Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you sway too long?

I can't seem to find the percentages for the length of weeks spent swaying. I know it's somewhere.

But, anyway, I started this week, but my first attempt won't be until mid January. Is this too long? Should I wait until I'm 12 weeks away?

I don't want my body adapting.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like you guys to wait till 12 weeks before. It has nothing to do with your body "adapting"; while I do have that concern for some people, they are people who think "well, I'll do the LE Diet for 2 years before I even begin to try" or things like that.

We are trying to avoid the pitfalls where you go on so long on diet that you end up delaying or even stopping ovulation - many people will then panic and drop swaying entirely, and even if you don't do that, you'd end up having to sway somewhat blue to get your ovulation going again. It's better to start slow and sustainable, then to dive into the deep end, cut back too far, and have to relax on diet or even reverse course - your body can't help but see that as an improvement in condition, so it's best to avoid having to do that.

That having been said, according to my math (which is shaky, it's first thing in the morning, LOL) you're only a couple weeks beyond the 12 weeks anyway so if you wanted to ease into the diet for now, be a little more relaxed till say mid-October and then cut back a smidge more at that point, you could get some of the benefits without running the risk of going overboard too much too soon.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I like you guys to wait till 12 weeks before. It has nothing to do with your body "adapting"; while I do have that concern for some people, they are people who think "well, I'll do the LE Diet for 2 years before I even begin to try" or things like that.

We are trying to avoid the pitfalls where you go on so long on diet that you end up delaying or even stopping ovulation - many people will then panic and drop swaying entirely, and even if you don't do that, you'd end up having to sway somewhat blue to get your ovulation going again. It's better to start slow and sustainable, then to dive into the deep end, cut back too far, and have to relax on diet or even reverse course - your body can't help but see that as an improvement in condition, so it's best to avoid having to do that.

That having been said, according to my math (which is shaky, it's first thing in the morning, LOL) you're only a couple weeks beyond the 12 weeks anyway so if you wanted to ease into the diet for now, be a little more relaxed till say mid-October and then cut back a smidge more at that point, you could get some of the benefits without running the risk of going overboard too much too soon.
    I think I counted I'm 18 weeks from TTC.
    I do also have 60 pounds I can lose, which is why I wanted to start early.

I mostly plan on IF and avoiding meat. Sticking to 1,500 calories per day, most of it not being protein other than what I need.
    Coffee daily. Throw in some wine occasionally. Fiber daily.

However, I don't want to start exercising until 6 weeks before TTC, if that is okay. Even then I will just be walking since I'm so out of shape and even walking gets my heart going fast.

Then of course, one attempt when it's time. Just following husbands pace, so no FR or abstaining.

No supplements.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

oh no, I'm not sure that posted

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like it didn't post! Sorry if it did and I'm just rewriting all this.

So basically, I'm about 18 weeks out from ttc. I have 60 pounds I can lose.

My plan diet wise:
    IF
    Avoid meat
    1,500 calories a day
    Fiber.
    Coffee.
    Maybe wine.
    No supplements.

Exercise starting 6 weeks before.

One attempt. No FR or abstain, just husband's pace.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok cool, that means we have way more leeway with diet.

I strongly advise you to eat 1500-1800 cals a day - sticking to some arbitrary set amount like "1500" on the button is very tough and you end up cheating more often, if not outright binging on foods. You may even want to start off on 1800-2000 and see if weight comes off before reducing. It's better to start higher and then cut back, rather than starting off too low and having to increase (or not being able to stick with it) Low carb veg are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count them.

You need to track protein and fat - 50-60 g per day, not counting protein and fat in fruits and vegetables (in fruit and higher carb veg, count calories only, not fat or protein). DO NOT just "avoid protein", that never works, people end up not getting enough and with weight to spare we want to ensure that you're getting a good ratio of protein and fat to your carb intake, so you're not overeating carbs.

Try to hit these macros:

1800-2000 cals to start, then reduce over time to 1500-1800 cals if you need to (if weight loss continues at a good clip you'll probably be fine sticking with the higher cal intake)

50-60 g protein and fat

Also, choose whole grains, limit white grains as much as possible (though we do generally allow white pasta if you really can't stand the whole grain stuff)

Limit sugar or cut it out entirely

Full fat dairy only, NO skim or part skim dairy.

Fine to wait to start exercise, that is enough time, and it may help you stick with exercise if you've lost a bit to start with.

on letting him "do what he does".

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcelainmannequin View Post
    oh no, I'm not sure that posted

I just needed to approve it, the computer program thought it was spam for some reason

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok cool, that means we have way more leeway with diet.

I strongly advise you to eat 1500-1800 cals a day - sticking to some arbitrary set amount like "1500" on the button is very tough and you end up cheating more often, if not outright binging on foods. You may even want to start off on 1800-2000 and see if weight comes off before reducing. It's better to start higher and then cut back, rather than starting off too low and having to increase (or not being able to stick with it) Low carb veg are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count them.

You need to track protein and fat - 50-60 g per day, not counting protein and fat in fruits and vegetables (in fruit and higher carb veg, count calories only, not fat or protein). DO NOT just "avoid protein", that never works, people end up not getting enough and with weight to spare we want to ensure that you're getting a good ratio of protein and fat to your carb intake, so you're not overeating carbs.

Try to hit these macros:

1800-2000 cals to start, then reduce over time to 1500-1800 cals if you need to (if weight loss continues at a good clip you'll probably be fine sticking with the higher cal intake)

50-60 g protein and fat

Also, choose whole grains, limit white grains as much as possible (though we do generally allow white pasta if you really can't stand the whole grain stuff)

Limit sugar or cut it out entirely

Full fat dairy only, NO skim or part skim dairy.

Fine to wait to start exercise, that is enough time, and it may help you stick with exercise if you've lost a bit to start with.

on letting him "do what he does".
    okay, I will do 1,500-1,800.
    I just know I maintain at around 1,600 in my experience lol so I am afraid to jump too much higher.
    To lose weight, I've always done more like 1,200, but I am short.

But I will follow this, thank you for typing it out for me

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok! Start off at 1500-1800 and then see what happens - many people see weight loss with the protein/fat intake at a certain setting (50-60 g), plus the changes to whole grains, cutting sugar, and having full fat dairy only even though in the past they've not had weight loss at those calorie intakes. Then if you don't see weight shift, by all means cut back cals particularly if you're petite.

13. Likes Porcelainmannequin liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok! Start off at 1500-1800 and then see what happens - many people see weight loss with the protein/fat intake at a certain setting (50-60 g), plus the changes to whole grains, cutting sugar, and having full fat dairy only even though in the past they've not had weight loss at those calorie intakes. Then if you don't see weight shift, by all means cut back cals particularly if you're petite.
    Can I do a small amount of cinnamon in my coffee? I do have 60 pounds to spare and I saw it might be okay for that weight range

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast