Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    More replies from other posts:

If you really do have PCO tendencies, just going vegetarian may mean you end up too high in carbs and inadvertently undermining your sway in a different way, though. Because things like lentils and beans and soy and grains all have more carbs than say a chicken breast does, vegetarians can often end up eating more carbs than they realize if they aren't tracking. So that is a very real concern I have based on observing people going this route in the past.

This is not all or nothing. This is not either you hunt down every detail and beat it to a bloody pulp or else you go away and ask no questions. By the way, asking no questions also doesn't work because then you simply sit and stew and worry, and/or do research on your own, and end up dwelling about all these questions a lot more than you would have if you would simply asked me. OR, you may end up doing things completely wrong, this has also happened, out of a misguided notion that asking a reasonable amount of questions might be too control freaky. There's a vast middle ground between the two extremes. Answering questions is what I'm here for and it will only help your sway if you use my expertise instead of just muddling thru alone.

At this point, your cycle isn't even back yet. There's no hurry. We have the time to play with this for a couple weeks. We have time for you to shoot me a bunch of questions so you aren't going to be worrying and wondering over 200 different things when it matters. Nothing is lost if you get out a notepad and a pen and do some temporary tracking see how it feels to be eating in those LE Diet limits. It may be very very similar to what you were eating when you were vegetarian, anyway. And if we decide it doesn't work for you, ok cool, we can still go back to have you being a vegetarian at that point.

Most of us on here, myself very very much included, have the same personality type as you do. It is overcomeable. We would not be getting the kinds of results we have gotten the last few years especially (with the most people on the alternate type of LE Diet!) if it wasn't something we could sway our way through. It's actually a really good thing that we've had this convo now, early on, so you can see what I'm talking about and with plenty of time to course correct. YES by all means, no need to be on the phone 24-7, get busy with something else that isn't as all consuming as this crap and just keep me on speed dial, with whatever q's you have, but just stay out of the rabbithole, that's all.

Metformin is separate. You would take that along WITH Femara or Clomid.

As for Femara and Clomid, I have no preference and you should use the one your doc says is better.

Both Clomid and Femara are good options. Both sway pink, and yes, people who just take one still get girls.

Use the dairy as you need to. I wouldn't ever say that anyone MUST eat it daily, but (as per my previous explanation so I won't go into it again) it is a fine choice for swaying and is absolutely a-ok to have some dairy every day. Again, our good results are in people having dairy, in most cases at least one serving a day, so it is clearly ok to have it every day since we get good results that way.

As long as you add up your nutrients periodically that's all you need to do. What can happen is that people who aren't tracking inadvertently cut back more and more over time and end up starving themselves. That's what we're trying to avoid.

Even though I don't mind answering questions, I do want to point out that when I have more than likely answered a question for you already and it's just a case where you haven't gone back and read my messages, that's not the best use of my time for sure. So maybe next time reread first, then ask. It makes it a lot easier on me. Thank you!

As long as you are sticking in the limits that is what matters. If you are sticking in the limits for protein and fat, and your calorie intake is set, you can't be getting too much of anything. That is why we have the limits set where they are.

You need to let this idea that you're eating "too much" of anything go. You've asked me this same question in about 10 different ways now and it's clearly an anxiety thing. Limits, limits, limits.

I think it is too restrictive and way overthought. You do not need to be dairy free and since you're breastfeeding I urge you to have one serving a day. Not only for your sake but for the sake of your nursing baby. Your milk will dry up if you are not eating enough.

Have you even added it up to see how much fat and protein is in it? Because I don't see how you are going to get anywhere near enough of either of those things on that diet. Unless you're having some protein and fat you're not reporting here, I do not see how it is possible that you're hitting 50-60 g protein and fat on this (remember, you cannot count protein and fat in fruits and veg). The avocado is a good source of fat and that is fine to continue.

There is no reason why you should limit beans to 3x a week and skip nuts and seeds entirely. Limits, limits, limits. Not foods, limits.

If dairy messes with your stomach, then have cheese or yogurt instead. There is no reason to drop dairy if you can't have milk, because cheese and yogurt don't trigger lactose issues for most people. I am lactose intolerant and handle cheese and yogurt just fine.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reposting answers from other places here:

Yes, it is a big problem not to get the right macros on protein and fat. You can end up overeating carbs (which can wreck your sway, remember we have you on this type of diet for a reason) and also undereating protein and fat most especially is not good for your health and will delay or even stop ovulation.

Some people need to decrease cal intake. But do try to keep eating the set amounts of protein and fat.

I don't have an opinion on beans every day - they're fine within the limits. My point is that you need to a) be getting adequate intake of protein and fat for all the reasons I have already addressed and b) quit avoiding foods for no reason. The ONLY thing you need to limit is foods that have a lot of added vitamins in them, like cereal, power bars, etc. Whatever other foods beyond that are fine.

If you weren't limiting CALORIES when eating those things then yeah, your milk supply could have stayed up. There's a lot of calories in banana and papaya. But if you cut back on calories, you will see your milk start to dry up, so keep it in mind.

I do absolutely think that keeping in the limits is of critical importance, otherwise I'd not have you track them. I already dispense with tracking things like pH, your temps, CM, etc all that stuff. The reason I continue having you guys track just this one thing is because it's important to do that. People end up delaying or stopping ovulation, AND since you're on the alternate diet, you can wreck your sway by eating pure carbs without adequate fat intake.

Technically it's best to have the booze with a meal, but that's a "cheat" that many of us, myself included, chose to have. If before bed works better for you, that's fine.

???????? Dairy does not sway pink? I am not saying "dairy sways pink" like they do on other sites. It doesn't. Dairy can be a fine part of an overall balanced sway diet but it does not sway in and of itself.

No, calcium does not sway pink. In fact, the best study ever done on maternal preconception diet and gender conceived, found that women who ate the most nutrients, including calcium, had more BOYS. Most of the people on this site, myself extremely included, got BOYS taking calcium. While I allow people to continue using calcium if they want to, I gave it all up to get my girl. Both my husband and I ate less dairy than we normally did, and did not take calcium supps, and got a girl that way.

I am simply trying to point out that our good results are in people who are not avoiding dairy. You seem to think that whole classes of foods should be completely avoided (beans, dairy) and that is simply not the case. Because the LE Diet (both regular and alternate) are about LIMITS there are no foods that need to be avoided. You can have dairy WITHIN LIMITS. You can have beans WITHIN LIMITS. We know that you can have these foods, because we see people on this diet who are getting girls! That doesn't therefore mean that dairy sways pink. Even though my husband and I ate less dairy than normal, we still ate dairy, it's not a no-no food, but it doesn't sway pink either.

I think you need to start asking me questions in the forum instead of via PM. That way you'll have all my replies in one place, you can go back and look them over, instead of via PM where you have to open and shut 20 different messages. It will be a lot easier for you to understand if you can review all my replies in one spot instead of having to reread lots of different messages. At this point I am starting to feel like you're not reading my answers and are just shooting off messages as things occur to you, and I am not going to continue on replying via PM since it's getting too confusing this way.

Let's add it up and see where you're at though just for my peace of mind. Sometimes people think they're getting more than enough only to realize that their fat in particular is super low.

As long as they're both full fat, either Greek or regular yogurt are fine. You are trying to avoid skim/part skim dairy.

Yogurt is one of those things we allow you to continue having with sugar. When we say "avoid sugar" we mean cookies, candy, cake, soda pop, putting scoops of sugar in tea or coffee, fruit mixed with sugar, that sort of thing. Sugar in yogurt and added to sauces (like pasta sauce often has sugar in it) does not need to be avoided.

All fruits and vegetables are allowed. Same rules apply - on fruit and high carb veg, count cals only, not protein or fat, and low carb veg are free and unlimited, no need to count. Pineapple is a great choice for that very reason, it really is "nature's candy" LOL

Mayonnaise is not dairy. It has no milk or milk products in it and is based on vegetable oils. It does not count for a serving of full fat dairy and isn't beneficial to your fertility in the same way that a serving of full fat dairy is. You can have mayonnaise within limits and it can be a way to get some fat when you need to, but it's not beneficial in the way that dairy is.

BTW - steer clear of "lowfat" mayo and similar things of that sort as they often have carbs added to make up for the fat in them, which is a step in the wrong direction.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An answer I posted in another thread, reposting here to have all my replies in one place:

Kazzz, I feel like we are having some sort of fundamental miscommunication here, LOL. I promise you that I would not be telling you over and over again that dairy is ok within limits if it wasn't ok. My answer isn't going to change. I am not missing anything, I completely understand your question, and I repeat: Full fat dairy within limits is and always has been ok on the alternate PCOS-type LE Diet. Avoid skim and part skim because the concentrated milk sugars in it aggravate PCOS. Our good results with the alternate style LE Diet are in people all of whom did exactly this.

YES, you can have milk, yogurt, cheese, etc, any dairy food, within limits, as much as you want. Within limits. Now, eating a massive amount of dairy alone may not be the best way to get adequate calories, fat, and protein on the diet (because you'll likely quickly go over on fat and protein, then have a lot of calories left to eat and you've used up your fat and protein) but that is a separate problem of PRACTICALITY and not because "too much dairy ruins my pink sway". As long as you're in the limits you can have dairy without limits, but keep in mind you need to be getting ENOUGH food as well and there is more than just dairy to think about.

To illustrate: drinking six cups of milk, for example, will put you at 48 g protein, 48 g fat, but only 1280 calories. How will you get up to the 1500-1800, or even beyond that to 1800-2000 (since that is what most people breastfeeding need) because now you've spent so much of your protein and fat on milk?? It's also not a balanced diet (you'd be perilously low in iron and Vitamin C, for starters), would not satisfy you at all, may upset your stomach, and would be so darn borint it would very likely set you up for cheating. But that doesn't mean you can't have dairy within the limits, it means that focusing too heavily on ANY one thing is never a good approach.

The stuff you're thinking of in terms of "avoiding fortified foods" are things with large amounts of added nutrients crammed into them like power bars, meal replacer shakes, breakfast cereal, where you're eating them and getting massive intake of ALL your day's nutrients - things that have the equivalent of a whole ground up vitamin pill in them. Not regular ordinary foods. Even foods some with minor fortification, like dairy and pasta - are fine in your sway. We just can't get away from that. Please note, that even if you had 6 cups of milk like I described above, that would still be less than 100% Vitamin D and well within pink range on potassium according to the mineral diets, if that is important to you, so having dairy foods is absolutely NOTHING like taking a multivitamin or eating fortified foods.

atomic tough love alert: What you are doing here, asking me the same question over and over again, IS control freakishness. I understand you guys tell yourself that if you just can only get your every doubt erased, eventually you'll get to some place where you'll relax, but it's the process of trying to have those doubts erased that is the issue. a) "I feel anxiety about my sway b) "I'll ask atomic about this, so I can alleviate my anxiety c) "atomic answered me, but did she really understand what I was asking? Maybe she misunderstood. Yikes, maybe she was wrong??? Now I feel anxious again" d) "I'll ask her again just to be absolutely SURE and then my anxiety will go away". But it never works because it's natural to feel anxious about sways, so you're back at square one again, repeating that process over and over again (and in many cases actually going back through old posts, or dredging up studies, trying to catch me in a mistake or a lie - not saying you are doing this, Kazzz, but some people do, and OVERWHELMINGLY they have more boys, even with extremely micromanaged "perfect" sways full of mindnumbing attention to detail)

This is exactly what I don't want you to do. Plus, it takes up my time answering the same question over and over again and your other thread is still sitting there unanswered since I've taken so much time with this.

Trying to micromanage your environment and alleviate your anxiety by overly focusing on details that are either totally meaningless or that you've already gotten an answer on is a big red flag for me, so I'm hoping that we can put this behind us now and you can accept the answer I've already given you.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Well, if it "sticks" then yes, it's still weight gain. You just need to cut back on calories somewhere to make up for the difference in the full fat dairy.

"The Limits" are just a general thing to aim at. IF you gain weight at 1800 cals, cut back to more like 1600 and see how that goes instead.

PS - you should still aim at 50-60 g protein and fat.
    So we want to prioritise fat an pro an cut some cals if i start gaining? Weighed myself today so 4 days later and I'm back down I'll keep an eye on weight weekly. I'm breastfeeding an only hitting an average of 1400 cals and for pro an fat average is 30-40.

Much easier to keep all messages here thanks atomic I'm super grateful for your help your an angel.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just gonna start writing my daily foods here.

Breakfast
    Free vege Stir-fry
    Salad leaves
    1/2 avo
    French dressing
    1 cup of pineapple
    Coffee with almond milk

Lunch
    2 mini vege spring rolls
    1 vege patty
    1 mandarin
    1 cup grren grapes
    Greek yoghurt
    Coffee with almond milk

Dinner
    100g salmon
    Free vege stir-fry
    1/2 cup brown rice
    2x wines
    1 med potato
    Salad leaves
    Fench dressing

=fat 39.3
    =Pro 31.3
    =cal 1146.4

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breakfast
    Stir-fry veg
    1/2 avo
    Dressing
    1 mandarin
    1/2 cup green grapes
    Greek yoghurt
    Coffee with almond milk

Lunch
    2 slices wholemeal bread
    Stir-fry veg
    Hummus
    Dressing
    Coffee with almond milk

Dinner
    1x slice wholemeal bread
    1x veg patty
    Hummus
    Mustard
    Salad leaves
    1/2 cup pineapple
    1x wine

=fat 30.5
    =pro 21.9
    =cal 1001.8

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breakfast
    Stir-fry veg
    100g salmon
    Dressing
    1/2 slice bread
    Yoghurt
    Apple

Lunch
    2x slices wholemeal bread
    Hummus
    Dressing
    3 rice wafers
    Ranch dressing
    Coffee with almond milk

Dinner
    Vege patty
    Mushroom sauce with almond milk
    3 rice wafers
    Hummus
    Slice of cheese
    Greek yoghurt
    Bit of kids left over pasta
    2x wines

=fat 54.2
    =pro 54.5
    =cal 1654.2

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breakfast
    Stir-fry veg
    Dressing
    Hummus
    3x rice wafers (these are the brown rice ones) to many carbs?
    Greek yoghurt
    Apple
    Coffee with almond milk

Lunch
    Tin of soup
    2x wholemeal bread
    Hummus
    Greek yoghurt
    Small banana
    Coffee with almond milk

Dinner
    Vege patty
    Hummus
    French dressing
    Mustard
    3x rice wafers
    More hummus
    Bowl of homemade minestrone soup with chickpeas an kidney beans no pasta
    Match box size piece of pork chop
    2x wines

=fat 22.4
    =pro 37.8
    =cal 1433. 1
    Last edited by Kazzzz; April 25th, 2022 at 11:43 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice you are so organized! Good luck!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by treens View Post
    Nice you are so organized! Good luck!
    A little too organised lol I'm a bit control freaky that's probably what got me 3 boys haha but I'm more relaxed an more confident in my sway this time and once i get clomid on board I'll be so much happier.

Thank you so much and good luck to you.
    Last edited by Kazzzz; April 28th, 2022 at 07:43 AM.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast