Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hashimotos and conceiving a girl

Hi everyone I am currently 8wks pregnant with my second
    I have a daughter who is 8 and developed Hashimotos about 8 months after her birth
    I did try and sway this pregnancy as best I could however I’ve seen a lot of people claim people with Hashimotos mainly conceive boys
    As far as I know I do not have pcos and my gyn wouldn’t test me since she said my period were regular for the most part and if my hormones were off they wouldn’t be regular
    My tsh at time of conception was 0.22 which is “hyper” and low for me but I assume my dieting and losing significant weight did that
    Has anyone had luck conceiving a girl with Hashimotos or are the odds against me
    I will say I did not stress at all about my swaying up until now and now I’m second guessing everything
    Thank you girls for your insight

2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes people can and do conceive girls with Hashimotos. You very likely had the tendencies towards developing it all along so even when you conceived your daughter you had tendencies that way.

PCOS and Hashimotos often appear together, that is why people think there's a link between Hashi and boy moms. You can have tendencies towards PCO and never get it because your lifestyle doesn't favor it. So even if you don't have it full blown, I love to see Hashimotos swayers watching their carb intake and following the alternate diet. But if you didn't, that's ok, because most people are eating fewer carbs than they were prior to swaying on the standard LE Diet.

I have quite a few swayers who have Hashimotos and still get girls. This wasn't something that occurred to me to track ever, but I do have many many people with Hashimotos both with and without PCO that get girls with swaying. Good luck and pink dust!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic! I figured it was due to the fact that people with Hashimoto’s tend to have pcos or pcos tendencies. I did try and follow the le pcos style diet as best I could. I was really only doing 1-2 meals a day and it was typically just a dinner and I always ate blueberries for a snack at night. I of course now worry that I ate blueberries daily and they are so nutritious along with I always either ate chicken at dinner or turkey hotdogs but I think I was pretty good with protein not being over. I also never had bread or pasta, if I did wraps they were whole grain with the occasional white flour wrap if I had no choice so very few carbs coming from bread products. Seems most came from my blueberries. I was also sugar free unless something had hidden or natural sugar. I’m sure you see this quite frequently, women second guessing there sways haha like I said I was not stressing on my sway at all until now

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are no magic foods. You can eat blueberries and chicken. Hot dogs are fine (I had them when I got my DD) The LE Diet, particularly the alternate one, does NOT need to be meat free. It's limits, limits, limits. The only reason I have the diet as low/no meat is because it makes it easier to stick within the limits. When people get overly focused on chicken in particular, because chicken is low cal and high protein, they end up eating their limit of protein in chicken alone and have only eaten like 400 calories. Then what do they eat the rest of the day?? This ends up being a terrible starvation diet where people are eating gummy worms, cucumbers, and chicken, barely any fat and not enough cals because they "spent" too many cals on chicken. For some reason people have this idea in their brains that chicken is somehow good for fertility but it's really just protein and nothing beyond that and it's not particularly beneficial for conception!!

I think you did a great job on diet - better than most people! Though I would have preferred to see you eat more, if you're worried your diet was too MUCH food that is absolutely not the case at all.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I appreciate your insight so much. I’m trying not to second guess my sway. I will say there were plenty of times I was eating “bad” food mainly French fries �� such a down fall of mine but those were days I only ate one meal so I felt it was fine as long as I was in my limits. I was just getting worried when seeing all this talk about Hashimoto’s and getting boys. I didn’t even put much thought into my thyroid causing me to sway boy but makes sense that it’s not the thyroid or meds itself leaning bit it’s the pco tendencies which hopefully I corrected with diet. If anything I am super happy with how I felt on the diet and even lost 50lbs since May! I think the weight loss improved my thyroid function as it was considered “hyper” right before I got my bfp. Now I did have my tsh checked since getting my bfp and it did rise to a 2.2 but still in normal range so I’m super happy with the way the diet worked for me. I really appreciate all of your help.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that's fantastic. You did everything in your power (a few fries now and then is 100% allowed, cheating is allowed on LE Diet, even the alt. version) and you have just as much chance of getting a girl as anyone. No sway is a guarantee of course but you did a great job, please don't beat yourself up because there's no cause whatsoever.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much! I really did try my best and the perk of the diet was it made me feel so much better and lose weight! I never thought I’d be 50lbs lighter and as quickly as I lost it. I will definitely update once I find out gender and I’ll see if I get any good nub shots at 12/13wk ultrasound

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep us posted!