Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes! Absolutely count cals in those things - and if you're having, say, marinara sauce, that will have added oils (so you should count the fat in that).
    I though tomatoes were free eat as many as you want? I make my own sauce just basically chopped tomatoes and tomato concentrate both with no othee ingredients just tomatoes then i add the other flavours herbs/spices etc. Should i count calories in tomatos? Thanks

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tomatoes have a fair amount of sugar and are technically fruits. Because when eating tomatoes raw, most people simply have a bit of tomato chopped on a salad or a slice or two on a sandwich, that amounts to nothing, and so I don't bother having you guys count that. But when you're using a concentrated, cooked form of tomatoes, that is far more calorically dense than a few chopped tomatoes here and there, and thus you need to count them.

I would not have told you to count the calories in them if I didn't think you should count the calories in them! Now obviously, I am happy to explain WHY I am having you count the calories in them and explain the difference as I just did above, that's a totally reasonable question and I'm happy to explain. But I would not have said "yes, count calories in them" if I didn't want you to count calories in them!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tomatoes have a fair amount of sugar and are technically fruits. Because when eating tomatoes raw, most people simply have a bit of tomato chopped on a salad or a slice or two on a sandwich, that amounts to nothing, and so I don't bother having you guys count that. But when you're using a concentrated, cooked form of tomatoes, that is far more calorically dense than a few chopped tomatoes here and there, and thus you need to count them.

I would not have told you to count the calories in them if I didn't think you should count the calories in them! Now obviously, I am happy to explain WHY I am having you count the calories in them and explain the difference as I just did above, that's a totally reasonable question and I'm happy to explain. But I would not have said "yes, count calories in them" if I didn't want you to count calories in them!
    Ok thank you.
    Do we count fat pro an cal in vegetable or chicken stock? Also whats you're view on girl swayers taking evening primrose oil now?
    Last edited by Kazzzz; May 1st, 2022 at 06:08 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has magnesium been shown more an more not to sway at all? I'm scared to take it if it even slightly sways blue but i need it for constipation, coffee, wine and ti much fiber has started causing me constipation. Thanks

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One more question atomic can we have low gi bread? How does gi play a role? Wholegrain is low gi and wholemeal is high gi along with white bread. I've got a gut feeling wholemeal is too different from wholegrain to be called the same when it comes to girl swaying.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    Ok thank you.
    Do we count fat pro an cal in vegetable or chicken stock? Also whats you're view on girl swayers taking evening primrose oil now?
    Yes, you'd count them. Now, some stocks have very little fat/protein in them, but you'd absolutely count what is there.

I don't want anyone taking EPO. Even tho we got poor results for it with blue swayers, that doesn't mean that the reverse would be true. Because pink and blue sways are different in many different ways, it may be that some things are just best for EVERYone to avoid because in some circumstances, substances behave differently than in others and it's the big picture that matters.

We just don't have a body of data to point to and say "look at all these people who got girls when taking EPO and a pink sway" and because of that, I have no reason to recommend it to anyone. Plus, EPO has messed up people's cycles quite badly and pink swayers are already quite prone to that happening so it's just not worth including.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has magnesium been shown more an more not to sway at all? I'm scared to take it if it even slightly sways blue but i need it for constipation, coffee, wine and ti much fiber has started causing me constipation. Thanks
    We don't have enough data to look at any one thing and say how it sways. I have certainly seen lots of people taking magnesium (particularly when taking mag by itself without the added calcium and vitamin D) and still having girls, but of course the best study ever done on maternal diet and gender conceived found that women who conceived the most boys ate more of ALL nutrients, including magnesium.

Please drop or cut way back on fiber supplements if you are taking them, till the constipation abates.

At the end of the day, if you need magnesium, you need it. But I'd start with cutting back or even dropping fiber. Coffee should actually make you NOT constipated as it's known to have a bowel-loosening effect for most people. And wine can go either way, with some people having loose stools after drinking, and others saying it constipates them.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One more question atomic can we have low gi bread? How does gi play a role? Wholegrain is low gi and wholemeal is high gi along with white bread. I've got a gut feeling wholemeal is too different from wholegrain to be called the same when it comes to girl swaying.
    I do not want you guys going down the low/high gi rabbithole. It requires too much analysis, too much research, too much constant attention and monitoring every morsel of food that you eat, and we have no reason to believe that it's at all necessary. It really is just as easy as 1500-1800 cals a day, 50-60 g protein and fat (not counting the fruits and veg as we've already discussed), full fat dairy only, selecting whole grains instead of the white refined grains, and cutting way back on sugar intake. That's it. It's all you need to do. Do that and let go of these concerns about specifics that I have not included. The reason I have not included those specifics is not because I haven't thought about them, but because I have some very solid and well thought out reasons (namely that it drives people completely crazy and doesn't confer benefits that outweigh the risks of control freakishness.)

Tracking GI factors is simply not important and will only serve to make you kookoo for Low GI Cocoa Puffs thinking about what measurement everything you eat has. Don't do it. I don't recommend it and in fact recommend AGAINST it. Low and high GI has no place here.

Again, and I have already answered this question now what...3 or 4 times at least...both whole grain and "whole meal" are ok. People are eating both of them and we are getting good results. One of them is ground up a little better than the other. It doesn't matter. They are BOTH head and shoulders superior to white refined grains. Even if, as you were saying, in NZ one of them has a a little white flour in it, it's STILL ok, still much better than a loaf of fluffy white bread and cookies and cake.

If it helps you to get past this stumbling block, think of it that way from now on - that ANYTHING is fine as long as it's not a sugary treat or on white fluffy bread. Ok? Both whole meal and whole grain are fine. White and fluffy and sugary sweet isn't.

Kazzz, you have gone right past red flags into klaxons blaring, "danger Will Robinson" territory. The reason I am pointing out to you that I have already answered all these things is not because I'm a big meanie pants who doesn't like answering questions (as I already have said, I answer questions every day, and whether it's questions from lots of people or lots of questions from one person, it's all the same to me) but because it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE danger sign for me, in terms of people whose sways don't work. I have this set of people who never accept my answers and simply ask and reask and re-re-ask and then reword and reask again, and OVERWHELMINGLY these people get boys. Not always, but so very often is this the case that I can ~almost~ pick out the people whose sways won't work out because of it.

I want your sway to work, so I simply can't go on being the straight man here for this chain of repeat questions that is not accomplishing what you think it is - putting your mind at ease, because your mind is clearly NOT at ease even when I answer you 2-3-4 times! What you're doing with the repeated questions on the same subject is by far worse for your sway than any difference between tinned and fresh tomatoes or whole meal vs whole grain could ever be. You are doing this simply as an anxiety relief mechanism, because you get worried about your sway and then by asking me something and getting a reply, it briefly abates your worries. But this is only ever a temporary solution unless you make a decision to embrace this ethos: "I have done all I can do, and now I have to let this go, and it will be what it will be" That is the key to success with a sway - you can ask a million questions but there will always be a million more, until you accept that reality. All you can do is a reasonable amount, and then beyond that it's in the hands of God/the universe/Lady Luck as per your belief system.

You got this. You are on the right track, but you have to stop getting so wound up over these absolutely meaningless details that you're no longer seeing the forest for the trees.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not want you guys going down the low/high gi rabbithole. It requires too much analysis, too much research, too much constant attention and monitoring every morsel of food that you eat, and we have no reason to believe that it's at all necessary. It really is just as easy as 1500-1800 cals a day, 50-60 g protein and fat (not counting the fruits and veg as we've already discussed), full fat dairy only, selecting whole grains instead of the white refined grains, and cutting way back on sugar intake. That's it. It's all you need to do. Do that and let go of these concerns about specifics that I have not included. The reason I have not included those specifics is not because I haven't thought about them, but because I have some very solid and well thought out reasons (namely that it drives people completely crazy and doesn't confer benefits that outweigh the risks of control freakishness.)

Tracking GI factors is simply not important and will only serve to make you kookoo for Low GI Cocoa Puffs thinking about what measurement everything you eat has. Don't do it. I don't recommend it and in fact recommend AGAINST it. Low and high GI has no place here.

Again, and I have already answered this question now what...3 or 4 times at least...both whole grain and "whole meal" are ok. People are eating both of them and we are getting good results. One of them is ground up a little better than the other. It doesn't matter. They are BOTH head and shoulders superior to white refined grains. Even if, as you were saying, in NZ one of them has a a little white flour in it, it's STILL ok, still much better than a loaf of fluffy white bread and cookies and cake.

If it helps you to get past this stumbling block, think of it that way from now on - that ANYTHING is fine as long as it's not a sugary treat or on white fluffy bread. Ok? Both whole meal and whole grain are fine. White and fluffy and sugary sweet isn't.

Kazzz, you have gone right past red flags into klaxons blaring, "danger Will Robinson" territory. The reason I am pointing out to you that I have already answered all these things is not because I'm a big meanie pants who doesn't like answering questions (as I already have said, I answer questions every day, and whether it's questions from lots of people or lots of questions from one person, it's all the same to me) but because it's a HUGE HUGE HUGE danger sign for me, in terms of people whose sways don't work. I have this set of people who never accept my answers and simply ask and reask and re-re-ask and then reword and reask again, and OVERWHELMINGLY these people get boys. Not always, but so very often is this the case that I can ~almost~ pick out the people whose sways won't work out because of it.

I want your sway to work, so I simply can't go on being the straight man here for this chain of repeat questions that is not accomplishing what you think it is - putting your mind at ease, because your mind is clearly NOT at ease even when I answer you 2-3-4 times! What you're doing with the repeated questions on the same subject is by far worse for your sway than any difference between tinned and fresh tomatoes or whole meal vs whole grain could ever be. You are doing this simply as an anxiety relief mechanism, because you get worried about your sway and then by asking me something and getting a reply, it briefly abates your worries. But this is only ever a temporary solution unless you make a decision to embrace this ethos: "I have done all I can do, and now I have to let this go, and it will be what it will be" That is the key to success with a sway - you can ask a million questions but there will always be a million more, until you accept that reality. All you can do is a reasonable amount, and then beyond that it's in the hands of God/the universe/Lady Luck as per your belief system.

You got this. You are on the right track, but you have to stop getting so wound up over these absolutely meaningless details that you're no longer seeing the forest for the trees.
    I couldn't agree more swaying makes me more crazy 😅 i know thats exactly why i have 3 boys and now that pressure is even more but I'm more aware then ever before and I'm trying everyday to settle myself with positive self talk. I am doing so many things differently in my life right now then i was when i conceived all 3 boys. I just need to trust an let go I'm doing my best. Thanks Atomic I'll keep trying. I was looking into myo-inositol and it helps with anxiety and ocd what do you think about me adding a little bit to my sway? My baby is 14 months old so if its not safe while breastfeeding i could part or fully wean him.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The dose for anxiety is huge and would be too much for our purposes. I hesitate to have you use myo given that you're not eating enough and you don't have PCOS, we're just doing the alternate diet since you got an opposite last time. Plus, your cycle isn't back yet and it could make it take even longer. It's not indicated for you medically. If you feel a burning need, you can take 500 mg (NO MORE THAN THAT) every other day till your cycle resumes, then 500 mg daily from AF-O, and every other day from O-AF, gradually weaning off at BFP.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast