Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have totals for fat, protein, and calories??? When you say "5 g fat/protein to play with" does that mean you're getting 55 g fat and protein? Are you counting protein and fat in fruit and veg?

200 g carbs is nothing. That is still quite low carb. Many "maintenance" phases in various low carb diets are 150 g carbs and many many people eat 300 g carbs all the time on a 2000 cal diet (in fact, that's what the US FDA recommends as a healthy diet!)

Why are you eating low fat ice cream and gluten free cookies? Is there a reason??

Being on metformin even if you WERE eating more like 300+ grams of carbs a day it wouldn't be delaying your ovulation. My gut is still that it's the estrogen patches. I don't KNOW that as a fact but it's the one thing that's different.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Do you have totals for fat, protein, and calories??? When you say "5 g fat/protein to play with" does that mean you're getting 55 g fat and protein? Are you counting protein and fat in fruit and veg?

200 g carbs is nothing. That is still quite low carb. Many "maintenance" phases in various low carb diets are 150 g carbs and many many people eat 300 g carbs all the time on a 2000 cal diet (in fact, that's what the US FDA recommends as a healthy diet!)

Why are you eating low fat ice cream and gluten free cookies? Is there a reason??

Being on metformin even if you WERE eating more like 300+ grams of carbs a day it wouldn't be delaying your ovulation. My gut is still that it's the estrogen patches. I don't KNOW that as a fact but it's the one thing that's different.
    Yeah so yesterday for example, I did some exercise and ate 1435cals according to my fitness pal, 187g carbs, 52g fat, 59g protein.
    I enter fruit and starchy vege into my diary but not like green beans or lettuce. So it is counting protein and fat in fruit and veg but I always shoot for 60g of those, sometimes go to 65g protein if I need to (this happens more when I've exercised more). So if after dinner I'm at 50 or 55g either/each protein and fat (its usually fat I have left to eat rather than protein) I will have 'dessert' or supper but its all logged in my food diary. I had the ice cream last night, a 60g serve, and it was within those counts written above. I guess its helping me not binge as I do feel like it sometimes! And I eat those things because I like them lol. Are you saying the sugar in them will undermine my sway? These cookies are more naughty due to the fat in them than anything else.
    2013 2017 2018 2019 2020 2023

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To be fair I've been fighting a virus & last Sunday/Monday started feeling worse I've been to the Dr & he said I have an ear infection... looking at my chart I was gearing up to O last weekend then didn't & that might be why.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would advise just as a general rule shooting for 65 g then. This will make up for the pro and fat in fruits and veg. I know to you guys this just seems like a simple little detail not worth worrying about but it is of paramount importance. I can't even tell you the number of times that people swear to me they're getting plenty of protein and fat, then I have them add up their totals and they realize they were missing the mark by 10-15, even 20 grams at times.

187 g carbs is not high carbs at all whatsoever so that is probably just fine if that's what you're really getting per day.

Low fat and gluten free foods are invariably higher in carbs than their full fat versions. I really don't like to see anyone on the alternate diet eating them. I'd rather see you guys cheat on full fat, sugar sweetened things (like a scoop of real ice cream instead of low fat ice cream) because the fat in them helps slow down the blood sugar raises that carbs can trigger in people with insulin sensitivity. Your blood sugar doesn't rise so high and so fast. Foods with a reasonable amount of fat along with the carbs also prevent you from being so hungry and would probably reduce your desire to have those treats as often. Plus, low fat and skim dairy is the DEVIL for blood sugar and it violates the rule of "no skim dairy".

Fat within limits is not "naughty." You need 50-60 g protein and fat, by which I mean real fat not the non-existent "fat" that the government says are in fruit and veg because they round everything up, so things that have microscopic amounts of fat in them are automatically said to have 1 gram, for the alternate LE Diet to work. So right away you're selling yourself short by not having the full fat amount you can have. Eat 60 g protein/fat as a matter of course! Even 65! But don't be so nervous about protein and fat that now you switch over to basically the standard LE because it just hasn't been as effective particularly for anyone with PCO-tendencies.

Now, can you make up for what you're doing with metformin, possibly. But a fair number
    of the people who have gotten opposites on the alt diet + metformin are the ones who shrug their shoulders and eat sugar anyway thinking that the metformin will make it up. Here's one of the people who went this route and got a boy (actually TWO failed sways) https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ight=roma+rose

Cheating is fine and allowed on LE Diet. As needed for sanity and circumstance, and whenever it's really helping you not to binge (I would do the full fat ice cream tho). This isn't carte blanche to then add in ice cream and cookies every day, with or without metformin. I can't really tell exactly how much you're having them but ideally you'd be looking for ways to make up those calories without resorting to cookies and ice cream whenever possible. I would honestly prefer to see a PCOSer upping pro and fat totals to 65 or even 70 g then be eating sugar to make up calories.

Fruit, starchy veg, whole grains (whole grain sweets are better than gluten free, so something like whole grain toast with butter and a little Nutella or jam is one way to go) dairy, those are the things to make up calories with. And if you just need to cheat to make it through, ditch gluten free and low fat/fat free product, particularly when they involve low fat or skim dairy.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwimaz View Post
    To be fair I've been fighting a virus & last Sunday/Monday started feeling worse I've been to the Dr & he said I have an ear infection... looking at my chart I was gearing up to O last weekend then didn't & that might be why.

Oh well, that may be the entire reason right there!! Feel better soon!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you that's really helpful with the foods as it's actually savoury protein and fat foods I'm craving most. My skin is pretty bad & my facial hair does seem a bit worse this cycle but whether it's down to how I'm eating or the delayed O for other reasons I can't be sure.
    I have to eat gluten free, I can't tolerate gluten at all. These cookies have 6g fat but 12g carbs (4g from sugar), so i think when i was breastfeeding I had to keep in mind how calorie dense they were due to the constant hunger. The low fat ice cream is 2.5% is actually new this week, I have been probably realistically snacking on chocolate in the evenings more but I think if I can eat more pro & fat I won't be craving as bad.

Last edited by Kiwimaz; March 17th, 2022 at 02:48 PM.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh ok then if you need to be gluten free that is fine! Carry on with that. I have a surprising number of people who eat gluten free stuff thinking it must be lower in carbs than wheat stuff so I jumped to the conclusion that's what you were doing there, sorry! Carry on with those as they probably are a good way for you to get some cals in when you need to.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh heck no gf is usually lower in fibre & protein but I do try to incorporate fibre or fat or protein to slow down its digestion or like have the cookie after a balanced meal with heaps of veggies to slow that blood sugar response.

Ewcm yesterday we dtd last night... hoping today's the day!!!
    I think I'll drop the estrogen next cycle I'm just reluctant to right now & throw things off by shocking my body.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Perfect, and perfect timing too!

Some people get really mixed up between "whole grains" and "gluten" for some reason!

Awesome!! FXFXFX and pink dust headed your way!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, still waiting to ovulate here!
    Lots of false starts, my head feels all over the place tbh. I've dropped the estrogen, still getting ewcm here & there & lots of pressure in my ovaries but not surging obviously.
    It's CD39 today & looking through my charts, the cycle before conceiving my DD I Ovd CD42, which is very late for me & one reason I asked for Femara (& concieved on it).
    So although my weight is steady at BMI 20.5, I do wonder if there might be something about the diet or vitamin boundaries that's hindering things. Praying it'll happen CD42 again. It cost about $1000 doing Femara here so hoping to avoid if possible.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast