Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love Girl sway again this time doing alternate diet plus more

Hey I'm 33 i have 3 boys my last was a sway fail but i was doing le with no exercise and this time I'm doing the alternate/pcos and hr exercise 6 days a week. I think I'll have a better chance this time around. Thank you for taking this journey with me again Atomic you are priceless!!
    Last edited by Kazzzz; April 21st, 2022 at 05:27 PM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a question. Are all foods ok aslong as fat protein an cals are in check? So there are no foods that should be looked sideways at? Lol not even like a slightly iffy like we should only have once-twice a wk because we're not sure maybe it sways blue? I have a feeling that high nutrition like heaps of fruit, veg, beans, nuts, seeds fish doesn't actually sway blue but what sways more is a lot of everything lol like eating alot an often an anything you want as much as you want listening to your random cravings sways blue. I have always eaten what ever i wanted and as much as I've wanted a big range of different foods etc i eat the same as my partner i think that could be quite common with boy mums. My sister is pregnant an she just found out its a boy and she eats just like me go figure. I'll start doing a daily meal blog here so people can see what I'm eating for idea or help give me tips along the way.
    Last edited by Kazzzz; July 13th, 2022 at 06:29 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LADIES - KEEP IN MIND THIS REPLY WAS MEANT FOR A PERSON ON THE ALTERNATE LE DIET (PCOS, THOSE WITH INSULIN RESISTANCE, MORE THAN 30-50 LBS TO SPARE, THOSE WHO ARE OLDER AND/OR HAVE POOR EGG QUALITY) - MOST PEOPLE WHO ARE ON THE EVERYDAY STANDARD LE DIET CAN HAVE SUGAR AND SKIM/PART SKIM DAIRY.

Avoid these small number of things: highly fortified foods like power bars, meal replacer shakes, breakfast cereals. Use only folic acid or folate, don't take a multivitamin or prenatal till after BFP. Avoid sweets and sugary treats, and white refined grains (except in terms of needing to have a cheat for sanity's sake). Avoid skim and part skim dairy. Everything else is fine within limits.

Fruit and high carb veg, you count calories only, they're free for protein and fat. Low carb veg are free and unlimited, have as much as you want, no need to count them.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 18th, 2022 at 04:40 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and I like people to keep fish to 2x a week simply because all women who are TTC should keep fish to 2x a week.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So above, you mention "high nutrient foods" like beans, nuts, fruit and veg, etc but the truth is you'd have to eat a mountain of most of those foods before you'd get up to the nutrition (because remember, beyond vitamins and minerals, calories, fat, and protein are also nutrients) in a Big Mac, fries, and a chocolate shake. You would probably explode before you could eat enough nuts (and nuts are among the most nutrient dense) to equal the amount of protein in a burger and fries...let alone something like broccoli, where you really would never get anywhere near as many calories unless you ate a whole truckload. Plus, it's about PORTIONS. People often come to me and say "I don't understand why I have all boys, I eat such terrible, low nutrient foods! Why, I often eat a whole package of Oreos at a sitting!" But a package of Oreos has a LOT of nutrition in it if you eat the whole thing! A reasonable meal even of "healthy" foods, say, lentil soup, pineapple, and a serving of yogurt would have by far and away less nutrients than a fast food meal. What we think of as "nutritious" or "healthy" foods doesn't mean that they have the absolute max of all nutrients vs. other foods, if that makes sense.

Everyone should be aware that just because the aforementioned foods are allowed, it doesn't mean that they're always equally good in terms of choices on the LE Diet. You absolutely could eat something like a Big Mac within the limits (I did this sometimes when I got my DD as we were traveling around and my husband was emphatically not supportive of swaying; he would have thought it was bizarre if I suddenly started ordering salads to eat while driving!) but the problem is on the PCOS-type diet you could NOT eat that daily because it has white buns, LOL. Secondly, at 540 calories, a Big Mac would be under your limits for the day, and then you'd be having to find 1000 cals, using only 30 g protein and fat for your other meals, which might be more difficult if you'd already burned half your fat and protein in one meal (since sometimes it can be hard to get enough calories without going overboard on fat and pro). And thirdly, in order to stick to the diet over the course of time, the more often you eat ONE big thing and then try to starve or suffer the rest of the day, that sets people up for failure, and a disruption in cycle. I do not want, and do not support, anyone eating only one meal a day on LE Diet. We have seen far too many people fall into terrible starvation diets, where they eat a huge chicken breast using up all their protein, then they eat cucumbers and iceberg lettuce to stay full, and gummy worms and marshmallows to try to get calories. That just isn't a safe, sane, balanced diet.

Some people do choose to skip over some of the old-school supposedly blue friendly foods.
    That's why I mention things like celery, oats, large amounts of fresh garlic, etc in the LE Diet even though I don't believe any of those things sway (except if you were to eat supplemental forms of them, in the case of garlic tablets or oat supplements like bodybuilders use) is because they are not necessary really and they lift right out of people's diets. No one NEEDS oats, really, so if people want to give them up, no biggie.
    But there is no reason to fear tomatoes, bananas, potatoes, and even avocado. They are fine and as we have continued to relax, more and more over time, on diet, sticking ONLY to limits, our results have gone up even though we eat more of those things than ever.

The difference between the higher limit of potassium on the mineral girl diets is roughly the same as the lower limit of potassium on the boy mineral diets. 2500 is the upper limit for pink, 3000 for blue (and some sources list 2500 for blue) This is about the amount
    of potassium in a small bowl of strawberries. Does it make ANY sense at all that the amount of potassium in a small bowl of strawberries is making anyone have a boy or a girl?? It just makes NO SENSE at all and since we've given up on all that stuff our results have gotten higher than ever. Bananas are junk, you don't need em, if you want to leave them out just because that's fine, but tomatoes and potatoes are super handy foods on LE Diet - pasta sauces, tinned tomato, salsa, plus baked potatoes and potato salad and other similar potato dishes, these things make it SO much easier to get the right amount of cals with the proper amount of pro and fat as well!!! My daughter, in addition to being partially comprised of Big Macs, LOL, I like to joke is about 30% potato. And avocados, while not necessary, are also good ways to get fat and calories, without much protein, and can be a handy thing to fall back on if needed.

7. Likes onelittlewish liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great information! Thank you!
    2001 Girl ~ 2003 Boy ~ 2012 Girl ~ 2021 Sway Boy got Boy ~ 2022 Sway Girl- Lost little Girl ~ Due April 2024 Girl

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just read this now thanks atomic. I'm worried that I've gained weight over the last week since adding in dairy but I'm still getting under the limits some days and at limits other days. How have i gained weight lol nearly a whole kg. Is 0.8 kg considered weight gain?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    Just read this now thanks atomic. I'm worried that I've gained weight over the last week since adding in dairy but I'm still getting under the limits some days and at limits other days. How have i gained weight lol nearly a whole kg. Is 0.8 kg considered weight gain?
    Well, if it "sticks" then yes, it's still weight gain. You just need to cut back on calories somewhere to make up for the difference in the full fat dairy.

"The Limits" are just a general thing to aim at. IF you gain weight at 1800 cals, cut back to more like 1600 and see how that goes instead.

PS - you should still aim at 50-60 g protein and fat.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am transferring all my replies to the original poster here so they are all in one spot for her to refer back to instead of having them spread out in several places.

That's exactly what we do when people have gotten a sway opposite on the white carbs. I would definitely advise the alternate diet for you. We are getting better results with the alt diet for most people now anyway, provided people can stick to it (some people are too picky of eaters for it, and others just waste away to nothing while doing it.)

Breastfeeding may sway a bit pink, not sure if you planned to continue but I definitely would recommend it if you are planning on it anyway!

No I don't think you need to diet another 12 weeks, just make changes in a more pink friendly direction moving forward. If your cycle's not back there's every chance that you will have plenty of time on diet!

Be careful with gluten free diets, because some of the alternate gluten free products are sky high in carbs. I have a full explanation of that here: [url]https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/80991-le-pcos-diet-whole-grains-brown-rice-high-carb-intake.html?highlight=gluten+free

Ok I answered some of these in a different message but

No grains is absolutely fine as long as you can stick in limits otherwise and aren't starving.

Fiber is before meals, only with meals containing fat. If a meal doesn't have fat, you don't need the fiber.

Artificial sweeteners have not seemed to do anything. Just use whichever one you want, although stevia is said by the old school sway people to sway blue.

Almond milk is ok, but some almond milks are higher in carbs. Full fat dairy is good for continuing ovulation.

For that reason, I like to see people have at least 1 serving of full fat dairy daily because we see people stop ovulating if they cut back too far in fat/cals. Something about dairy fat aids in ovulation. Also may help your cycles return.

You don't need eggs daily unless you can't get enough pro and fat otherwise.

You shouldn't eat salmon more than 2-3 times a week when TTC as there's a risk of mercury or other agricultural runoff that can build up in our bodies and may cause harm to developing fetuses.

Those foods are all fine but you need to stick within the limits - it's easy to fall too low or go over without realizing it. Yes give it a week to see how it works out!!

Yes that's right, better to do half and half than all white!

I think I answered the coffee question in your other thread.

Your diet seems fine but I think you should probably track it to be sure you're getting enough.

I don't think you need to give up bread, but it's fine if you want to provided you can get enough calories otherwise.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 25th, 2022 at 01:34 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Continuing on posting replies from messages into this thread so they are in one spot.
    Ladies if you have a lot of questions, posting them in ONE THREAD is best because people end up getting confused if they've posted in many other places.

On the alt. diet you would not want to be eating sugary stuff. So while it's not FORBIDDEN really, you'd want to limit it. And of course anything like power bars, meal replacer shakes, etc, that have added nutrients. Some people also like to avoid some of the "blue mythological foods" LOL like bananas or celery but you really don't need to. Other than that then you can have whatever you want within limits.

Short version of alt diet is this: 1500-1800 cals for most, 50-60 g protein and fat not counting the pro and fat in fruit and veg, and low carb veg are free and unlimited, count nothing in them, not even calories. Full fat dairy only, no skim. Whole grains only (with possible exception for pasta, since whole grain pasta is just terrible and white pasta is very high protein and doesn't have the same "crash and burn" effect that other white grains do.) Avoiding sweets and added sugar as much as possible.

Dairy is fine within the limits. The only reason why I'm negative at all about it is simply because the old school sway diets treat dairy as a free for all and tell people it has magical pink sway qualities. It doesn't, and people who are drinking/eating massive amounts of dairy often have boys becuase they've ingested so many nutrients. As long as you stay in the limits of the LE Diet, though, you can have dairy to whatever extent you want.

Both milk and yogurt is fine.

For your afternoon coffees you need to put in the smallest amount of milk you can get by with. That much milk is basically like having a meal. Just have enough to lighten the coffee to palatable levels instead of turning it into another meal. This isn't about the amount of dairy overall, it's that we don't want you to in effect be eating several times a day.

Full fat dairy only on alternate diet (skim dairy is TERRIBLE for PCOS tendencies). Yes, dairy is great for the alternate diet because it's a good way to get protein and fat without as many carbs. It also helps continue ovulation even if people lose too much weight (but don't lose too much weight, LOL) No one needs to avoid dairy, regardless of what you did in the past it's simply not at all necessary and you may really struggle to meet protein and fat needs without going overboard on carbs without it. It is NOT in that "fortified food" category like breakfast cereal and power bars. I would not have told you that it was ok if it wasn't. It is the limits that matter and milk and yogurt are fine in the limits as long as you have FULL FAT ONLY, no skim or part skim.

People want to play this game where they tell me "ok is it ok within an hour" or whatever, and here's the thing - big picture, what we're trying to do is avoid keeping our blood sugar high by constant food intake, right? That's our goal. So while yeah, having a milky coffee IMMEDIATELY after is fine, and if occasionally you had a milky coffee an hour after your meal it wouldn't be that bad in the grand scheme, surely you can see that the more often you do stuff like that, the longer out of the day your body will have food coming in, and the longer out of the day your blood sugar would stay up. So you eat, and then an hour later have a milky coffee, and you do that at three meals a day, you've just doubled the amount of time your blood sugar stays up. These kinds of questions are like trying to get off on a technicality - so yeah, on occasion NBD but there are reasons why I say "have it with a meal" and "an hour after a meal" is not "with a meal". I know that's not precisely what youre asking but just so there's no confusion on what I mean by "with a meal."

Yes, you absolutely could eat a Big Mac within the limits (i did this sometimes when I got my DD as we were traveling around and my husband was emphatically not supportive of swaying) but the problem is on the PCOS-type diet you could NOT eat that daily because it has white buns, LOL. Secondly, at 540 calories, it would be under your limits for the day, and then you'd be having to find 1000 cals, using only 30 g protein and fat for your other meals, which might be more difficult if you'd already burned half your fat and protein in one meal (since sometimes it can be hard to get enough calories without going overboard on fat and pro). And thirdly, in order to stick to the diet over the course of time, the more often you eat ONE big thing and then try to starve or suffer the rest of the day, that sets people up for failure, and a disruption in cycle. I do not want, and do not support, anyone eating only one meal a day on LE Diet. I get that you're using that as an example but you'd be surprised the number of times I assumed something was "just an example" only to find that people were reading a lot into my reply, so I just want to be sure you know that one huge meal and then starving the rest of the day is no bueno. Even if it was something like a holiday, there's no benefit in starving and then gorging. It sets you up for a binge-purge cycle; it's fine to cheat now and then on holidays or just for sanity's sake, but then the rest of the day do ur LE Diet as normal, don't try to "make up for" a big meal by starving the rest of a day.

There is no reason to fear tomatoes, bananas, and potatoes. Did you know the difference between the higher limit of potassium on the mineral girl diets is roughly the same as the lower limit of potassium on the boy mineral diets??
    Does it make ANY sense to you at all that the amount of potassium in a small bowl of strawberries is making anyone have a boy or a girl?? It just makes NO SENSE at all and since we've given up on all that stuff our results have gotten higher than ever. Bananas are junk, you don't need em, if you want to leave them out just because that's fine, but tomatoes and potatoes are super handy foods on LE Diet - pasta sauces, tinned tomato, salsa, plus baked potatoes and potato salad and other similar potato dishes, these things make it SO much easier to get the right amount of cals with the proper amount of pro and fat as well!!! My daughter, in addition to being partially comprised of Big Macs, LOL, I like to joke is about 30% potato.

Well to be honest, actually you are coming off pretty OCD to me right now, so I think we need to take a moment and get that in check because I'm starting to feel very nervous for the sake of your sway. I'm honestly thankful your cycle isn't back yet so we can get this reined in before you can get pregnant.

There's no reason to ask me if every individual food is ok. Not only is it incredibly control freakish, but also it's far easier for you to understand if you just look at what you CAN'T eat than what you have, and I have already gone over that for you. I have a more thorough explanation of why it's best for you to stop asking the same question over and over again (just so you understand, it is not at all because it irritates me in any way, because I answer the same questions several times a day, and whether they come from one person or several it's all the same to me. It's because it's actually terrible for your sway and I see a whole lot of people who do this, end up with opposites.)

Avoid these small number of things: highly fortified foods like power bars, meal replacer shakes, breakfast cereals. Avoid sweets and sugary treats, and white refined grains (except in terms of needing to have a cheat for sanity's sake). Avoid skim and part skim dairy. That's it. That's everything. Everything else is fine within limits. Pineapple is fine. Lentils are fine. The OTHER beans in your cupboard are also perfectly fine!!! Full fat dairy and yogurt is fine. Please do not go through every item in your cupboard and ask me if it's ok, because it is HUGELY control freakish and is a big red flag for me.

Now, not everything is going to be equally helpful to you for sticking in the diet, as I explained both in terms of eating Big Macs and also in terms of massive amounts of dairy, so I won't explain that again.

Here is our 2021 success rate: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...=add+pink+sway 2020 is here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...y-results.html 2019 is here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...y-results.html Overall stats thru 2018 is here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ete+sway+stats Please note that we have more people than ever in 2021 on the alterate style LE Diet so clearly it is working for people better than the standard.

I would not mess around with BCP trying to make your cycle come back. While it is believed to sway somewhat pink, in many cases it only makes it take LONGER for your cycle to return, and in many MORE cases your cycle will just return when it was going to, anyway...so like you could be on BCP for three months, then come off, and have it take another couple months to get your cycle normalized, so on the 6th cycle things are back to normal again. But at the same time you could have just waited six months and it would have been back to normal again anyway (plus, it might have been back to normal in 3 months, but you wouldn't know because you were taking the BCP!) It's just caused more trouble than it's worth to anyone except those who need it as a birth control method.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 25th, 2022 at 01:34 PM.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast