Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hubby on energy drinks

Hi,

I just wanted to check if energy drinks are ok for hubby to have? He also has green tea sachets with 140mg if caffeine in them and a multivitamin daily?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When it comes to energy drinks the truth is - we don't know. Nothing husbands have taken (in terms of vitamins or "magic foods") has really seemed to matter for pink sways, other than eating an overall vegetarian/vegan diet, possibly with soy foods/milk. Based on our observations, it ~appears~ that men taking vitamins and eating fortified foods is ok, though I of course prefer to see them go off vitamins for pink sways.

Green tea, I like to see women drop because it may sway blue by raising estrogen (or thru some other mechanism) but again, it's ~likely~ but not proven that it's ok for men. Higher estrogen levels may help sway pink but I would not hang my hat on it and as a general rule I don't recommend tea for pink swayers because it very well could be some other chemistry in tea and have nothing to do with estrogen (nor is tea a particularly effective way to raise estrogen, and of course estrogen is not at all proven anyway and is just a mostly untested theory).

The thing with energy drinks that is curious is that anecdotally we have seen (both on the site and IRL) way more girls conceived with them. Now, this could be an artifact of having a less healthy lifestyle overall, or it could be the higher amount of caffeine having some effect, but there are also some herbs in energy drinks that could possibly sway. Additionally, sometimes too high doses of certain vitamins can be just as bad as not enough, so it's feasible but not proven that the massive amounts of vitamins in energy drinks might have some pink sway effect.

So, long story short, we honestly do not know, but based on our observations, energy drinks are better than the green tea, and the green tea is better than the multivitamin.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Purely anecdotal, but my twin girls were conceived with my husband drinking two Bang energy drinks a day, in spite of me telling him to stop until after we conceived. After my two miscarriages while trying we had a general fertility workup with labs done to identify any potential issues mainly due to age. The doctor advised against drinking energy drinks as some of the herbal stimulants can negatively impact sperm health in terms of morphology. I don’t know how much research is out there on this (I never looked), but the doctor felt the effects were enough to affect odds of conception. He was concerned about the herbal component, not the caffeine, having the effect.
    DH (43), DW (40)

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, not to hijack this thread but I hope you and the twins are doing well!!! Thank you so much for chiming in with your experience.

See, every once in a while I do find my medical kindred spirit out there! Too many docs are like "herbs, meh, they do nothing, take at will" (I assume because they don't want to acknowledge that herbs can actually act in medicinally active ways on the body!) but every once in a while a doctor has seen what I've seen - some of these herbs that seem so natural and harmless are actually doing stuff, and that stuff is NOT necessarily desirable!

But of course that having been said - may be good for pink!

6. Likes BunnyGirl19 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic! I dont think he could go without the energy drink and green tea drinks.

Also, for me I'm about to wean off my multi and probiotics.Can I take magnesium every other day? I find it helps me with sleep.

Whats your thoughts on stevia and erythitol? I will do the PCOS diet but I was hoping to keep one treat of hot chocolate(sugar free) almond milk/full cream or one coffee

I'm having soy milk at the moment.Can I keep this in my sway? its the bonsoy one.I love coffee, otherwise could I replace this with full cream flat white(small)

For dessert the days I need it(love sweets) I was thinking small scoop icecream with berries or yoghurt w berries?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I generally advise against any additional supplements that aren't necessary but many people have taken magnesium and still gotten girls. If you need it, it just cannot be swaying very hard since so many have still gotten girls using it.

Stevia is said by some to sway blue (due to pH stuff, which I don't believe in any more) But most people do like to skip it just in case. The erythitol is fine.

How much soy milk a day?

Yes both ice cream and yogurt are ok in limits, whichever you're in the mood for any given day!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Normally one cup of soy a day, just in coffee normally.I opted for this because it’s lower in sugar too normally milk, but perhaps nutritionally better? I can switch to full cream again if better?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer full fat milk. While soy 2-3 times a week is ok and allowed, more than that and I start to have concerns about the phytoestrogens in soy. We do not know how it sways and evidence is muddled, pointing every which way.