Thread: low bp

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

low bp

hi boy moms
    how did you guys keep your blood sugar high without gaining weight?
    and I have low bp almost all the time there was a study about moms with low blood pressure conceiving girls is it true?
    Last edited by wantinfo9; August 1st, 2023 at 05:56 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have two boys (and a girl) and have subclinical low bp...just watching with interest!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All you need to do to keep your blood sugar up is to eat regular meals. You don't need to stuff yourself. Most of us with all boys are actually not super skinny but not overweight, just sort of middle of the road. We eat regular meals and don't deprive ourselves, but we don't gain weight because we are typically carrying more muscle mass. So be sure you're exercising if at all possible. You should limit things like sugar, breads/grains, dry fruit and even fruit juice, and bananas and potatoes in moderation. Focus on meat/protein foods + fruit/veg and then whatever wiggle room you have left, you can have other foods IF you have the room in your diet for them. You shouldn't be overeating or gaining more than 3-5 lbs for most people (some who are underweight may need to gain more like 10 lbs). If you are gaining weight super fast, please let me know and I'll help you change your diet and exercise to get that under control.

One study found a small difference in the average blood pressure between boys and girls conceptions. It was SMALL - 103 vs. 106 (please note, in both cases, this is still LOW BLOOD PRESSURE as "normal" is 120.) The researchers have stated very clearly that they do not believe it's the blood pressure itself that is altering the gender ratio, but that it's indicative of overall physiological differences between boy and girl moms. This we already know - girl moms tend to eat more lightly, many girl moms are very thin, we see vegetarians and vegans overrepresented in women with all girls, exercising a lot both sways pink and causes lower blood pressure, that sort of thing. So this is not something to look at and think "well I have low blood pressure, I can't get a boy" because the truth is, most young women HAVE low blood pressure anyway, the women in the study had low blood pressure, even the ones that went on to conceive boys, and it's all but certainly a sign not of something that is swaying on its own but as a result of things that a person is doing that may sway - being too skinny, not eating meat, exercising a lot, that sort of thing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh geez well I have 4 sons and my normal blood pressure is 90/60 to 100/60.
    Perhaps on average, boy moms are more control freakish & that drives it up higher. My close friends who are girl moms certainly roll with things more than I do.
    Or perhaps it's the meal skipping & low iron among girl moms because they eat less meat? I can totally see how lifestyle factors that sway could influence blood pressure.
    Last edited by Kiwimaz; August 7th, 2023 at 10:19 PM.
    2013 2017 2018 2019 2020 2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You guys, I cannot stress to you enough how I do NOT want any of you reading this post and worrying about this. The difference between girl and boy moms was MINUSCULE - 103 vs. 106 systolic (that's the first number). Both of these are significantly LOWER than average readings. And, they are averages meaning that many people in both groups had higher or lower numbers than that. Plenty of boy moms had lower numbers, plenty of girl moms had higher numbers. Averages take many, many people to figure out and any one person in an average may be above or below the average (if you split the average between someone who has $0, and someone who has $10 million, they should both have 5 mil in their bank accounts.) The average does not predict anything about the individual. Thus, you cannot tell on the basis of anything about your blood pressure what gender your baby will be based on any of your blood pressure readings.

This is not a thing. Please don't even spare a moment of time thinking about it.

RE why this finding happened (in one study, that may not ever be repeated), no, it's not because boy moms are more control freakish. The last, absolutely last thing we need is for now all the people who worry about "being stressed" as a part of their pink sways to be taking their damn blood pressure and worrying about minute fluctuations in it, then panicking if it's slightly higher than what they think it "should" be. We also do not need all the blue swayers who already feel overwhelmed and that their sways will surely fail, to wrap this into their lists of reasons why they'll never get a boy and they should just give up.

I forbid any of you to take your blood pressure as a part of your sway. I forbid any of my pink swayers from adding this to your list of control freak concerns - don't go back over your old medical records, don't add in supplements to lower blood pressure, don't fly into a panic every time you feel the slightest bit wound up that your blood pressure is high. I forbid any of my blue swayers from dwelling on this as a reason why you are doomed to fail and you may as well not even try. Do NOT take your blood pressure. Strike this slightly interesting, but not at all helpful tidbit of info from your list of things to consider because it's not going to help your sway and has the potential to hurt you, greatly.

Let me say once again - THIS IS NOT A THING. 103 and 106 are BOTH LOW BLOOD PRESSURES.

If I MUST speculate as to why this finding happened, it is probably because there are more PCOSers represented in women with high blood pressure and PCOS does seem to = more sons conceived. Women who are vegetarians or very thin or exercise a lot have more daughters than expected and those things can come with lower blood pressure.

But again - the difference between 103 and 106 is nothing for any of you to concern yourself with. Please just do the diet and exercise and number of attempts and put all these things out of your head.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 9th, 2023 at 11:48 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ