Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying again after my successful 2020 sway

I had a custom plan in 2019 & had our 1st girl after 3 boys end of 2020 (thank you Atomic!!!). We are looking to sway again to give our little girl a sister.
    Has anything changed in the tactics the last 2yrs?
    I'm not on any contraception but we A: don't DTD alot cz well we have 4 kids & B: use other ways to avoid pregnancy but IF we had a whoops I'd kinda like to be on a lighter fat & protein diet now. We're ok with pink or blue but for our daughter & ease with things in the house pink would be great!
    My weight is currently 57.5kg & I was 54.5kg when I concieved my daughter. I don't feel like I have much wiggle room so I guess my other question is how should I mostly maintain my weight while reining in my protein & fat... I'm kinda back to my boy mom steak & cheese diet
    Looking to ideally fall preg in September but probably start trying July as my cycles usually run 6wks (PCOS). I'm 38 next month.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    2013 2017 2018 2019 2020 2023

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi!!! We will also be trying for a Girl soon after a successful boy sway in 2021.

What did you do for your girl sway last time?
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, we haven't changed anything because our results have been quite consistent. Now, you may have been doing things in your sway that were different and I'm happy to go over that if you'd like. I would def. have you on the alternate PCOS-type diet (which is healthier overall anyway) But just try to hold steady on weight so you don't waste away to nothing!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic that would be awesome. Did you want to do that in this thread?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes absolutely, hit me!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by treens View Post
    Hi!!! We will also be trying for a Girl soon after a successful boy sway in 2021.

What did you do for your girl sway last time?
    Hey I changed ALOT about my diet especially and also frequency of unprotected sex. If you follow this thread I'll post what I did

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes absolutely, hit me!
    Ok so I'm 38 shortly and hubby will be 37 this year but we do seem to have high fertility as we have got preg first time with all but my daughter, which was second time (& I think I used acijel that cycle duh).

Last sway I did the Pcos LE and did the max protein and fat allowance usually as it was still way less than my usual. I used myfitnesspal to track allowances very religiously but not obsessively if that makes sense.

We did one attempt at ovulation and I didn't have any unprotected sex since the cycle before we started trying (ended up conceiving 0-3). Pretty sure hubby was left to just do what he wanted around that.

I did only cardio (no weights like with my boys) but usually only 30min sessions 3 or 4 days a week due to time constraints and not keeping weight on.

Was on metformin 3x day and took Femara (Femara may not be an option this time but I am on Met again).

I was recently prescribed estrogen patches and micronised progesterone for hormonal/mood difficulties.
    Do you think this will sway? I'm hoping the 25mg patch won't stop ovulation and I can use the progesterone after I O (she wouldn't prescribe the patch without progesterone) although its pretty pointless anyway then. Its really for if I stop ovulating. She said to stop the patch if I fall preg and the progesterone it didn't matter either way. Obviously if I stop ovulating I'll have to put the patch aside anyway.

I cut way way back on suppplements. I was a long time user of vitamins, oil supps and probiotics. From memory I took zinc/thorne pic mins and a probiotic 3x a week and just folate daily. I do have trouble with depression and fatigue when my zinc level isn't maintained and vit C also helps with this by depressing copper.
    I currently take 500mg/day vit c. I take 1/4 of a b complex tablet I probably need to stop for pink. Have also had iron and b12 injections in the last few months.

With my diet I did cut way back on dairy as I'm a big dairy eater and felt that may have been a factor with my boys. I used some dairy free alternatives but all within daily limits.

I loosened up heaps on being pedantic about using natural cleaners and body care products etc and embraced my feminine side more by wearing my skirts/dresses, painting my toenails, wearing my hair out etc.

I still have my data in myfitnesspal I went from 62kg to 54.5kg last time, this time I started at 62.5kg and have 3kg left to my daughter's conception weight (this hasn't been doing LE, its just coming off). I conceived my sons at around 58kg except for the 3rd where I hadn't lost all the baby weight yet.

So is there anything you'd change? Is there something I'm missing?
    What does folate would you suggest? I'm taking iodine as well as we are really deficient over here.
    Last edited by Kiwimaz; February 4th, 2022 at 02:32 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh your new avatar!!! What a beauty!

So if you were on Femara, how do you know you conceived with an attempt O-3? Just curious.

100% continue with LE PCOS type. If there's any way to eat enough to keep weight on and up the exercise great, if you can't, then I like PCOSers to exercise even if they can't get up to the full amount cause the benefits to blood sugar control. You probably don't need to track so thoroughly this time.

I would not be using the patches with the hormones in them. I just do not think it's wise both for the sake of your sway, but also for keeping your cycle regular. If you do need to use these, you actually MUST use the progesterone, there's a reason why she gave them to you it's because your body is going to get incredibly screwed up just using estrogen alone. You're meant to be higher in estrogen and then higher in progesterone and we don't want one to happen without the other.

I would rather see you do just the zinc and C and not the picmins if you feel u must continue with zinc. There is quite a lot of chromium and Boron in there, I'm not certain that is safe.

Are you actually low in B12 and iron or is this just something someone has recommended? The rules are different when you're actually low in things. We may want you to continue the B vitamins in some pattern or another.

Fine to take iodine if you need it. I actually give quite a lot of people iodine.

Can you tell me in terms of BMI how your weight went while swaying?? KG alone doesn't help me without knowing your BMI or your height.

I don't suggest brands, just any folate that you can get easily and is a name brand you trust is fine. As long as it doesn't have lots of other added ingredients.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey yes I was low in B12 & particularly iron. I had a moderate PPH with my daughter & its taken ages to restore my levels but my last draw was 54 so I won't be having anymore iron unless it gets down to 20. B12 at my discretion although with metformin they will monitor it when checking my iron quarterly.

Re the patches- ok I hear you. It's for PMDD, the other options were patches plus Mirena, patches plus cryptocerone (sp?) acetate, zoladex or hysterectomy with ovectomy lol. Not many are compatible with TTC which is one of the reasons I was given Femara last time to hurry things along. I already ovulated this cycle, I'm wondering I give the treatment a go next cycle too, so I know if it helps PMDD, then put it aside to TTC. I dont know yet if the patch will stop me ovulating at that low dose. If it does I guess there's always Femara I do have signs of low estrogen, probably due to PCOS but my 7 day post O progesterone draws have always been stellar.

My question with folate was around the dose sorry- should I take 800mcg? Mine is folinic acid drops, 1 drop 400mcg.

I knew the 0-3 because I was being monitored on Femara with ultrasound, using OPKs & temping. Then had an early scan with my NIPT which put baby at the age fertility friend said - although I'll admit I felt by my signs I O'd one or two days earlier than my crosshairs but FF is almost never wrong for me.

I'm 166cm tall so
    58kg is BMI of 21
    54kg is BMI of 19.6

I would still track protein & fat intake I think because honestly, sometimes I'm sure I'd eat double the allowance on LE PCOS if just eating what I eat

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent! I have a lot of people who simply medicate themselves under assumptions with no proof they have need of those things. We can also do a maintenance dose which would be iron 2x a week and then daily during period, and B12 once a week, twice if you're not eating eggs and dairy very often or if you're feeling run down.

Ok. If it's a true medical need thing then go right ahead with the treatment. The rules are always different when people actually are in need of something.

I recommend 1200-1600 mcg folate or folic acid. Take this while swaying, then thru the whole first trimester of pregnancy and then wean off gradually by spacing doses further and further out till down to just the amount in a prenatal.

Brilliant! Thanks for letting me know how your O-3 was determined! I wish everyone had that level of specificity! I am inclined to agree with you that you likely Oed a day or two sooner because we have such dreadful conception rates with O-3 but we can't truly ever know for sure short of having an ultrasound right around O time.

Ok so I would have you just try to hold steady at BMI 21 and then if a couple extra lbs comes off over time that's no biggie. I'd not deliberately try to get to BMI 19.6 before holding steady, start trying to hold steady a bit sooner to prevent potentially losing too much weight.

It's fine to track as long as that works for YOU! Many people find that tracking too much just contributes to the "swaycession" feelings and makes them control freakish.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast