Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!! Honestly I'd do away with the 2 meals all together, but there are a whole lot of people who actually prefer 2 big meals where they feel completely satisfied, OR who are slower at digesting and feel stuffed with three. So I just leave it at 2 or 3 whichever works best for you.

1000% agree - definitely marathon!!! The "sprinters" get way worse results too!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just going to reply here
    I struggled to get all numbers up at the start now I'm loving it. I like having room to move kinda thing and if after dinner I'm low on things i get to have a snack or two le/alt friendly like yoghurt an fruit i love that I'm eating more now i just pray i don't gain cause i don't want to reduce anything lol 60/60/2000 is doable long term. I was wondering if tinned pineapple is ok is it much sweeter then fresh? I get the one in juice not syrup and i don't consume the juice. Also is it to much carbs in one day to have bread, rice, pasta, beans all in the same day? I've using be beans in my vegetable patties an in my soups. I know you've said only worry about fat pro an cals but i sometimes think about carbs would be nice to clear that up. Its all brown ie rice pasta bread etc but is having all of them everyday ok? A small amount of each.

And last thing when you say count protein in peas do you mean like frozen green peas? Or just like in chickpeas etc

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry if you already spoke about beans daily carbs etcs. I'll add my daily meals from the last around about 10 days an you'll see if it's too carby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't want you to track carbs. If you eat the appropriate amount of fat, protein, calories, avoid sugary treats, and focus on whole grains instead of white refined grains (with the possible exception of pasta, as we already discussed) then the carbs take care of themselves. Only worry about fat, protein, and calories. Do not track carbs. And you can have any combination of foods within those limits, meaning that yes, you can have them all in one day. Any combination within limits.

Fresh pineapple is probably better, but if the tinned is what's available, it's certainly better than a cookie or whatever.

Yes, you count the protein in peas. They are legumes and as such have protein that your body can actually use (instead of the microscopic amounts that are in other veg that your body doesn't really have access to).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    Sorry if you already spoke about beans daily carbs etcs. I'll add my daily meals from the last around about 10 days an you'll see if it's too carby
    Please do not. There is no point to it and I don't want you to track carbs. This is simply an anxiety thing and you do not need to add all that up. The more you fret about stuff that doesn't matter, the worse it is for your sway.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok got it. Thank you so much I'll just remember that as long as I'm within limits the carbs are in check by default. I'm more relaxed now then i have been. I pretty much know everything i need to know now and can relax and sell our house so we can move its good to have a big distraction.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Please do not. There is no point to it and I don't want you to track carbs. This is simply an anxiety thing and you do not need to add all that up. The more you fret about stuff that doesn't matter, the worse it is for your sway.
    Hey do you still recommend to avoid onion and garlic if possible? And why do women taking metformin get to be more slack on diet or have more leeway? Whats the idea behind that?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It largely depends on how strict you personally want to be.

Honestly, I never believed that anyone had to limit onion and garlic for a sway (it simply makes no sense as people eat loads of onion and garlic in countries around the world) but when I first made the LE Diets, I tried to keep as much harmless stuff in as I could, and since no one technically NEEDS onions or garlic, I figured if people wanted to leave them out, they could. (same with celery) But I do not think eating a bit of onion or garlic could harm a sway whatsoever and you guys can absolutely continue eating them if you want. It makes absolutely no sense that anyone's sway ever came down to eating onions. It just doesn't work that way.

But it's up to you. As a compromise, you can keep things like salsa, marinara sauce, etc that has added garlic and onion flavoring, and skip eating large amounts of home cooked garlic and onion in your meals. But there's no real reason to other than me just trrying to placate people who (back at the start of this site) were super hung up on the old school diets.

The reason why people on Metformin have a bit more leeway is because Metformin helps improve insulin response in people and thus they can handle carbs better than someone who isn't on it. Additionally, sometimes people on Metformin have a harder time keeping weight on and may need a little help with that in terms of slightly more refined carbs, simply to prevent themselves from losing weight they can't spare, or losing a lot of weight very quickly.

Please be aware that metformin is a powerful drug, it is not right for everyone or even most people, and I do not want anyone taking it for no reason thinking it would sway, or thinking that they can now have sugary stuff while on it. Even with metformin you'd still get better results with whole grains, fruit, and veg. So please, ladies, unless you have been prescribed metformin for medical need, do not take it without your doctor's approval.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It largely depends on how strict you personally want to be.

Honestly, I never believed that anyone had to limit onion and garlic for a sway (it simply makes no sense as people eat loads of onion and garlic in countries around the world) but when I first made the LE Diets, I tried to keep as much harmless stuff in as I could, and since no one technically NEEDS onions or garlic, I figured if people wanted to leave them out, they could. (same with celery) But I do not think eating a bit of onion or garlic could harm a sway whatsoever and you guys can absolutely continue eating them if you want. It makes absolutely no sense that anyone's sway ever came down to eating onions. It just doesn't work that way.

But it's up to you. As a compromise, you can keep things like salsa, marinara sauce, etc that has added garlic and onion flavoring, and skip eating large amounts of home cooked garlic and onion in your meals. But there's no real reason to other than me just trrying to placate people who (back at the start of this site) were super hung up on the old school diets.

The reason why people on Metformin have a bit more leeway is because Metformin helps improve insulin response in people and thus they can handle carbs better than someone who isn't on it. Additionally, sometimes people on Metformin have a harder time keeping weight on and may need a little help with that in terms of slightly more refined carbs, simply to prevent themselves from losing weight they can't spare, or losing a lot of weight very quickly.

Please be aware that metformin is a powerful drug, it is not right for everyone or even most people, and I do not want anyone taking it for no reason thinking it would sway, or thinking that they can now have sugary stuff while on it. Even with metformin you'd still get better results with whole grains, fruit, and veg. So please, ladies, unless you have been prescribed metformin for medical need, do not take it without your doctor's approval.
    Thanks for clearing that up so myo-inositol is similar? Also when can i increase my myo-inositol I'm taking 600 every second day? And is a sugary treat ok once in a blue moon? I had a small apple muffin with my breakfast while out with my sisters. It didn't taste overly sweet to be honest but i felt guilty. I've had maybe 2-3 sweet things over the last 4 months so this is hugely different for me as i normally eat 1-2 sweet treats a day.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, myoinositol is not similar to Metformin, they're different things that may have similar OVERALL effects (making you more resistant to high blood sugar) but they work in very different ways and are not interchangeable. Since you shouldn't be on Metformin anyway, this doesn't apply to you, but in case anyone is reading this who is on Metformin and now imagines that they are the same, no, they're not, and anyone who has been prescribed Metformin should stay on it rather than switch over to myoinositol. If they were interchangeable your doctor would already have given it to you.

Metformin is very much stronger than myoinositol, so if you are asking me if the rules are the same for myoinositol as I've explained above, no, not really. If you're having weight fly off, then yes of course you'd eat more overall and ~possibly~ more empty carbs if that were the only way to get enough calories, but you'd want to try to stick to the diet as much as possilbe (this is true on Metformin as well, of course)

Don't increase your myoinositol. You don't need more.

Cheating for the sake of both sanity and also because you don't want to have to explain to your family members why you're eating weirdly, is not only allowed, but encouraged as needed on the LE Diet. This includes occasionally having something sweet on the alternate diet. Having something sweet 2-3 times in 4 months is absolutely fine and honestly an apple muffin probably was a great choice.

Please don't feel guilty about stuff like that. It isn't necessary and in fact is counterproductive since it's a control freak mindset to get hung up on small details that don't matter at all. You can see there's a huge difference between eating sweets a couple times a day and vs. what you're doing now, and that's what matters.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast