Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck on your next cycle that you decide! If we don't this cycle i think we may skip the next also or maybe 2. Just becasue we would liek to travel next winter and i don't want to travel too pregnant or with a too little of a baby
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gotcha.

Yes, 1-2 sodas a week would not have amounted to anything, but if you're eating fewer carbs overall, then maybe!

People with what is called "skinny PCOS" can still see those oddball cycles even when they're quite thin. It has to do with carb intake overall, and you can be eating a fairly low calorie diet that is more carb based (think, skim milk but sugar sweetened yogurt, bagels, pasta, salads with sweet-tasting salad dressing on top, that sort of thing where you're thinking you're dieting, but are still getting a lot of carbs as a % of your day's intake)

It's ok to continue eating carbs at every meal. We don't want you to be on a low carb and certainly not a VERY low carb diet. But what happens to a lot of people is that they eat fewer carbs than they were when not on LE Diet without realizing it! I have a big long explanation of how that works in this thread (I think it's the third question down) https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rb-intake.html and so people are befuddled as to how they're no longer eating high protein, but are STILL eating fewer carbs than they were!

This is likely just a one off but just going over the possibilities!

Either or both is great. Whatever you come across, they are both beneficial to the sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by treens View Post
    Good luck on your next cycle that you decide! If we don't this cycle i think we may skip the next also or maybe 2. Just becasue we would liek to travel next winter and i don't want to travel too pregnant or with a too little of a baby
    Thanks Treens! Traveling sounds like a good plan. Bets of luck to you! How have you been feeling so far this cycle?
    🩷2008 💙2013 💙2019 💙2023

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Gotcha.

Yes, 1-2 sodas a week would not have amounted to anything, but if you're eating fewer carbs overall, then maybe!

People with what is called "skinny PCOS" can still see those oddball cycles even when they're quite thin. It has to do with carb intake overall, and you can be eating a fairly low calorie diet that is more carb based (think, skim milk but sugar sweetened yogurt, bagels, pasta, salads with sweet-tasting salad dressing on top, that sort of thing where you're thinking you're dieting, but are still getting a lot of carbs as a % of your day's intake)

It's ok to continue eating carbs at every meal. We don't want you to be on a low carb and certainly not a VERY low carb diet. But what happens to a lot of people is that they eat fewer carbs than they were when not on LE Diet without realizing it! I have a big long explanation of how that works in this thread (I think it's the third question down) https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rb-intake.html and so people are befuddled as to how they're no longer eating high protein, but are STILL eating fewer carbs than they were!

This is likely just a one off but just going over the possibilities!

Either or both is great. Whatever you come across, they are both beneficial to the sway.
    Thank you for the thread, it’s very interesting! Also, interesting about the skinny pcos. I have a friend who has PCOS and she is very skinny, but also she is tall and does extreme exercising. When she’s not on birth control she just bleeds constantly. She also tends to only eat sugar and carbs. I guess it had never crossed my mind about having those tendencies because my cycles are regular and I never had issues getting pregnant before, but it sounds like it’s more of a pcos spectrum? I’m learning that a lot of things are like this and not so cut and dry.

I’m eating carbs and protein at every meal. I gave up overeating for Lent …but I do notice a difference! I feel lighter. All of this could be playing into my cycle normalizing to 28 days. I’m feeling a lot better about all of this. I started the fiber today and I will report back if I have any weight changes before the next cycle we attempt (most likely May).
    🩷2008 💙2013 💙2019 💙2023

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's right! Definitely a spectrum. Medical experts re coming around to thinking that PCOS is not even really a disorder, but more like a genetic variation where some of us have tendencies that way to a greater or lesser extent. Some people have strong tendencies and just don't handle carbs even at very low weights and in good physical condition, others can eat quite a lot of carbs and/or carry a lot more body weight with seemingly no ill effects. But despite that array, it's estimated that somewhere between 75-100% of all women would develop it if our lifestyle supported it strongly enough. It's just that we all have a lot of variation about the circumstances required to get us into PCO-Mode, if that makes sense.

Yes absolutely keep me posted!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel ok calm but just because its the first month and i dont have high expectations. after a few months i sue will just because of my age..
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I have a few more questions. I think we may try again this month after all. I felt so relaxed last month about this all, but now that TTC is feeling so real and close, I’m worrying more about my sway.

I’ve switched over to whole grains and that combined with me eating less has helped me lose 2 pounds over this last week. Yay! I’m thinking about ditching my afternoon diet soda out for another coffee, but just like with my morning coffee I won’t be able to stomach it without sugar. Do you think two coffees a day with sugar (16g) is too much for the alternate LE diet? It’s the only refined sugar I’m currently having. I want to cut out the diet soda because I think it might be flaring my autoimmune disease.

I’ve made changes over the past 6-12 months (cutting out red meet and skipping breakfast except for the coffee, adding alcohol, and lowering sugar a little bit), but just these past couple weeks I’ve really cracked down with eating smaller meals and no snacks. And now whole grains. Do you think 2-3 weeks of this stricter LE diet before my next ovulation would be enough since I had also made previous changes? The weight loss was non-existent before but now seems to be coming off a slight bit. I got my first girl and both my boys with a BMI under 20, and now I’m still in the 23 range. I’m only about 20 pounds heavier, but being only 4’11, it doesn’t take much weight to raise my BMI.

I also have a question about DH. He’s also up about 10-20 lbs in weight, but he’s still pretty slim and muscular. He has a furniture delivery company, so he’s constantly lifting heavy things (think solid oak China cabinets). Could this sway boy? He also does aggressive skating for exercise a few times a week. One more thing is that lately he’s been smoking cannabis. He usually would only enjoy it every now and then, but I told him smoking sways girl so I think he took this opportunity to enjoy more 😂. Is this as good as regular cigarettes for swaying? He smoked a lot of it when we got our girl, and none with our last boy. I can’t remember with our first boy, but my guess would be some but infrequent. Sorry for this massive post. I feel like I have things set up pretty well but just want some reassurance. Thanks!
    🩷2008 💙2013 💙2019 💙2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would prefer you avoided sugar between meals. Ideally you'd give it up totally but if you do want to continue with it (and personally, coffee without sugar was a bridge too far for me, I just wanted to keep that for my sanity, and so I called that a cheat for myself!) I'd have it with a meal and keep everything between meals sugar free.

Of course, if it's that or have an autoimmune flareup, by all means! It's just that I can't say that sugar between meals won't affect a sway negatively and it's certainly not something we'd want to be doing on the alternate diet.

I can't ever tell anyone if something is "enough" or not. My crystal ball is sadly in the shop this week, and we're awaiting parts from Timbuktu and we just don't know when they'll arrive. Follow your gut and do what feels right to you. All I can speak to are overall statistics showing that 12 weeks plus has gotten best results, and it may be that your diet beforehand did qualify, I just can't know, though.

While obese dads do seem to have more daughters, beyond that we haven't been able to narrow it down any further. We have seen some men doing exercise (like the skating) tending to have more girls but also it's possible that level of activity might grow muscle mass and sway blue. Just can't say either way. The cannabis smoking does indeed seem to sway pink in my observations, and also I've spoken to reproductive endocrinologists who also believe it sways pink, but I don't have the same body of data that shows that in studies.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. Let me know if those parts for your crystal ball ever arrive, because that sounds really cool 😂😉

I guess I’m more worried about a flare up of auto immune stuff swaying blue than having to deal with the symptoms of the flare up (which I’m used to and can tread through). I’m not drinking a ton of diet pop, just one a day which helps soo much with keeping me from snacking between lunch and dinner. I may just stick with it for now. I’m going to just try again this month because I know myself and the longer I do this swaying, the more I will obsess and read every little thing (which is what brought on these new questions to begin with).

I want a girl, but I know a boy would fit right in with his brothers. And my teen girl and I are so close and I actually worry about another girl coming between that bond. I even have a boy name that I love all picked out and ready to go just in case. Not trying to sound defeatist here, just realistic because I know nothing is a sure thing. On top of that, my own sister and I have a horrible relationship, and maybe I would be doing my daughter favors by keeping her the only girl. Not saying that some sisters can’t be incredibly close. Just processing here. I guess I’m just saying I feel at peace trying again this month. Thanks again for all you do!
    🩷2008 💙2013 💙2019 💙2023

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like it is good to not be stick 100% on one gender just in case. I think you look like you are doing a good job everyone is different and you need to do whats right for you. I feel you about the coffee but I have started to drink it black in the morning. Its not as bad now But I get one with yummy creamer when i eat at about 11
    My husband also likes the occasional smoke he will be happy to learn it is possibly pink friendly.

also just my thoughts lots of stronger men seem to have girls. Like The rock, bruce willis, kris rock, mat Damon. Im not sure if they do anything else but they all only have daughters. So I hope it works well for you too

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast