer. The remedy may be to stick with one attempt just closer to O, but before we do that I want to be sure you actually HAD a 2 day cutoff first.

16. Likes drinaudo1990 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast