Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just going for it?

I’ve been getting ready for this sway for over 2 years now, and keep putting it off for various reasons, but mostly because I can’t lose weight. I’m ready to just go for it. Any reassurance or last minute suggestions for me? 😅

The things that I have been successful at for my sway are skipping breakfast, adding coffee and alcohol (not so hard to do lol) giving up red meat (I’m not sure if this is really a sway tactic, but I could take it or leave it and thought it would be better for less fat). I’ve been dairy free due to my autoimmune stuff for a long time. I also switched to diet soda.

Even with all of these things, I have struggled to lose weight. I don’t want to put off my sway any longer due to my age and also because the more I try to sway the worse it is for me mentally. I haven’t gained weight, but I’ve stayed steady at a BMI of 23 since having my son in March 2019. I had my gallbladder out Oct. 2020, and my doctor said most people will put on 40lbs within a year of that surgery, so I’m thankful I’ve avoided that and take it as a slight success.

We also plan to do one attempt. We’ve been doing q4 days, and I’m pretty sure I ovulate this weekend, so we will stick with this pattern for now. I loosely track my cycles, but haven’t done OPKs because I tend to get obsessed and didn’t want to overthink anything more than I already do. We technically attempted last month (was kind of spur of the moment) and I got a BFN. However my cycle was 31 days instead of the usual 34, so I may have been off on things. The plan is to officially start trying this month, and I just wanted some thoughts on my sorta-sway and any last minute suggestions would be great as well!
    🩷2008 💙2013 💙2019 💙2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, as long as you are happy with that decision that's great! You aren't doing anything terribly blue friendly, you haven't gained weight, doing some fasting, and if you're ready to roll then by all means!

I honestly see more sways ruined by people going absolutely berserk and control freaking everything in their lives down to the smallest detail (this is a HUGE factor for sways that produce opposites). So a person who is just calm, cool, collected, has made the changes that feel right for them and is ready to try, I am always in full support as long as they've not been doing things that are uber blue friendly, which it doesn't appear to me like you have. Good luck and pink dust headed your way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck!!! We are trying this month too for a girl I am CD 9 today. What CD are you?
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go for it!! I think staving off weight gain after your gallbladder removal is basically the equivalent of losing weight.
    We are TTC girl too. I’m early in cycle #3 and we’re doing E4D too. Good luck!!
    Me: 37 / DH: 45 // m/c 2014 / non-sway boy 2015 / successful sway girl 2017 / non-sway boy 2020 / High-tech baby girl due in 2023!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all! I’m feeling a huge weight lifted off (no pun intended haha) just to not have to stress about swaying so much anymore and going for it. You all make me feel good about the decision.

treens- I’m on cd 13, but I have longish cycles (usually 34 days) so it gets tricky. I’m pretty sure my LP is around 14 days and I just ovulate later than most people, but since I’m not certain we are sticking with every 4 days instead of trying for the perfect window and missing ovulation.

Good luck to all of you ladies too!
    🩷2008 💙2013 💙2019 💙2023

8. Likes Blckhrt, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep me posted and let me know if you need help!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Keep me posted and let me know if you need help!
    I have a question. So, we BD yesterday morning, and I always have leakage afterwards, but this time it didn't. I asked him if he actually released and he said he did, and I believe him. I got up and J&D about 5 minutes after BD and nothing came back out, and even later in the day nothing. We hadn't BD in 4-5 days, but he may be releasing on his own (I don't ask lol). Could he not have had anything come out?
    🩷2008 💙2013 💙2019 💙2023

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, something came out (unless you have some reason to believe he's fibbing about this - it happens, rarely). Semen sometimes just doesn't liquefy as it normally does sometimes, it can be smaller amounts of semen (can still have the same number of sperm tho) and also sometimes it's deposited deeper and doesn't come out the same rate or same time as normal.

DO NOT have another attempt, if that's what you're asking.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks! I just needed some reassurance, and I def don’t want to ruin things by adding another attempt. I do believe he’s being honest because he’s really bad at lying and faking ANYTHING 😂, and also he hasn’t shown any hesitancy with having another baby, so it would just be really weird.

One more question, I read that I should continue with diet and keep blood sugar low during TWW, but should I also keep drinking alcohol? I don’t want to do anything detrimental to the pregnancy if I do end up pregnant. Thanks so much!
    🩷2008 💙2013 💙2019 💙2023

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I leave that at your discretion. While it's unlikely that a fertilized egg could be at all negatively impacted (and many women, myself included, have had a drink during the 2ww not realizing we were pregnant) most people choose to stop drinking at O and I am fine with it either way.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast