Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This may also be helpful in terms of understanding what "fortified foods" really are and also the control freakishness of asking the same question repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The stuff you're thinking of in terms of "avoiding fortified foods" are things with large amounts of added nutrients crammed into them like power bars, meal replacer shakes, breakfast cereal, where you're eating them and getting massive intake of ALL your day's nutrients - things that have the equivalent of a whole ground up vitamin pill in them. Not regular ordinary foods. Even foods some with minor fortification, like dairy and pasta - are fine in your sway. We just can't get away from that. Please note, that even if you had 6 cups of milk like I described above, that would still be less than 100% Vitamin D and well within pink range on potassium according to the mineral diets, if that is important to you, so having dairy foods is absolutely NOTHING like taking a multivitamin or eating fortified foods.

atomic tough love alert: What you are doing here, asking me the same question over and over again, IS control freakishness. I understand you guys tell yourself that if you just can only get your every doubt erased, eventually you'll get to some place where you'll relax, but it's the process of trying to have those doubts erased that is the issue. a) "I feel anxiety about my sway b) "I'll ask atomic about this, so I can alleviate my anxiety c) "atomic answered me, but did she really understand what I was asking? Maybe she misunderstood. Yikes, maybe she was wrong??? Now I feel anxious again" d) "I'll ask her again just to be absolutely SURE and then my anxiety will go away". But it never works because it's natural to feel anxious about sways, so you're back at square one again, repeating that process over and over again (and in many cases actually going back through old posts, or dredging up studies, trying to catch me in a mistake or a lie - not saying you are doing this, Kazzz, but some people do, and OVERWHELMINGLY they have more boys, even with extremely micromanaged "perfect" sways full of mindnumbing attention to detail)

This is exactly what I don't want you to do. Plus, it takes up my time answering the same question over and over again and your other thread is still sitting there unanswered since I've taken so much time with this.

Trying to micromanage your environment and alleviate your anxiety by overly focusing on details that are either totally meaningless or that you've already gotten an answer on is a big red flag for me, so I'm hoping that we can put this behind us now and you can accept the answer I've already given you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep i know its mostly this anxiety but i can't stop it. I'm feeling doubtful about my sway all together today because I'm thinking about food an my sway maybe 70% of everyday I'm not just relaxed like alot of other swayers i worry my ocd/anxiety will sway boy no matter what i do and everything is pointless because of this. I keep thinking maybe medication would be the only thing that could save my sway.

Are there any free (ish) alt sweet treats we can have? Like marshmallows are they still ok on the girl sway diet? Would love a go to sweet treat.
    Last edited by Kazzzz; June 8th, 2022 at 07:55 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want/need to get my period back asap so i can conceive asap. It's not easy being on a sway with ocd/anxiety. I've aways got fixated on things in my life whether its a diet or a job i give to much and go all in on it. (it) is always something different and right now its swaying but me going into it so hard is actually hurting my sway like you've said and I've known this since my first failed sway but how do i stop. I think i mite try the medication. I have it in my cupboard but i just never really take medications of any sort unless it absolutely necessary.
    Last edited by Kazzzz; June 8th, 2022 at 07:58 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On the alternate diet you can't have sugary stuff like marshmallows. Anything that's sweetened with sugar is not allowed. Is there something that's artificially sweetened that you might try??

If anxiety is truly something out of your control, then that's when you might consider the medication. Now, I personally don't like taking medication either, but if you really simply can't break out of what we call the "hamster wheel brain" mindset then it's something to consider. There's a big difference between people who are making color coded charts and daily schedules because they think "this will help my sway" and then I tell them to stop and they do stop, vs. someone who is simply compelled into a certain set of behaviors over and over again and honestly can't just stop doing that. If you're in the latter camp, then I'd definitely speak with your doc and see if it's something that can benefit you, not only for your sway but in your overall life!! Unchecked anxiety that manifests in compulsive behavior is life-ruining and it very well may be that you do need a bit of extra help moving past that, sway or no! Just food for thought.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep I've had doctors etc offer me medication for anxiety many times I've tried some but never stuck to anything so jt is clinically a diagnosis on my medical chart. Not ocd but I'd say the anxiety is creating some ocd tendencies an it leaves me clinging to things and going all in type of thing. I have the medication so I'll think about it over the weekend.

There are no sweetened treats i have in mind but if i find any I'll let you know and it would be had with a meal not in between.

Ok back to the rice cakes I'm still thinking they are not good for a girl sway. I eat 6 rice cakes with stir fry veg with hummus an salad dressing for breakfast. My rice cakes are lightly salted plan brown rice cakes but the problem is is that they basically contain no fiber so just all carbs an rice cakes are bad for blood sugar so not recommend for people with diabetes even brown rice cakes. (i dont have diabetes) There are 30 carbs in 6 of my rice cakes and 2 grams of fiber. If you 1000% believe they are a great girl sway food can you tell me please. I'm wondering if a wholemeal wrap would be better since the fiber stops the conversion to sugar or something like that or maybe i should have a small serving of psyllium husk when eating them? I have experienced low blood sugar alot since having my middle child 5 years ago were i get shaky sweaty an weak and feel overwhelmingly hungry. I'm nit sure if thats a diabetic thing. My sister and auntie both with all boys also experience this monthly
    Last edited by Kazzzz; June 9th, 2022 at 07:34 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also it looks like anxiety raises blood sugar maybe this is also working against me. Did you say you used stevia while girl swaying right?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    30 grams of carbs with 2 g fiber is ok. That's not bad at all. Keep eating them if that works for you. Less than two slices of whole wheat bread, and people eat that all the time. The wholemeal wrap is also good.

Please stop counting carbs or even thinking about them. It is not necessary and only gives you another detail to obsess over.

I don't think rice cakes are "a pink food" because there are no pink foods. They can be part of a pink sway diet but there's nothing magic about them, eat a whole grain wrap sometimes if you prefer, or whole grain bread. The limits are what matters and avoiding the sugar and white refined grains.

Adding fiber with carbs gains you nothing really. (only with fatty foods) The reason why we mention fiber with carbs is because carbs that are from fiber, don't "count" for net carbs. Not because the fiber helps your body regulate the carbs really, but just because food with fiber in it has fewer carbs than you think (thus rice cakes only have 28 g carbs.)

No, I didn't use stevia, that was another person who chimed into the thread.

Please don't worry about "anxiety raising blood sugar" or things like that. We don't know how any of this works. Just do what works for most people most of the time, stick in those limits and try not to go down the rabbitholes where you're worrying about things that don't mater and/or are not known.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    High carbs without fibre turns to sugar in the body or something like that an thats why diabetics have to be careful while eating rice cakes in particular. I'm going to ditch them an have a wrap instead just so I'm not thinking about it anymore. Its been on my mind like a red flag since i started swaying. Its ok i love wraps too. Thanks for you advice an support it means alot to me. Which sweetener did you use while swaying? What sweetener do most use? I'm scared that I'm cheating by using sweetener because i enjoy it as much as sugar lol i use it like sugar it tastes like sugar mainly the liquid and so i feel like I'm still having sugar. I'm learning to bake with it since baking sweets and eating sweets are my happy place. I hope this isn't counterintuitive

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just checked and my wholemeal bread actually has 32 carbs an 6 fiber so its a little bit better and more filling an i won't worry about it anymore. I'm happy

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are broccoli and cauliflower completely free? Even in high doses lol I've made a creamy broccoli and cauliflower soup it has 2 whole cauliflower in it one of the Collie flowers has been blended into the base and also 2 whole broccoli. I thought I'd check since last time with the tomatoe soup you told me to count cals since it was a ton of tomatoes not just a side or few slices etc

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast