Uploads
    And they didn’t say a word*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most doctors don't know. I was just put in this position where I've been able to observe, first with sway supplements and then later to extrapolate it to other things like fish oil and other herbal supplements, where it has been glaringly obvious to me that blood thinners are causing or contributing to SCH.

Occasionally eating yogurt with walnuts is GREAT. Some people have read that walnuts "aid implantation" so they're eating an insane amount of them and that coupled with other blood thinning supplements like DHA and cod liver oil and a host of other things can be too much and trigger or worsen bleeding. Are you off the DHA totally now?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gdelsolra01 View Post
    And they didn’t say a word*

Doctors' attitudes towards supplements is basically like "I can't be bothered to do any research and it's at your own risk, so whatevs" which is kind of unfortunate, since most of us expect they have some inkling regarding safety. :/

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Most doctors don't know. I was just put in this position where I've been able to observe, first with sway supplements and then later to extrapolate it to other things like fish oil and other herbal supplements, where it has been glaringly obvious to me that blood thinners are causing or contributing to SCH.

Occasionally eating yogurt with walnuts is GREAT. Some people have read that walnuts "aid implantation" so they're eating an insane amount of them and that coupled with other blood thinning supplements like DHA and cod liver oil and a host of other things can be too much and trigger or worsen bleeding. Are you off the DHA totally now?
    I’ve stopped taking it probably a couple days before reading your response. Then I was consciously not taking it. Finally after so many months still bleeding brownish (kind of spotting but a little more) it finally stopped. I am going tomorrow for my anatomy scan and hopeful for good news!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doctors' attitudes towards supplements is basically like "I can't be bothered to do any research and it's at your own risk, so whatevs" which is kind of unfortunate, since most of us expect they have some inkling regarding safety. :/
    That’s so annoying!! Thank you so much for giving me so much info. I was looking for a reason, which they never were able to answer, I know it could have been that or multiple other things. But just having a more specific reason is so calming. I caused me a lot of anxiety and well… the bleeding and watery blood coming out was so so scary. The doctor in emergency even without doing much research told me I was miscarrying and that they couldn’t do anything about it. Even after he saw the ultrasound and I asked him why it may have happened he said that miscarriages happen, but my situation wasn’t even a miscarriage. I know it may have not been his expertise which I don’t blame him at all but it was so confusing and only by speaking to a friend who her dad is a doctor he was able to explain to me more about what a SH is, and probable causes. Again thank you so much Atomic for all your knowledge. I really appreciate really learning and understanding what’s happening and love to meet people that are willing to enlighten and bring knowledge to others. I really really appreciate you!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gdelsolra01 View Post
    I’ve stopped taking it probably a couple days before reading your response. Then I was consciously not taking it. Finally after so many months still bleeding brownish (kind of spotting but a little more) it finally stopped. I am going tomorrow for my anatomy scan and hopeful for good news!

Not months sorry, weeks. 6ish-8 to be exact

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get that it's not their area of expertise, but bleeding in pregnancy is SO common that it's really quite ridiculous that doctors are not aware that a woman can have bleeding, even heavy bleeding, and have it not be a loss! Even if they don't know about the blood thinner connection, it seems like they should at least know, as ubiquitous as it is, that it is possible to have bleeding and have it still end happily!

I hope you get good news today! Please keep us updated!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I get that it's not their area of expertise, but bleeding in pregnancy is SO common that it's really quite ridiculous that doctors are not aware that a woman can have bleeding, even heavy bleeding, and have it not be a loss! Even if they don't know about the blood thinner connection, it seems like they should at least know, as ubiquitous as it is, that it is possible to have bleeding and have it still end happily!

I hope you get good news today! Please keep us updated!!
    Yes! And more if it’s a doctor in emergency. I hope people don’t go through the same experience. If it wasn’t for the kindness of the nurses I probably would have cried the whole time.

The hematoma got resolved! They couldn’t see anything in the anatomy scan. They did found a cyst in the brain which the doctor said she was not concerned about because I already did the genetic testing. It was a Choroid Plexus: RT CPC. She said it was small and could be just tissue that was mistaken. I googled it and it said that babies with trisomy 18 have it. Praying that it’s nothing as the doctor said. He has also had the bladder full and both kidneys has fluids. The right with 4.5 mm and the left with 3.5 mm. She said it’s common with boys and I do remember my first having that as well and needing an ultrasound to see if it got resolved.

I know I shouldn’t but I also get worried about his percentile. And more than I feel huge for just being 20 weeks. Like I feel I’m 30 weeks already. But he is in the 43%. I also think I conceived him later because they are calculating my cycles to be 28 days when I’ve consistently am 32 days. So maybe that’s why?

Maybe I’m stressing more because I am not taking as regularly my prenatal than I did with my first. I feel somewhat I’m failing the baby. I know a well balanced diet should be enough, I think it’s just placebo or peace of mind somehow that the prenatal gives me?

Would you recommend I take again the dha or should I not at all? I did recall taking dha + cod liver oil + yogurt and walnuts for breakfast. I don’t know if that’s a combo that made everything happen, plus rocking my toddler for an hour to make him fall asleep.

Sorry it’s so much info all over the place! Hope you are having a great start of the week Atomic!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345