Thread: Opk Testing

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opk Testing

Hi Ladies,

After some advice re opk testing and times. Im sure ive got into an OCD over testing, especially if I start getting a faint line (eventhough I know that is a negative).
    Im sure I used to test 12-2pm and again 8pm ish for my last sways but this time I seem to be testing at all sorts of time.
    I got a positive (darker than control line) at 11pm so I checked again at 4am and the next day 2pm.
    The 4 am was positive so I dtd but the 2pm following day could have been darker (unsure but deffo positive). Now my brain is thinking had I not gone crazy in testing and I left the 11pm dark test and then tested the next morning at 2pm it would have been proper positive and I would have done my deed that night. Now my minds going overdrive that I dtd too early. I know whats done is done but just wanna prepare myself for next time and try to get my opk test done the right time and I think maybe Im getting false positive during the wrong times!
    Sorry for the long post!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Darkness of OPK doesn't matter. Please don't wait for the darkest positive to have an attempt ever, as that may be too late. It's by far better to have attempt too soon than too late, as you risk missing the egg.

I do think you should go back to testing at 12-2 and rather than at 8, more like 5 pm.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ohhh Im confused! Ive always read opk is a positive once the test line is dark as or darker than the control line…? ��
    So when should I dtd the deed according to the opk tests, what am I looking for on the strip tests (dip in urine ones) please?
    So would you say my attempt was too late then?
    Is night testing a total no-no?
    Having done the deed when I have, is that boy territory?
    Last edited by Parying4agirl; May 8th, 2022 at 01:17 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was not critiquing your attempt. I am answering your questions. The reason I am telling you what I'm telling you is that I'm simply explaining how OPK work, not saying anything about your attempt per se.

I can't tell you when your attempt was in relation to ovulation. That is beyond my or anyone's ability to know. I am trying to express that you will get best results at 12ish thru 5ish pm (it's ok to be a little later) because testing at 11 pm could mean you actually miss a surge and don't catch it till the next day. In future months you should stop testing at 11 pm and 4 am because those are not good times to get a reliable result on any OPK. Night testing is fine if that's the only time you CAN test, but it's by no means the best time to test. It looks to me like your attempt was in the fertile window and has a good chance. But I have no way of knowing if that is the case with 100% certainty.

Yes, the test is positive when you get the first line that's darker or as dark as control. But then you started talking about the darkest test and I was trying to explain that you should NOT WAIT for the darkest test, you go with first positive.

You can get false positives on OPK, that's the thing. What OPK strips do is simply measure an amount of hormone in your pee. So if for some reason your pee was super concentrated, it might make a positive test when you hadn't surged yet, or much more likely, you might gear up to ovulate and even surge, then your body decides to wait a little longer. So you can get a positive test, then still not ovulate for a couple days or even a week after.

Again, I can't tell you when you ovulated in relation to your tests. I'm just trying to help you use the OPK in the most reliable way possible, and testing at random times of day and night is not the best way to do that.

There is no boy territory. Timing does not work and it's been as debunked as it's possible for something in science to BE debunked. The reason we have attempt at first positive OPK is simply because it's a handy way to have an attempt in the fertile window without any guesswork. It's a good point for conceiving with one attempt. It has nothing to do with the gender of a baby, though.

5. Thanks Parying4agirl thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry Atomic I didnt mean anything bad by it. I misread thinking I was using opks wrong. I ended up having two attempts and in fertile window. It was more of a mon- wed pattern rather than mon- thur pattern. Im awaiting my period now. Thank for the detailed info for future. If I am pregnant this month tho, I think ive gone against girl but praying for the best either way.

Im due any day now. Sometimes I go over by good 4 days so I dont want to do a preg test and have my hopes dropped. I have lots of opk tests at home: do these test come up positive around period date if your are actually pregnant? Ive not had any obvious symtoms but I wouldnt go by thay anyways as last time I had all the symptoms and period came late.
    Last edited by Parying4agirl; May 21st, 2022 at 06:54 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, sorry, I was just trying to be thorough in my explanation, not reading anything bad into it.

Those attempts are just one thing, there is lots of other stuff in a sway and it never comes down to one thing like that.

So tell me, when you go over by four days, do you think your ovulation was delayed those times?? Because sometimes if a period is late that means people didn't have their attempts at the right time. If your period is often coming late you may want to have one more e4d attempt after that.

Yes, you should have a positive pregnancy test at a missed period if you're pregnant, UNLESS you ovulated later than you think. Then you can still be pregnant if you had sex later than that, but it might be too early to register on a test.