Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you

Yes I read some research article once that did ultrasound with bbt charting & they concluded that it wasn't possible to pinpoint ovulation with bbt by up to 48hrs! It was valuable to confirm ovulation HAD happened but not extremely precisely when. I will say we concieved my DD when I felt er the friskiest & that's why we attempted cz my OPKs were sketchy. I never get a true + but they do get darker. Makes it tricky doing one attempt with PCOS cz I have false starts at O.

Re diet, I found last time I'd use up my fat & protein allowance then have say 100cals leftover, but nothing to eat that didn't add to my protein and fat except maybe rice crackers (I'm gluten intolerant) that are quite high GI. This might have contributed to the weight loss. If I'm on 1500mg met maybe it's not so crucial?

Hubby took OLE last time, would you still have him do that if willing?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    2013 2017 2018 2019 2020 2023

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also have you got stats on using hormones?
    I know the pill sways pink but other forms no?
    I have estrodot 25mcg & uterogestan 100mg I can either insert or take orally (inserting hopefully bypass the negative mood effects of progesterone for me).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly!!! One temp or even two can always be a fluke in either direction, AND people also which is why the Natural Family Planning people use three high temps to prove ovulation.

But feeling frisky is definitely a good sign that O is coming!

What about fruit and veg?? That is my go to for PCOSers to add calories, because fruit and veg are free for protein and fat!

You are absolutely right, though, when you're on Metformin (and that's a fairly high dose) the rules are different and you can generally tolerate more carbs.

Another thing we can consider is simply increasing your protein and/or fat limits by 5 g to 65 or even 70. Everyone is a bit different and some people simply need a bit more to make it thru the day.

OLE is fine if he'd like to take it, personally I'm far from convinced it does anything but it doesn't seem to HURT anything either!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Kiwimaz thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are so few people who have used them that I haven't kept stats on hormone use, sorry. I generally try to discourage it because the way they're suggested to be used on the old school sway sites really drastically interferes with ovulation (they're using progesterone in the follicular phase, which shuts O down cold). There are a few people who have needed estrogen along with Clomid or injectables, but again we're adding variables with that that would simply confuse matters.

Inserting the progesterone is more effective and I don't recommend the oral route.

7. Thanks Kiwimaz thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you x

I took EPO (plus omega 3 to balance) with my boys & dropped it for my girl but in your essay on fats it suggests EPO may be ok for pink. Could I take it 3x a wk or would you have me drop it?

Yes I read alot of people having ART are prescribed patches to thicken their lining. Some stats on that & gender would be handy!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not feel we have the information to draw a conclusion about EPO. I myself and several others did get boys while taking it, but we have also seen a lot of girls conceived to blue swayers taking high doses (and high doses are also not safe for anyone to take because it can thin the blood). Thus, I don't feel good about recommending it to anyone at this point. Just use canola or other vegetable oils for cooking and cut back on intake of things that are very rich in Omega 3 (like fish oil supplements)

Well, when using ART there are lots and lots of other variables that people are doing and so that data is not reliable or useful. It would only mislead, because they're taking medication, using various methods to wash the sperm, are often doing ICSI or IUI, and in most cases are doing everything possible to boost fertility, including taking various supplements that we are not taking. I do not think that data is helpful and would only add a lot of confusion to what we're doing here.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I thought about that afterwards, there's so many other variables for people having treatment.

Thank you, I'll wean off the EPO. I won't get DH doing anything but the one attempt. He's not that motivated this time, wanting a more 'natural' feel to it all.

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey we have been having a chat about having an attempt this cycle as the end of the year fits well with our household. Planning on doing 1 attempt only like last time.
    Re exercise- it's summer here so there's been good hard walks but nothing structured like X days a week. But, as a Mum I'm on my feet all day except maybe 30mins to eat & occasionally an hour of admin. Does this count?
    Re diet & weight, my BMI has dropped 2 points in the last 4mths from 22.5-20.5. I haven't been trying hard or tracking, just more exercise, less treats, less snacking, smaller portions etc. Last of baby weight coming off.
    I think some girl diet things have stuck like having smaller meat portions & being less afraid of carbs (at least low GI ones). I would estimate my last few months fat intake around 60-65g & protein 70-75g before going back on diet properly this month. I'm not feeling hungry on the diet like I did when swaying last time which suggests to me it's not a big change.
    Anyway, all this being said, weight loss like I mention that wasn't strictly LE PCOS but not too far from it (definitely not paleo or low carb), will that still sway pink?
    Trying to weigh up attempting this cycle or delaying 2 more for more time on diet proper. But that does then put us Feb/March due.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I don't count it as exercise (because if I did, it's a slippery slope kind of thing and I'd have people saying they did exercise when they really didn't, and were only just busy with day to day child care) we do count people who are literally on their feet working hard for 8-10 hours a day (like nurses, factory workers, waitresses, that sort of thing) as having exercised. Just keep in mind that exercise works, and is important, so it's best to actually do exercise, but if you truly can't due to working very long hours, then it's ok. But only you can decide if you really DID that. I've just seen too many people tell me they decided not to exercise because they "chased the kids around all day" and get opposites doing that, so I can't sign off on it for anyone, have to toss the decision back to you guys.

That's why I prefer to see people track at least somewhat, because weight loss can sneak up on you. It's fine if you prefer not to, just be sure you're eating enough to keep weight stable from here on.

Any changes you make in your diet in a more pink friendly direction will sway. I HAD to make the LE Diet guidelines simply to prevent people from starving themselves (which they did without guidelines) but as long as you've moved in a direction of less, that sways pink.

First and foremost use what is right for you and your family as a guide. If you need to try right now, do! If that's what is best, do. Because people do all this stuff and still get opposites, or go for it and have success, and there's no way to know for sure if waiting is good or if going for it is good, because we can't know what the opposite decision would have brought with it!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic yeah I do think I'm really quite active (& we have 2 stories with living upstairs & laundry downstairs ) but I wouldn't think its as pink as when I was exercising swaying for my DD, but probably pinker than when I concieved my boys which was office work plus gym or breastfeeding/pumping quite a bit and gym (& the breastfeeding appetite).
    I'd rather exercise going forward but don't really want to stop ovulating (Femara did cost alot cz of the monitoring) so I guess it's deciding how hard we want to sway.
    All that said, there's no guarantee of falling straight away, so by the time I did I might have more pink diet & exercise clocked!

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast