Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! Quick update, had an ‘accidental’ first attempt. Accidental as in I wanted 1 attempt at +opk and we’ve ended up dtd about 2 days before ovulation, I have EWCM and faint line on opk so it will definitely be in a few days. I’d be happy with that but I never wanted DH to abstain, would have preferred some release or double release to not have ‘old sperm’. I’m worried about this because of quality, he is 32 and fit and healthy. He says it’s been around 7 days. I’m not sure if we should have another attempt to improve chances of better quality?
    Last edited by Emdy09; April 17th, 2022 at 02:48 AM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve decided to leave it at the one attempt. If I get BFN this month will just go for one attempt at opk and make sure DH has released before hand. I’ve had it planned for so long and had already decided to drop release before and just do one attempt. It is what it is now, I’m just bothered about a healthy baby and worry about his sperm but I am having faith in the human body’s ability to filter out the better quality sperm…I am definitely going to ovulate today or tomorrow. I’m on day 9 and consistently get +opk day 10 and O within 24 hours of that, I’ve got O cramps, EWCM.. I didn’t want a cut off but here we are.

General update on swaying. I continued running as my injury was better and planned to go for it and run the marathon, I got covid 6 days before! I wasn’t ill but couldn’t run it as I was still testing positive. I’m still running consistently and long distance. I’ve fallen off the diet somewhat, stopped tracking and have been eating out a lot and getting some take aways. I’ve stuck to 2/3 meals, veggie and fasting, I have been snacky on the days I long run as I am just so hungry. My calories have been around 2000/2200 but I’ve been running/walking 35ish miles a week. I’ve continued to drop weight and we’re talking about 2 weeks out of the last I don’t know how many months.

What is meant to be will be. I could have given it 110% and still get another boy, I could have done nothing and got a girl. I’ve told myself this was never a sure thing and it helped my relax more. My life is totally different to the couch potato, fast food binge eater I was when I had my boys. So let’s see what happens as we finally start our TTC journey after almost a year of push backs and trying to ‘perfect’ my sway. Our baby will be loved no matter what sex they are 🙂

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, you have no way to know when O will come in relation to this attempt though.

I have no concerns about the abstain, 32 is below when I only just barely start to have concerns (35) and 7 days is on the lower end of abstain anyway.

The real concern is that you're telling me you have a faint line on OPK, you think "it" (by which I assume you mean ovulation) will come in "a few days" and you are really not going to have good chances of conception if it's anything longer than 3 days absolute max, and more like 2 is better. You're only on CD 9 and I think the odds you'll conceive with that timing are slim for most people. If you're telling me you usually O on CD 11, that's one thing and I suppose it's ok if you want to try it, but if this is a month wher the egg drops CD 12-13-14 then you're basically having another month where you really haven't "tried" just because the chances of conception are low. Your call to make as long as you understand that!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, people who are doing that level of exercise often need additional calories. Let your weight be your guide. It sounds to me like you aren't even really off the diet if you're still vegetarian, still having the fast, etc. So I would have had you go ahead regardless. the vast majority of the time people think they're off the diet I ask more questions and they hadn 't even exceeded limits (2000-2200 is still in the cal range that many people need when swaying). You got this!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I’ll take that on board. I will keep an eye on opk and have another attempt at a + if I haven’t gotten it by tomorrow afternoon. I’m kind of just at the stage of it is what it is now. A lot of the swaying was already a part of my life before I even knew about it, but with my youngest son being almost 11 these changes have been way after I was pregnant with the boys. My problem with the diet was I was eating too little, still sticking to 1600/800 during the week and only eating more the days I’d ran longer. So eventually my body has just made me starving 24/7. I got covid and I honestly couldn’t stop eating the whole week! But I just went with it. I go over on fat all the time, it’s the cheese haha. I stopped tracking and just decided, no snacking and veggie will have to do. Thank you for getting back to me I’ll update in a few days

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok so if you're having issues over time not eating enough, then please don't worry if you've gone to a higher cal intake, you likely needed it.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have gotten a blazing +opk tonight on CD10. I’ve had a faint positive today but checked again at 9pm and it’s very dark. It’s been just over 48 hours since BD and thinking if I still get + tomorrow will have one more attempt as it will have been 3 days. I usually only get peak for 1 day and it goes. Had a look through other threads and if I was doing E4D method we’d BD again tomorrow, so will go with that. Anxious in just going to get BFN and so tempted for another attempt tonight �� this is so hard but what I get for not being careful!
    Last edited by Emdy09; April 18th, 2022 at 05:03 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok good I think you should absolutely add an attempt tomorrow. You're going to be covered that way and I just think it's for the best that you do NOT stick with the one attempt. I think that this is a good compromise between adding an attempt tonight, which you may end up regretting later on (many times people think back and wish they hadn't had an attempt before the e4d pattern) and yet still not chancing it that you aren't in with a good chance of success.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We didn’t BD the night I got +opk. So we BD sat night/tues night and I got +opk Monday night. I was getting negative opk by tues night.

So officially in the TWW. I’m not too confident of a BFP this month, but feeling confident with diet again after being wobbly with it the last few weeks. I will continue with everything except for alcohol as I’m just not comfortable with that. Will see what happens but next month will definitely be waiting for the +opk! Thanks for your input I really do appreciate it.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and pink dust headed your way!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast