Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Milk does NOT raise blood sugar!

A question that I get over and over again from people is that they have read things like "but I read milk raises blood sugar, and since we want low blood sugar for pink, doesn't that mean I should avoid dairy?"

First of all, that's not even how blood sugar stuff works for swaying. You CANNOT avoid everything that may temporarily raise your blood sugar (that is called starving, my friends). When swaying, it is absolutely fine to, you know, eat food and stuff - ya kind of have to! Yes, your blood sugar goes up a bit after you have eaten, but that is normal and unavoidable. When we say "lower blood sugar for pink" we're talking about averages across days, weeks, months, and NOT normal rises in blood sugar. Swaying pink does not mean we go on and on with very low blood sugar and that if your blood sugar ever rises even for the briefest time that your sway will fail.

Your blood sugar will go up sometimes - after eating, after drinking, in the morning even if you don't drink or eat anything. It SHOULD. Blood sugar is the fuel your body burns to support itself, like gas in your car. If your blood sugar doesn't rise because of foods you eat, your body will simply burn off your stores of fat, muscle, and anything else (including your internal organs) to raise it. This is how people with very severe eating disorders pass away - their body has literally eaten itself.

Let's get our food from food instead, k?

But when it comes to dairy, that's meaningless anyway. Because milk doesn't raise blood sugar. This may come as a surprise to some of you, who were told by medical professionals that it so totally DID, and that it was super unhealthy, and that if we HAD to have dairy, it needed to be skim dairy or at least part skim. But those medical professionals were wrong.

For a VERY long time - too long, and this is one of those inexcusable medical mistakes that never should have happened - doctors and nutritionists (who really should have known better) were thoroughly brainwashed by the notion that fat was EEEVVUUULLLL. They told everyone that fat of all sorts should be avoided like the plague, even though all other animals require dietary fat to survive, and even though there are many groups of humans around the world and thru history, who eat/ate a ton of fat and yet stayed very healthy. What little fat people should eat, we were told, was supposed to be brewed in a lab from plants that human beings never ate in such high quantity their lives like corn and soy oils and margarine, or from plants that didn't exist in the past like safflowers and canola and also margarine. In the meantime, foods that human beings have always eaten a lot of, like meat and dairy, were demonized.

Well, this approach led to the world's people becoming fatter than ever before, even tho they ate so many Snackwell's cookies, pasta, and fat free salad dressings. Finally scientists actually got around to studying the things that they had, for so long, simply taken as gospel (and didn't look at too hard because they'd been paid off by the sugar manufacturers to blame all health problems on fat. https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...t-blame-at-fat They found that lo and behold, fat achtually was not that bad and that dairy fat in particular was even kinda healthy. In fact, for many people, diabetics in particular, the advice they'd been given for so long - to drink skim dairy only - was downright terrible for their health, because skim dairy has a lot of carbs! The studies that showed that "dairy raises blood sugar" was wrong - it was SKIM DAIRY that raised blood sugar, because when you remove the fat from dairy, it concentrates the milk sugars so much that it's basically akin to drinking a glass of sugar water. Same with the studies that once claimed dairy was bad for fertility. It isn't. It never was. It was skim dairy all along. SKIM DAIRY IS THE DEVIL'S DRINK!!!

Now, as is so often the case, when an idea has been ubiquitous as low fat diets were, it takes a lot of time for that evidence to go away. On the Internet, you can still read articles by people who still believe in the skim dairy, low fat diet hype and report it as if it's new rather than being totally debunked. But it isn't true. Full fat dairy has been shown to be beneficial for blood sugar, https://www.womansworld.com/posts/he...er-blood-sugar for fertility, https://startfertility.com/high-fat-...-fertility/and indeed, for health https://www.livestrong.com/article/1...heart-disease/ Virtually all the scary, negative things you read online about dairy are based in these old studies that were done in skim and part skim milk and NOT full fat.

Full fat dairy is good as a part of both pink and blue diets. For pink swayers, the dairy fat, because it improves fertility, helps keep people ovulating normally even when on the LE Diet. And for blue swayers, not only is full fat dairy chock full of nutrients, but that good dairy fat will boost your fertility! (and let me just point out that so many of my blue swayers who claim they "drank lots of dairy to get their girls" were drinking skim or part skim...including nearly all my blue swayers who were overweight and had lots of daughters - coincidence???)

Full fat dairy is good for everyone TTC. No need for anyone to avoid it.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 25th, 2022 at 12:47 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes skillet04, Prayingforpink20 liked this post