Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, as expected I’ve got a BFN and AF arrived this morning

The last 2 cycles I have noticed EWCM has been a little sparse when I normally get tons of it. I know I have been eating too little calories most of the time and much to little protein for the exercise I have been doing. It was only the few weeks leading up to trying I slipped. My plan is to just re-coop but start adding salmon in 1x a week tuna 1x a week and eggs 1x a week, all within limits to try and get protein up? Good or bad idea? I do think this was just bad timing with the abstain, 3 day cut off and I know the 2nd attempt O had passed. So I’ve brushed myself down and ready to go again this month.

This time we will be doing 1 attempt at +opk. The TWW has killed me! I’ve also been taking pregnancy vitamins as I had them in and ran out of folate and couldn’t buy more when I already had that in. So I’ve been taking them for 10 days now. I will get more folate now though as I don’t want to keep taking them
    Last edited by Emdy09; May 2nd, 2022 at 07:22 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People get WAY too hung up on CM. Even when there is no visible CM, you can conceive. CM amount is something people overthink constantly leading them to change course in ways that are not helpful to their sway. I myself conceived (a boy, LOL) when I had NO visible CM at all, I didn't even realize I'd ovulated, and because I was way into the pH theory at that time, I was testing my mucus with pH sticks 2-3 times a day. It did not rise till after I was already pregnant. There just wasn't anything there to test.

I agree with your assessment that it just wasn't a well timed attempt. But yes, absolutely if you are not eating enough we must take steps straight away to correct that. My typical recommendation is 1 serving full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs per week, and one serving salmon per week. Tuna is often quite low fat (and tinned tuna often has NO fat) so I don't consider it as good a choice, but you can absolutely have it once a week, just that I don't consider it as a fix for fertility-related issues (such as not enough CM) since there's not the fat we like to see. Protein alone is really not great at fixing fertility issues. But if you aren't getting enough protein anyway, then absolutely within limits.

I would have you wean off the prenatals after having taken them for that length of time...you don't have to do it quite as slowly as if you'd been taking them all along, but definitely space them out over the course of about 10 more days before just dropping them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks for the reply, I was just curious about CM as I’ve always had uncomfortable amounts! I wondered if it was the running!

I don’t have a problem with fat and struggle to stay in the limits as I tend to eat nut butter, dairy butter, some cheese, hummus, oat milk, coconut milk in Curry and I don’t like the low fat stuff etc. I know on average I get 30-50g of protein and currently covering 35-50 miles a week running and walking. I get to a point where I am ALWAYS hungry and can’t get full and I think it’s the lack of protein. I am going to keep my calories at 2000ish and fat at 65g, I’m currently 55kg with AF so will drop a few kg when it passes, which will take me to bmi of 21

I will cut to one prenatal and then one every other day I did forgot to take the 2 tablets everyday.. I have ordered more folate to come tomorrow. Any reason I can’t just drop totally? I did this last year after finding GD

One positive is I can have a glass or 2 of wine tonight

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Running plus diet can cause less CM (and that may be part of how it sways) but there is nearly always more up inside where you can't see, and the semen acts as a "life raft" till the sperm can make it to the cervical crypts (which have CM in them, even if not quite enough is made to come out visibly)

Ok. 30 g protein is absolutely not enough and is not allowed on LE Diet and that is in people who are NOT running. People who are exercising as much as you are need more than the 40 g minumum. You are going to cause yourself serious harm in the long term if you continue doing that level of exercise without fueling your body adequately. I think you should immediately up your limits of both protein and fat to more like 60 g since you're running.

It's not safe to go off vitamins suddenly. You were on them long enough so your body "thought" hmm I have a ready supply of this stuff coming in, no need to save it from food (and may have even been excreting extra, if you had some things in excess, which is often the case with vitamin pills) and it takes time for the system to adjust. Going from supplemental amounts to nothing coming in can basically cause a deficiency since your body gets confused. We find it is best to wean off if you've been on it for longer than a few days, even if you seemed to get away with it in the past.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wondering what is considered a ‘positive’ opk? I’ve had faint lines since CD10 and it has got darker today so 2 lines but the test line wasn’t as dark as the control line but clearly there. My app said it was still top end negative, but I went with my gut and have had one attempt. I’m on CD13 and almost always O day 10/11 so can’t see me being days away from it. I won’t test again now as what’s done is done. F51D2B5B-F945-4204-8E30-C7527727B903.jpeg

This month is done now, but just incase it’s a BFN again.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, just looking through my app and they were pretty similar yesterday so hoping I haven’t missed it! I will post CD 10, 11 and 12

0459EEC3-EAD9-46AD-87CF-FB67F67ED766.jpeg
    F294BF3C-16B3-424B-90A1-D7D7FFC57BF4.jpeg
    F8EE5EEA-15CB-4F3B-935B-4C2634E82FDB.jpeg
    Last edited by Emdy09; May 14th, 2022 at 05:21 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, swaying can change cycles, so it may be you're Oing later than you expected. I'd keep testing. The test line is meant to be as dark or darker than control line, and a faint line is indeed negative. Those all are negative tests, but it is possible to have false negatives, where the hormone was higher in your blood than in your urine.

did you start testing earlier than that?? Your surge would come 24-36 hours prior so if you didn't start testing till CD 10, if you normally O on CD 10-11, that may have been too late.

You may want to continue testing OR go to e4d now to cover in case of delayed O. It's your call if you'd prefer not to do that, but I do think it's entirely possible that the egg just is coming a bit later this month.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I normally start testing from day 8 but this month I could tell I wasn’t near O at all that early in my cycle so didn’t test. I normally get a faint line one day, then the next day will be darker than control line which I class as positive too, then the day after it is faint than goes blank. I never get days of lines like this so kind of thought yesterday it mustn’t be getting darker. I did test again today and it’s the same as yesterday. I’ll probably attempt again Tuesday as It seems I’ve messed this cycle up again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep it may be you just missed it, but absolutely do attempt again in case of delayed O.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes we will try Tuesday too but I think O has passed. I checked back and I did opk on day 9 too and it was totally blank. So I got the high negative on Friday & Saturday dtd Saturday PM. I’m now getting very faint negative, so I just can’t see me getting a positive at all despite testing every day from CD9-14. I think next month will do e4d and forget opk. Will try CD9/CD13 - is this right? I am so over watching what I eat now! I never expected this and I know why you say don’t start before the 12 weeks!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast