Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks yep i agree. I just have this thought this time around that sugar is my enemy since its always been so prominent in my life up until now and i have 3 boys lol I'll allow a sweet treat once a month or something.
    Can myo-inositol help restore periods?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey I'm drinking vodka an soda water with fresh lime juice do i need to count any of that except of course the vodka? And i just realised I've been counting my fat/pro an cals to the first decimal so instead of counting say 23.45 i just count 23.4 is that ok? Probably not ay?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    Thanks yep i agree. I just have this thought this time around that sugar is my enemy since its always been so prominent in my life up until now and i have 3 boys lol I'll allow a sweet treat once a month or something.
    Can myo-inositol help restore periods?
    Right, but you have to avoid all or nothing thinking. Look at how very different what you're doing now is from what you were doing before. It's a huge change.

One of the reasons why it is so important to allow yourself cheats is because people in your life do not understand why you're eating in odd ways. They ask a questions, which swayers find very stressful, and so swayers end up coming up with all these crazy plots and schemes to trick people into not noticing (and this is SUPER CONTROL FREAKISH and sways far more than the occasional diet cheat could). There were people back on Ingender who would write 5 page long threads with all these schemes to "get away with" eating at a holiday, at a work function, etc etc etc. Yet if you look at the diets of everyone who has kids of either gender, absolutely NONE of us ever ate straight off the girl or boy menu all the time, and there are tons of different food combos and cuisines all around the world, it just makes absolutely NO sense that anyone is getting girls or boys because they ate ONLY cranberry and rice cakes or iceberg lettuce and Top Ramen without ever eating anything else ever. It just does not add up at all. And by allowing those occasional cheats, we completely circumvent that "swaycessing" some people do around holidays and special occasions, in addition to giving more leeway to avoid getting out of control cravings, and to give your body a chance at nutrients it may be lacking.

Our good results are all in people who do occasionally cheat. Cheating does not hurt and in fact helps. Many of my opposites are in the people who are the most super strict and controlling because they have to be so constantly obsessing over their sways, at all times.

You don't need to set a time frame on cheating. As needed. That way if something comes up and you're with your sister and she wants to get a muffin, you can do that and don't think "well I already had a cheat this month so I can't." Try to let go of control when you can.

If your period had gone missing because of PCOS, then yes, it can for some people help restore cycles. Your cycles have gone missing from breastfeeding and in that case, myoinositol may actually take LONGER. This is because myoinositol can lower levels of some hormones, which is good for PCOS since it's an issue of too many of certain hormones, but not as good for cycles that have gone missing from breastfeeding, which is often caused by lower than normal hormone levels. Prolactin, caused by nursing, can make your estrogen a bit lower (this is good and how it may help a sway) but since the myo can also have similar effects (it lowers androgens all together, which if it goes too far, may have a negative effect on your overall fertility, but again, this is likely how it sways) it may make it take longer for your cycle to come back.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lime = fruit = count calories only, not fat or protein. But if you're having a minuscule amount as a flavoring agent you'd not bother with it as it doesn't amount to anything. Try to keep in mind we're working with generalities.

Actually, just count in roiugh whole numbers. So if you have say 23.8 grams just round to 24. If you have 23.4 grams round down to 23. You do not need to do things to the decimal, that's exactly the type of detail-oriented, meaningless stuff that messes with the control freakishness factor.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Lime = fruit = count calories only, not fat or protein. But if you're having a minuscule amount as a flavoring agent you'd not bother with it as it doesn't amount to anything. Try to keep in mind we're working with generalities.

Actually, just count in roiugh whole numbers. So if you have say 23.8 grams just round to 24. If you have 23.4 grams round down to 23. You do not need to do things to the decimal, that's exactly the type of detail-oriented, meaningless stuff that messes with the control freakishness factor.
    Ok yes i did think about rounding it up or down that would be so much better but i didn't want to muck it up by trying to make it easier. I'm trying really hard to relax without over thinking it but I've got to be honest swaying takes up alot of my thoughts it mostly around food because I'm cooking to suit the sway, normally just meat an 3 veg but now I'm doing vege/rice bakes, soups, veg /lentil patties, vege chilli etc so a bit more planning an work so its on my mind. I like to cook really fulling meals. I cooked your idea of creamy cheesy potato bake the other night omg so so delicious i will be making it once a week for sure since the whole family was happy with it.

Do you think i should stop the myo for now? Until my period returns? I'm not interested in delaying things even more.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want you to make it easier on things like that!! A little more, a little less, that sort of thing is ok.

Over time, you will find you think about the sway less and less. That's one of the reasons why it's actually kinda nice to have a head start with your cycle being away for now - by the time it comes back we'll have all this figured out.

One thing that worked for me when swaying (without much planning involved) was simply cooking normal meals for my family and then I'd just not eat the meat. So I'd have a vege/salad, rice or potato side dish, sometimes a small dessert (as I wasn't on the alt. diet) or a buttered whole grain roll, and then my husband and kiddos would have meat, but I'd just not eat that. It worked really well.

I would rather you didn't use the myoinositol. It's your choice but I would not have recommended it for you).

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks for the tips i mite start having dinner sides ie vegetables with brown rice an a bit of butter since brown rice is higher in pro an need to balance the fat. I'll just cook a whole bunch of different veges an lots of them. This would be a quick an easy go to dinner.

I'll stop myo for now. I really want my period to return when its due to an not be delayed by me.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey was just reading an old post of yours can we eat protein an carbs together for breakfast now? I eat large meals at 11am, 3pm, and 7-8 pm. Also thought I'd update you my weight is staying put now I'm hitting 2000/60/60 so I'm happy about that.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazzzz View Post
    Hey was just reading an old post of yours can we eat protein an carbs together for breakfast now? I eat large meals at 11am, 3pm, and 7-8 pm. Also thought I'd update you my weight is staying put now I'm hitting 2000/60/60 so I'm happy about that.
    Yes, that was something we came up with for people who had to eat breakfast. But over time we saw enough people who had to eat breakfast and still got girls anyway that we no longer worry about that. As it turned out, it was more the all day eating that was messing with sways and not just breakfast itself. There's nothing magic about breakfast, it's just the number of hours overall you're going without food coming in.

Awesome job on getting more food!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, that was something we came up with for people who had to eat breakfast. But over time we saw enough people who had to eat breakfast and still got girls anyway that we no longer worry about that. As it turned out, it was more the all day eating that was messing with sways and not just breakfast itself. There's nothing magic about breakfast, it's just the number of hours overall you're going without food coming in.

Awesome job on getting more food!
    Hey i was thinking a few things

1. I was thinking what if its actually eating at night that sway more blue because after like 3 o'clock our bodies fat burning slows right down so people trying to lost weight are told to have an early dinner 5-6 then nothing till breakfast i watched a programme about how our bodies work an diets etc

2. Also whats your thoughts on maca powder for restarting periods? I used it after having my first 2 children an it brought my period back within 7 days each time. It apparently stabilises hormones

3. I know on the alt sugar is to be avoided or limited but does that go for artificial sweeteners too? I was thinking since it doesn't raise blood sugar maybe its ok? I thought i could get away with baking something like wholemeal fruit muffins with some artificial sweetener in them. This is me wanting sweet but avoiding "sugar" lol
    Last edited by Kazzzz; May 23rd, 2022 at 06:03 AM.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast