Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No CM

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

No CM

Sorry me again, as ive been thinking about my body and how my cycle has been since my loss, its got me thinking about my fertile mucus. Normally my body would visibly go through the different stages of mucus but since starting coffee in Jan I notice I have very little mucus, very dry most days. Could this be why the egg didnt catch? Ive read the fertile mucus creates the right environment to carry the sperm up but if I havent git any I guess the sperm die fairly quickly. Also that coffee dehydrates you so that could be effecting my mucus? Is there any tips to increase CM, previous times Ive concieved Ive always had healthy amount of CM. This has got me thinking I’ll be out this month too as I feel dry alll the time.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, i think its not dramatic. When i conceived my first son i had a lot of CM, also with my first and second daughter, when i conceived my last son, i was on LE PCOS and lost an amount of weight , i has absolutley no visible CM. But i conceived first time TTC cycle Nr. 1 while breastfeeding. So i think it doesn t matter so much, i think inside of the vagina there is always CM, when you have a normal cycle and while ovulation.
    Good luck

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Parying4agirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amount of cervical mucus has really not been terribly predictive of who gets pregnant. I get this question all the time, people telling me they can't get pregnant because they don't seem to have any CM, who DO indeed get pregnant. We also have people who have gobs of CM who aren't getting pregnant (even blue swayers who are having a lot of attempts and doing everything in their power to conceive.)

As for coffee causing drier CM, I have never had this reported to me. I drink scads of coffee (probably more than everyone on this site combined LOL) and have plenty of EWCM every month. While you can read various claims online from people selling things, the truth is that coffee doesn't dehydrate anyone. That claim has been thoroughly debunked in studies. While caffeine may make you pee a bit more than normal, the coffee has more than enough liquid to compensate and is no more dehydrating than anything else. If you're worried about being dehydrated, simply drink more. It's a very easy solution if you're really concerned about this situation.

I strongly advise against doing anything to "increase cervical mucus" because most of things that are sold to do that, have lots of other side effects. Some of these "remedies" actually appeared to dry up more people's CM than it improved. Others delayed or even stopped ovulation, and/or made a short LP. I would really hesitate to take anything to solve a non-problem that will likely only make things worse.

In the vast majority of cases where people are concerned about their EWCM, they were actually checking at the wrong time of month. How sure are you that you're ovulating when you think you are?? It is normal to have very little EWCM early in the cycle and after O. It is totally normal to only have EWCM for a day or so. So if you were used to one pattern of CM and now it's different, you may be looking for something that is normally there and is just there in a different pattern than you're used to. We also have more EWCM up inside where we can't see it than what comes out visibly.

When I conceived my 4th child, I was testing my pH 2-3 times a day. I did not see ANY CM, my pH didn't go up at all, and I was shocked to end up pregnant that month. But it happens all the time! So while it's certainly possible you don't conceive this month (tho of course we all hope you do) just not seeing some CM doesn't mean anything.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaLaetitia View Post
    Hey, i think its not dramatic. When i conceived my first son i had a lot of CM, also with my first and second daughter, when i conceived my last son, i was on LE PCOS and lost an amount of weight , i has absolutley no visible CM. But i conceived first time TTC cycle Nr. 1 while breastfeeding. So i think it doesn t matter so much, i think inside of the vagina there is always CM, when you have a normal cycle and while ovulation.
    Good luck

Thanks thats good to hear. Sadly Im out again this month and as much as I hear and read CM has nothing to do with it, im struggling as previous pregnancies Ive had lots of CM and concieved with first attempt with the first or second months ☹️

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I guess im just clutching to anything different and putting it down to that as missed this month again and previous has been alot quicker conceiving. I do think I check CM pretty much daily multiple times through the day (not thorough checks but just as have always).
    Around previous conceptions times I always had alot of clear white dc at the time of deed.
    My period was 24th March and I got a positive opk on 8th and dtd same day. I have now started my period on 21st April which makes it a 28 day cycle, whereas last month I went over by 4 days.
    As I am 36, few monthe away from 37 should I continue on LE diet but do my best to switch to e4d now? I know some people go on for months with no positive hcg but its gettinng me down alot and I know nothing garuntees a positive result but after my loss I’m feeling the urge even more so.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, keep going on diet (if you'd like, let me take a look at your diet and make sure it's sitting in a good spot overall, since if memory serves you got too restrictive in the past) and go to e4d.

It is absolutely fine to go to e4d!! Many people do e4d after only a month or two of one attempt. No worries about moving forward.

What we DON'T want is for you to get so discouraged that you just chuck everything! Making reasonable changes over time is always going to be better than plugging along too strictly and then panicking and giving up everything all at once.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, keep going on diet (if you'd like, let me take a look at your diet and make sure it's sitting in a good spot overall, since if memory serves you got too restrictive in the past) and go to e4d.

It is absolutely fine to go to e4d!! Many people do e4d after only a month or two of one attempt. No worries about moving forward.

What we DON'T want is for you to get so discouraged that you just chuck everything! Making reasonable changes over time is always going to be better than plugging along too strictly and then panicking and giving up everything all at once.

Diet has been hard this time round in terms of monitoring so I skipped checking everything. I skip breakfast, have a black plain coffee (no sugar or milk) around 10/11 am. Have bread/egg and milk around lunchtime, maybe a sugary treat. At dinner (before 7pm) I will eat chicken pasta or chappatti with different curries (1 portion size), maybe a fish burger, probably have takeaway once a week but again as a meal and not snacking. A small mini fizzy drink with my lunch or dinner depending when I feel like it. Maybe I need to start monitoring everything. I do add nuts to my meals incase I havent got enough protein in my diet. I definately get my calories up to 1500 as curries end up being very chunky. Iv never been a big eater, just a snacker. If I do ever over eat its normally in one sitting so I dont
    Snack inbetween meals. I have folic acid most days (forget some days) I stopped having tea everyday around back in January , although I have had about 4 cups since then. Ovs cos its Ramadhan, I eat at 3/4am, again egg/bread milk or maybe something different if I fancy it and then at 8pm I probably over eat (fried samosas, pakoras, chapptti with curry or rice, sometimes a little dessert but deffo small piece of chocolate! I have to say the main thing different from last time would be I eat more sugar with my lunch or dinner whereas previous Im sure I rarely had a sweet treat so deffo going to try stop that from now onwards.
    My weight is 48 kg (no idea about BMI) and was 47kg when i conceived my girl. My weight is static now and havent dropped any in the past month I’d say. I did add walking for a week and then it just went out of routine again. I will try again next month (is it even worth it if I make my attempt again next month)
    I am getting to a stage where im fed up of not being able to snack especially when the weather is nice as we are out alot more now. Ive never had to diet this long as well so guess Im not used to it either.

So I believe the e4d is done like a mon/thurs attempt so would I start from the day after I finish my period, what happens if I miss the next date, would I attempt the next day or miss it and go for the next scheduled e4d date? Im so scared of doing e4d as 1 attempt worked for me on two occasions but doesnt seem to be now. However said that I feel with one attempt im cutting the chances of pregnancy alot and I feel everymonth its delaying things.
    Last edited by Parying4agirl; April 21st, 2022 at 09:12 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh can you bump this for me?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, when I had my loss late Oct, I lost alot of blood so had to be transfused 2units. Even after this the drs said my blood levels didnt go high as they would have liked so I went onto a course of iron tablets which fininshed last yr. Could it be that my iron levels are low again? Do these tablets sway blue generally?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast