Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too soon after positive opk

Hiya,

So although I was unsure about trying again, I decided to monitor my ovulation as previous month I didnt catch it on the test strip. The every 4 day methos wasnt possible last month as husband was on nightshift. Well, I started testing and I was getting negative results but visible getting darker opks, I dont tend to test late at night but got the urge to test at 10.30pm and it was a deffo positive, so we decided to do the deed within the hour. I then got all the so called preg symptoms, hot flushes, hunger pants, nausea, even a late perios which set my hope sky high, only to come falling down 3 days later. Is there such a thing as I dtd too soon from getting the positive opk, should I have waited a few hours or even till the morning? I was sooo heartbroken by the period that I fell off any type of diet I was on super bad and now Im fasting so everything just feels likes its gone bad.
    I honestly thought it was meant to be as I got a positive test when I had a random thought to test, then being able to do the deed straight as husband had a day off and then all the so called sypmtoms I felt which clearly now were in my head. 😔

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, there is no such thing as DTD too soon with a positive OPK. OPK are really not very exacting in terms of timelines, you can get a positive and then ovulate within a few hours or even days after. You can also get a positive sometimes for a couple days AFTER ovulation has occurred. So it just wouldn't make any sense that you would have to time intercourse so precisely, because the OPK are not at all pinpointing things to such a narrow window of time.

If your period was late, the chances are that you actually ovulated later than you realized. Can you count back 12-14 days?? Did you have any atempts at that time? It may be that you guys missed O and ovulated when you had no chance of conception.

From here on in, wait to stop diet till you have a BFP. Symptoms are just not reliable. They're not in your head, just that they can happen in the 2WW because the hormones in the 2WW are very similar to in early pregnancy. Many of us have had what sure seemed like pregnancy symptoms but been in the 2WW and in months we could not possibly have been pregnant.

Why are you fasting? For Ramadan or to "make up for" diet? If it's for Ramadan, it's probably for the best that you fell off diet a bit to save up some reserves. Just move forward from here No worries about that at all. If you're trying to "make up for" having gone off diet, that's not necessary and in fact you shouldn't ever try to make up for diet by depriving yourself. Either way, I'd just move forward from here, and not beat yourself up, it's not a big deal at all, truly!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did the deed on positive opk and then 16 days later got my period, so from what u said guess we did the deed too early. ☹️
    Im fasting for ramadhan now so its a must. I didnt mean to eat in my 2ww, just the week before I tend to eat more before my period but still no snacking. Then when I got my period that whole week I went off track cos I was so upset so emotional eating. Is it common to get cramps and tightenings down below around ovulation too?
    Not sure if its cos of fasting but I am very dry compared to norma (abit like my month where I thought I didnt ovulate so I dont think I will get a positive opk) as I cant do every 4 days until May, would you say its ok to have one attempt when my CM goes to clear and very thin/ stretchy? Or does that not indicate much either?
    Im eating 8pm and then again at 4am, I am including dairy but cant really do much on the levels of protein /fat as its super hard with fasting, do you think its still worth an attempt?
    Last edited by Parying4agirl; April 8th, 2022 at 01:45 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You did have some chance, just not a good one.

I would just let go of the cheats and move forward from here.

as long as you're fasting for a good reason (Ramadan) and not because you're trying to starve yourself to make up for any going over on diet that's fine.

There's no correlation between the amount of EWCM you make in a month and whether or not you get positive OPK. You can have a dryer than normal month and still get a positive OPK.

Yes you can absolutely have cramping around O. Some of us have that more than period cramps!

At any point if it's easier and you can't do e4d then yes, have one attempt. But you can't use CM to time when that should be. For all their faults, OPK are more reliable.

As long as you're sure that you're getting enough protein and fat that's what matters. The limits on the diet are really far more about getting enough than worrying about going overboard.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! I just felt like I knew my body before my loss and now im no longer in touch with my body.
    Im probably up on fat and lower side of protein. I feel with my munchkins, life is v go go and that monitoring is hard but I deffo need to step up and start again

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But even when we feel we have a reliable, predictable pattern, it can change at any time. It's honestly an illusion that we ever have any patterns that we recognize, because there can be, at any time, a dramatic change in that pattern even though everything is still fine and normal.

Good luck and pink dust headed your way!

7. Likes Parying4agirl liked this post