Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes if you have a can of beans with 5 g of fat in it then it absolutely had oil added. Glad you counted that!

I would stick with the 50 mg (whether you get 100's and split them, or just the 50, either way). Then you'd take that from CD 3-7.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks. I don't know how long it will take for me to conceive but i hate the diet so different to what I'm use to which i guess is a good sign. I hope it doesn't take too long though. Do you have advice on how to restart periods postpartum while still breastfeeding? My 15 month old has recently reduced his number of day feeds so only feeding him before his 1 nap a day, before bed at night and 3 times during the night he's pretty bad during the night for his age lol that's probably whats delaying my period.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey also i can get femara or clomid so which would you recommend? I know a few years ago femara seemed better for a girl sway. Based on more sways since then do you now know more info?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Kazzzz, what are the most irritating things to you about the diet?? We can often change things up to make it easier to stick with diet in the long term, either by correcting misconceptions about what you can and can't eat, while also bending the least important rules somewhat.

The best thing you can do is be sure you're eating enough. Yes, cutting back on night feeds may help, but as a mom to kiddos who ALWAYS nursed a lot at night, I know that is easier said than done and the disruption to sleep and everyone's overall happiness level will ALSO be challenging in terms of your cycle coming back. I would just keep doing what you're doing and don't cut back too far on food intake, particularly fat.

None of the herbal remedies work in any reliable way, and they're all very disruptive to the cycle, in many cases making it take even longer to resume.

I suspect your cycle will be coming back in short order. The longest mine ever took, even when on LE Diet and nursing TWO babies in tandem was 18 months.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    Hey also i can get femara or clomid so which would you recommend? I know a few years ago femara seemed better for a girl sway. Based on more sways since then do you now know more info?
    Both Clomid and Femara are good for pink. One study seemed to show slightly higher rates of pink in Femara, but it was minimal. We have good results with both. People 38ish and up should use Femara as it's not as harsh on egg quality as Clomid can be, but anyone 37 and younger can generally use Clomid, for sure anyone 35 and under can use Clomid.

I feel that we have seen better odds of conception on Clomid, so I generally recommend that anyone in the right age range that has the option, use Clomid. But both are fine, and it very well may be the reason why we occasionally see people who are having trouble getting pregnant on Femara has more to do with the fact that they're older and/or can't take Clomid for some reason.

Long story short, 37 and under can use Clomid, for sure if you're under 35, 38ish and up use Femara (unless Clomid is all you can get)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic thank you thats good to hear about the 18months because i also read its not common to still be without a period past that 18months mark. I'm thinking August for our first attempt anyway so fingers crossed it comes back some time 15-18months. I'm open to conceiving anytime before then if it happens but would rather sway with clomid which i haven't got yet and also would like to avoid having my kids share a birth month but we have been having unprotected sex randomly here an there which would full into 1 attempt if i court the first egg. Otherwise I'll start properly trying in August.

With the diet its the no snacking i hate and not being able to eat often and what ever i want lol i use to get a treat for myself everytime i went into any store very high calorie diet i can only imagine. I'd get a large bigmac combo and drown my fries in ketchup and eat a large chocolate sunday all in 1 sitting. But thats ok i guess i just miss being a pig lol I keep telling myself when i get my bfp i can go back to eating how ever i want. I'm really enjoying aiming at 60/60/2000 that feels much better i feel spoilt but weight still down 1kg since last week but i only just increased 3 days ago so we'll see. I'm eating full fat yoghurt an pineapple with every meal at 11am 3pm an 7pm gosh its so amazing its my happy meal like a dessert.

I'll get an take clomid after my period returns thanks
    Last edited by Kazzzz; May 12th, 2022 at 10:33 PM.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So what are all the sway things for pcos sway as a whole?
    Staying within limits
    Low-no sugar
    Exercise
    Fasting
    No snacking
    Clomid if you can get it
    Coffee
    Alcohol
    Is that right? I'm doing all these plus breastfeeding and the myo-inositol which i just started every second day.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, it's not super common but it's certainly not rare. We see it fairly often.

yes keep on with the 60-60-2000.

If you want to, you can absolutely add in a 4th meal and see if that helps (with the same amount of cal/pro/fat intake just spread thinner). It's still different than grazing all day long and it may help you feel happier on the diet.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is what I wrote on the first page of this thread:

Short version of alt diet is this: 1500-1800 cals for most, 50-60 g protein and fat not counting the pro and fat in fruit and veg, and low carb veg are free and unlimited, count nothing in them, not even calories. Full fat dairy only, no skim. Whole grains only (with possible exception for pasta, since whole grain pasta is just terrible and white pasta is very high protein and doesn't have the same "crash and burn" effect that other white grains do.) Avoiding sweets and added sugar as much as possible.

Yes, exercise, clomid if you can get it, coffee, alcohol are great to add in
    If possible, you'd want to have that 12-16 hour fast overnight and then keep it to 3 meals in the rest of that time. Some people prefer only 2 meals and that's also ok. 1 meal is not ok. If you need to do more like 12 hour fast and 4 meals, we've had some people do that and still get girls.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic that perfectly sums it up. I'll stick to 3 meals for now. I'm much happier with thos sway then i was last time i swayed because i was only eating 2 meals so towards the end i started cheating due to what must have been starvation i wasn't counting and was hungry alot. I was also drinking like 1/2 to a full bottle of wine each night man that must have bumped my calories right up. I can see were i went wrong and how to do better this time. Its a marathon not a sprint lol

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast