Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm well in that case (blank OPK on CD 9) it's very likely that O is yet coming. Your strips can dance all around darker and lighter and darker and lighter, that means nothing. You absolutely still can get a positive OPK past CD 14!!

I would have you do the e4d in the 72 hour pattern, so CD 9 and 12.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have gotten blank opk today. Tested AM and PM and creamy CM, so guessing it’s past and I’ve missed it or not Oed at all. Saturday and Sunday I had some EWCM and Saturday I went off that and my usual signs O is coming plus higher opk so had the one attempt. I guess like you said you can have a consistent cycle forever and suddenly it decides to change! Notes taken for next cycle 🙂

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that's not the case really though. Because when you're making the hormones that can make your OPK get darker, those hormones are also what causes ovulatory symptoms, so if your test goes a bit darker and you have symptoms, then the OPK gets lighter and the symptoms go away, that doesn't necessarily mean that O has happened, it can be that your body has just decided "hmm maybe not just yet" and shut everything down. Then in a few days or a week or even longer than that, you'd get darkening OPK and symptoms all over again and in that case actually O. This can even happen 2-3-4 times before O finally occurs!! So while I trust your gut instinct, just do be aware that it can happen that way - you think you're gonna O, everything stops in its tracks, but you didn't O, and then it happens all over again a few days later, this time for reals.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I guess the only other option is I just missed the peak opk as I didn’t test from Saturday midday until Sunday AM. I do normally just get the one positive and it’s gone within 24 hours. Only time will tell! So maybe I’m in the TWW maybe not haha. I think we will have next month with 1 attempt again and then I will go to e4d. This is so tough, first son was a surprise after 1 attempt, second I had my IUD out, never had a period and was pregnant 4 weeks later…I’ll see the cycle 2 out and then on to cycle 3

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well no, there's also an option where you just had false negatives on OPK. That does happen sometimes and we can't know for now what's actually happening. I just don't want to see you assuming that you've Oed when you may not have yet.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok will just opk each afternoon to make sure this isn’t the case. Of course my cycles would change as soon as we TTC…no lie when I say I have had a 24 day cycle no give or take for 16 months O on day 10/11 without exemption. Even after taking emergency contraception over the summer! I think this is the knock on from marathon training. Never mind hey, just got to keep plodding on. I’m probably going to stay off here now until I get a BFP as I’m finally at a point that I’m not obsessing over swaying and it’s just my lifestyle. Thanks for the clarity on e4d and all your advice 🙂 hoping it isn’t too far away

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh well that does make sense, from the extra running absolutely that can happen.

FX for BFP!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So the inevitable happened and it seems I didn’t ovulate last cycle as I never got a peak and I am now in cycle day 34 of a usually very consistent 24 day cycle. I am not pregnant and there are no signs my period is on it’s way. I have tracked my cycles for over 2 years due to heavy bleeding and short cycles with my IUD and I have not once gone over 28 days.

So not sure where to go from here now. I think I will see my GP next week if no AF still. I’m going to plan my diet more carefully to include everything I need and lessen the running. I will stay vegetarian as it’s what I was before swaying, I started to include fish but it really makes me feel sick so I don’t want it. I have started having more eggs but also funny with them. Any tips welcome

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep in mind, though, that you can ovulate still (or have ovulated late). If you don't want to get pregnant at this point, you'll need to use birth control.

Yes, cut back on exercise and eat a bit more and that will fix the situation. If you don't care for fish and eggs, what DO you like?? We can just make up ground with foods you like and will eat rather than having to torture yourself!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I want to get pregnant I am now just confused and upset over what my body is doing. I’m now worried about how I am going to even get pregnant. I have still been using opks and nothing I’d be happy to ovulate again as I really wanted a baby in winter as I have 2 summer babies and that window is now passing as I expected it to happen right away.

A few months back I was eating really well and I fell off that and went back to toast/bagels and quite a lot of non nutritious foods and eating quite low protein most of the time all whilst training for a marathon. I also started eating quite a lot of sugar again about 6 weeks ago. So I am going to go back to things like chickpeas/lentils/beans/seeds/nuts etc etc and make sure I’m getting enough protein/iron. A plant based diet and really try to stick to 2000 calories and refuel before/after runs. I have been very naive going in to this expecting to do these things and nothing will change.

Done another FRER today as a triple check and still negative. I will see the DR by Monday and ask for bloods/hormone checks if still no AF!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast